Draft, trades, FA, fantasy rosterbation rebuild

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: Draft, trades, FA, fantasy rosterbation rebuild

Post by Shabazz »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:15 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:13 pm
Teague/Saric/#11 for Tyler/Jackson/#6
Draft Clarke at 11
Warren for Fournier (I don't love this)
Resign Bender

Teague/Melton
Booker/Fournier
Oubre/Mikal
Saric/Clarke
Ayton/Bender
What does the cap look like after those moves?
Capped out. Teague and Tyler are even, but Josh is +$4M over Saric and Fournier is +$5.5M over TJ (with 1 fewer year). There are a few other free agents I'd be interested in bringing in as well. We'd re-sign Oubre and use the exceptions of an over the cap team.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shabazz wrote:
Draft Clarke at 11
Teague is their starting PG and I think everyone knows Tyler Johnson is a SG. Saric is way better than Jackson in every way.

Why would Minnesota make this deal just to move up 5 spots in a draft where everyone believes there's not much of a difference between 5 and 15?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:13 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Draft Clarke at 11
Teague is their starting PG and I think everyone knows Tyler Johnson is a SG. Saric is way better than Jackson in every way.

Why would Minnesota make this deal just to move up 5 spots in a draft where everyone believes there's not much of a difference between 5 and 15?
It would probably be contingent on their target (Garland? Culver?) being there. They seem disenchanted with Teague and Saric had trouble fitting in. I'd have no problem taking Covington instead, but I they value him more.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Shabazz wrote:
Draft Clarke at 11
Resign Bender

Teague/Melton
Booker/Fournier
Oubre/Mikal
Saric/Clarke
Ayton/Bender
I like those moves a lot, with the possible exception of the Warren/Fournier move. I haven't looked at their contracts, but that one is a big talent downgrade.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:51 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:13 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Draft Clarke at 11

It would probably be contingent on their target (Garland? Culver?) being there. They seem disenchanted with Teague and Saric had trouble fitting in. I'd have no problem taking Covington instead, but I they value him more.
Yeah, I guess if they really love a guy at #6 it's possible, but I really don't think we could expect to get anything like that in a deal involving Jackson.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

@bazz--Do you see Teague as a significant upgrade over other middling PGs like Collison? I will be honest and say I don't think I watched a single Minny game that we weren't playing them.

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:19 pm
carey wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:54 pm
I'm reading we've been pursuing Aaron Holiday intensely. Do any trades make sense with Indy? I advocated for him heavily last draft. He didn't play all that much this year. Maybe they want our #32? I'm not exactly sure why we'd be after him with 2 of our own rookie guards to deal with.
Doesn’t make sense to me not significantly different from them
He’s more of a pg than either of them. He can also shoot. But he’s still needs time like our 2.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:59 am
specialsauce wrote:
carey wrote:
I'm reading we've been pursuing Aaron Holiday intensely. Do any trades make sense with Indy? I advocated for him heavily last draft. He didn't play all that much this year. Maybe they want our #32? I'm not exactly sure why we'd be after him with 2 of our own rookie guards to deal with.
He’s more of a pg than either of them. He can also shoot. But he’s still needs time like our 2.
I didn't follow him in college, but his NBA shooting shows he makes 33.9% of his 3s. I wouldn't call that good. His FG% by distance doesn't look much better either.

http://www.austinclemens.com/shotcharts/

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:00 pm
carey wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:48 pm
No thanks. It's trade for Jrue, sign Collison, or draft and start Garland/Coby in that order.
It should be telling to everyone on this board, that Indiana, a pretty smart organization, is perfectly content letting Collison go this summer and is strongly rumored to be going after Rubio as a replacement.

If our Summer is as underwhelming as something like White + Collison + Aminu, then we're probably no better than the 2nd worst team in the West next season, with a future no brighter than it currently is.
Someone has the Conley Blues.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:29 am
Split T wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:59 am
specialsauce wrote:
carey wrote:
I didn't follow him in college, but his NBA shooting shows he makes 33.9% of his 3s. I wouldn't call that good. His FG% by distance doesn't look much better either.

http://www.austinclemens.com/shotcharts/
I didn’t follow him with the pacers, but 34% isn’t bad for a rookie who got spotty playing time. Here’s a write up about him as a prospect
There’s a lot to like about Holiday’s game, but to me the biggest strength is what I talked about in the previous paragraph. He’s a combo guard that has experience playing with a lead guard and can play on and off the ball. At 6’1″ he has questions about his size, but his wingspan more than helps with that. Offensively he can do a little bit of everything but is really an excellent shooter. He shot 42.9% from three this season and the worst he shot during his three years at UCLA is 41.1%. That translates to the free throw line, something scouts really look at when it comes to consistency with shooting, and you see that Holiday has improved all three years from the stripe, shooting 82% from three this year. He’s an excellent catch and shoot guy, ranking in the 98th percentile nationally after scoring 1.482 points per possession on 85 catch and shoot opportunities this year. What he does well – and you can see it in the clip below – is relocate to the correct spot. It’s something kind of mundane, but with spacing being as important as it is in the game now, it’s vital to know where to relocate while still letting the guy with the ball operate. That’s what Holiday does well.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Shabazz wrote:
Draft Clarke at 11
Resign Bender

Teague/Melton
Booker/Fournier
Oubre/Mikal
Saric/Clarke
Ayton/Bender
Perfect idea for this thread. Unrealistically good. I love it.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:50 am
Shabazz wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:00 pm
carey wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:48 pm
No thanks. It's trade for Jrue, sign Collison, or draft and start Garland/Coby in that order.
It should be telling to everyone on this board, that Indiana, a pretty smart organization, is perfectly content letting Collison go this summer and is strongly rumored to be going after Rubio as a replacement.

If our Summer is as underwhelming as something like White + Collison + Aminu, then we're probably no better than the 2nd worst team in the West next season, with a future no brighter than it currently is.
Someone has the Conley Blues.
sadtrombone.com

Indy

Post by Indy »

That should basically be the sounds that plays the first time we log into this site every day.

jonh

Post by jonh »

Gambo is trying his best to drop some type of bomb on twitter/plug his show today.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:44 am
That should basically be the sounds that plays the first time we log into this site every day.
It’s the sound that I hear when I read most of the posts.
"Be Legendary."

jonh

Post by jonh »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:38 am
Indy wrote:

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:38 am
Indy wrote:
So the posts here match the real-life performance of the team this decade. Got it. ;)

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Gambo believes that Suns fans will be happy today. He thinks they will get a good player at 6. I told him that we were sold that Jackson was going to be a good player too.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:38 am
Gambo believes that Suns fans will be happy today. He thinks they will get a good player at 6. I told him that we were sold that Jackson was going to be a good player too.
AND CHRISS AND BENDER

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Draft day has been a disappointment for the Suns fans, but the uninformed masses love it only to learn that they were duped two years later.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass