Suns News: Week 26 4/8-4/9

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 14956
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns News: Week 26 4/8-4/9

Post by Superbone » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:58 am

Split T wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:46 am
Superbone wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:01 am
Split T wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:35 am
Thoughts on George Hill as a stopgap pg option next year?
No more stopgaps. We need a starting PG for the next 8 years that will grow with the team.
I just don’t know if that guy will be available. Trying to force someone into that role that’s not good enough is the easiest way we blow this offseason.
OK, but go for that first and if that doesn't work, look into stopgaps. I didn't say anything about forcing.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 7713
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Suns News: Week 26 4/8-4/9

Post by Split T » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:07 pm

Superbone wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:58 am
Split T wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:46 am
Superbone wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:01 am
Split T wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:35 am
Thoughts on George Hill as a stopgap pg option next year?
No more stopgaps. We need a starting PG for the next 8 years that will grow with the team.
I just don’t know if that guy will be available. Trying to force someone into that role that’s not good enough is the easiest way we blow this offseason.
OK, but go for that first and if that doesn't work, look into stopgaps. I didn't say anything about forcing.
Of course...but gotta have some contingency plans..

Back to Hill though, I don’t think I’d go after him. He wouldn’t be terrible if we struck out everywhere else, but he’s always hurt and I didn’t realize how poorly he shot for Milwaukee this year. He might be done.

JeremyG
Posts: 1205
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:16 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 26 4/8-4/9

Post by JeremyG » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:50 pm

Split T wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:46 am
Superbone wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:01 am
Split T wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:35 am
Thoughts on George Hill as a stopgap pg option next year?
No more stopgaps. We need a starting PG for the next 8 years that will grow with the team.
I just don’t know if that guy will be available. Trying to force someone into that role that’s not good enough is the easiest way we blow this offseason.
It's okay, you can say his name. Terry Rozier. The name does send shivers up my spine in fear though. It's the Sunsiest thing possible, so we know it's gonna happen.

User avatar
Marty [Mori Chu]
Posts: 9913
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Suns News: Week 26 4/8-4/9

Post by Marty [Mori Chu] » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:23 pm

Rozier did have 11 points on 4-8 shooting, 9 rebounds (!), and 3 assists tonight in 20 minutes against the Bucks. (Then he fouled out.)

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Suns News: Week 26 4/8-4/9

Post by Flagrant Fowl » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:31 pm

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:23 pm
Rozier did have 11 points on 4-8 shooting, 9 rebounds (!), and 3 assists tonight in 20 minutes against the Bucks. (Then he fouled out.)
Great numbers for his ideal role as a backup point guard.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 8810
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 26 4/8-4/9

Post by Indy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:55 am

JeremyG wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:50 pm
Split T wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:46 am
Superbone wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:01 am
Split T wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:35 am
Thoughts on George Hill as a stopgap pg option next year?
No more stopgaps. We need a starting PG for the next 8 years that will grow with the team.
I just don’t know if that guy will be available. Trying to force someone into that role that’s not good enough is the easiest way we blow this offseason.
It's okay, you can say his name. Terry Rozier. The name does send shivers up my spine in fear though. It's the Sunsiest thing possible, so we know it's gonna happen.
I keep saying this over and over and over. I think it is my way of helping to make sure it doesn't happen, and preparing myself for the worst when it does.

JeremyG
Posts: 1205
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:16 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 26 4/8-4/9

Post by JeremyG » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:49 pm

Indy wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:55 am
JeremyG wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:50 pm
Split T wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:46 am
Superbone wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:01 am
Split T wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:35 am
Thoughts on George Hill as a stopgap pg option next year?
No more stopgaps. We need a starting PG for the next 8 years that will grow with the team.
I just don’t know if that guy will be available. Trying to force someone into that role that’s not good enough is the easiest way we blow this offseason.
It's okay, you can say his name. Terry Rozier. The name does send shivers up my spine in fear though. It's the Sunsiest thing possible, so we know it's gonna happen.
I keep saying this over and over and over. I think it is my way of helping to make sure it doesn't happen, and preparing myself for the worst when it does.
I thought somebody had said it, haha! It's the same feeling I had when they signed Eric Bledsoe (a backup PG) and told us he would be our franchise PG. Except Rozier probably can't even get to Bledsoe's level.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 14956
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns News: Week 26 4/8-4/9

Post by Superbone » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:22 pm



Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 14956
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns News: Week 26 4/8-4/9

Post by Superbone » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:23 pm

Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing.

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Suns News: Week 26 4/8-4/9

Post by Flagrant Fowl » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:23 pm

Is Aaron Nelson the last holdover in the organization from the Colangelo era?
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
Cap
Posts: 5929
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 26 4/8-4/9

Post by Cap » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:26 pm

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:23 pm
Is Aaron Nelson the last holdover in the organization from the Colangelo era?
Al McCoy is still around. Tom Leander, Tom Chambers, Mark West, Alvan Adams. Hairy.
JJ will be better than KP when all is said and done [in 2020]. Mark it. — AIG, with Indy betting against

My [2019-20] prediction is better than mid 30s... mark it down! — Superbone

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Suns News: Week 26 4/8-4/9

Post by Flagrant Fowl » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:33 pm

Cap wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:26 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:23 pm
Is Aaron Nelson the last holdover in the organization from the Colangelo era?
Al McCoy is still around. Tom Leander, Tom Chambers, Mark West, Alvan Adams. Hairy.
I don't really compare the media guys with Nelson, but West and Adams for sure.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
djy2j
Posts: 1350
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:10 am

Re: Suns News: Week 26 4/8-4/9

Post by djy2j » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:35 pm

Letting Aaron Nelson go is a big f*** deal. This has Sarver's stink all over it. Probably told him to take a paycut or blamed all the injuries on him. I don't get how a guy who's been in his role for so long with one franchise all the sudden wants to go somewhere else. I'm not buying it. This reeks.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 5569
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 26 4/8-4/9

Post by In2ition » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:46 pm

djy2j wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:35 pm
Letting Aaron Nelson go is a big f*** deal. This has Sarver's stink all over it. Probably told him to take a paycut or blamed all the injuries on him. I don't get how a guy who's been in his role for so long with one franchise all the sudden wants to go somewhere else. I'm not buying it. This reeks.
Don't you think that Griffin has something to do with it and made an enticing offer?
"Our Suns are DEAD!!!"
Nate Duncan / Morten Jensen
Ben Goliver / Jake Madison
Bryan Toporek / John Karalis
Danny Leroux / Jonathan Feigen
Howard Beck / Dan Devine
Dan Favale / Andy Bailey
Coach Nick / Jared Weiss
Marc Jiang / David Aldridge

JeremyG
Posts: 1205
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:16 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 26 4/8-4/9

Post by JeremyG » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:14 pm

In2ition wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:46 pm
djy2j wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:35 pm
Letting Aaron Nelson go is a big f*** deal. This has Sarver's stink all over it. Probably told him to take a paycut or blamed all the injuries on him. I don't get how a guy who's been in his role for so long with one franchise all the sudden wants to go somewhere else. I'm not buying it. This reeks.
Don't you think that Griffin has something to do with it and made an enticing offer?
Sarver should have told him he would raise his pay if he stayed.

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Suns News: Week 26 4/8-4/9

Post by Flagrant Fowl » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:15 pm

Not to at all diminish Aaron Nelson, but he's not one of the team physicians and I'm sure the general wellness and care philosophy didn't begin and end with him.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

Online
User avatar
The Bobster
Posts: 3740
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:04 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Suns News: Week 26 4/8-4/9

Post by The Bobster » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:22 pm

He sure couldn't keep Booker and Warren healthy.

Nelson is a very good trainer, but how much of his reputation was based on Steve Nash and Grant Hill getting healthy?
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 5569
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 26 4/8-4/9

Post by In2ition » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:24 pm

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:14 pm
In2ition wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:46 pm
djy2j wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:35 pm
Letting Aaron Nelson go is a big f*** deal. This has Sarver's stink all over it. Probably told him to take a paycut or blamed all the injuries on him. I don't get how a guy who's been in his role for so long with one franchise all the sudden wants to go somewhere else. I'm not buying it. This reeks.
Don't you think that Griffin has something to do with it and made an enticing offer?
Sarver should have told him he would raise his pay if he stayed.
I think Nelson's ability has been overestimated. Sure they were fantastic in the past, but they seem to have fallen behind lately. It could be due to not having the practice and training facility. I'm actually encouraged by the reports of the guy they are targeting.
"Our Suns are DEAD!!!"
Nate Duncan / Morten Jensen
Ben Goliver / Jake Madison
Bryan Toporek / John Karalis
Danny Leroux / Jonathan Feigen
Howard Beck / Dan Devine
Dan Favale / Andy Bailey
Coach Nick / Jared Weiss
Marc Jiang / David Aldridge

User avatar
djy2j
Posts: 1350
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:10 am

Re: Suns News: Week 26 4/8-4/9

Post by djy2j » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:34 pm

The Bobster wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:22 pm
He sure couldn't keep Booker and Warren healthy.

Nelson is a very good trainer, but how much of his reputation was based on Steve Nash and Grant Hill getting healthy?
Until they keep stats on trainers that’s the only thing you can go by and he has a great one.

Aaron Nelson is the Tim Duncan of trainers. No one they hire Will put the team in a better place than he could. Whatever spin they put on the next guy they hire will be just that.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

User avatar
Ring_Wanted
Posts: 4571
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Suns News: Week 26 4/8-4/9

Post by Ring_Wanted » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:30 am

Can't believe Nelson is now 'not that good'. If you made a pool before the news, he would have been given an A+ no questions. Denial-anger-bargaining-depression-acceptance.

Post Reply