Suns News: Week 26 4/8-4/9

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Suns News: Week 26 4/8-4/9

Post by Indy »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:30 am
Can't believe Nelson is now 'not that good'. If you made a pool before the news, he would have been given an A+ no questions. Denial-anger-bargaining-depression-acceptance.
:lol:

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Can't believe Nelson is now 'not that good'. If you made a pool before the news, he would have been given an A+ no questions. Denial-anger-bargaining-depression-acceptance.
Thank you.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:46 pm
djy2j wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:35 pm
Letting Aaron Nelson go is a big f*** deal. This has Sarver's stink all over it. Probably told him to take a paycut or blamed all the injuries on him. I don't get how a guy who's been in his role for so long with one franchise all the sudden wants to go somewhere else. I'm not buying it. This reeks.
Don't you think that Griffin has something to do with it and made an enticing offer?
Sarver just fired some of the training staff, like he fired some of Hornacek's assistant coaches. It's time to go.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Who said Nelson was "not that good"?
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow, losing Aaron Nelson is huge. One of the last "great" things about this franchise. We have sunk so low.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya I haven’t seen anyone say he’s not good anymore. I think he used to be at the very top. He and his staff were innovative and doing things nobody else was. Did everyone else just catch up? Or are we just not hearing about these cutting edge things anymore? I’m not really sure as we don’t hear much talk of the training staff anymore. We’ve certainly had a lot of injuries in the past few years, but we’ve also been tanking, so who knows how legit those injuries have always been.

So while I’m sure he’s a great Athletic Trainer...I would have preferred to keep him, but I’m not going to act like this is the worst thing.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Listening to the most recent solar panel podcast and there was some interesting stuff. Ashley Nevel was on...not really sure who she is, but I guess she works for bright side and she had the article quoting anonymous guys on the suns about Igor.

Anyways, she also mentioned there were some players who were not happy. Only one she mentioned specifically was TJ Warren. We’ve all expected him to be gone, but she made it sound like it’s been a certainty for awhile that he’s on the move.

She also said she’s known Igor would be gone since about midway through the season. Players respected him as a basketball mind, but they didn’t always know what he wanted of them. Said Joe Prunty was who everyone went to with questions.

She says 99% Warren is gone.
Thinks Jackson, Crawford, Daniels, and Bender are gone as well.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

The fact that we all know Aaron Nelson's name speaks to his legendary.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

iLLmatic wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:21 am
We know his hame because of Joe Proski.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:46 pm
iLLmatic wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:21 am
We know his hame because of Joe Proski.

Proski had it all when it came to a trainer - great stories (about the Hawk getting him on TV), a great nickname (Magic Fingers), a great hobby (restoring classic cars), even a great white-man 'fro.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:19 am
Wow, losing Aaron Nelson is huge. One of the last "great" things about this franchise. We have sunk so low.
Agreed. Pretty hard to see this as anything but a negative. And pretty hard to believe they will get someone better, or even as good, given the team's recent history.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm not sure how I feel. It's not as if we haven't been injured much lately. But I don't know if that's due to improper training/prevention or the players not doing what they're supposed to do.
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:52 pm
I'm not sure how I feel. It's not as if we haven't been injured much lately. But I don't know if that's due to improper training/prevention or the players not doing what they're supposed to do.
..and it's hard to say who's at fault for the improper training? Is it Aaron Nelson, or is it the lack of resources and equipment behind him?

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Not sure with all his knowledge and experience Aaron Nelson somehow got worse at being a trainer. It’s not like watching An aging athletes skills decline. You really only get better at something like personal training.

I’ll buy the lack of facilities, fine.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I feel like a lot of his reputation was built on rehabilitating older injury prone players or broken down guys. Grant Hill, Shaq, Michael Redd, Steve Nash.