Draft, trades, FA, fantasy rosterbation rebuild

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Re: Draft, trades, FA, fantasy rosterbation rebuild

Post by JeremyG »

The Bobster wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:46 pm
He's on the bad side of 30 - no thanks.
So is Durant, would you tell him no if he wanted to come here?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I don't think LeBron is close to being done physically, I just don't think he's as tuned in mentally at this point in his career and he's not going to play 35mpg for 80 games to drag a team to 45 wins.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 10:14 pm
The Bobster wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:46 pm
He's on the bad side of 30 - no thanks.
So is Durant, would you tell him no if he wanted to come here?
James (34 years old)
46,235 Regular Season Minutes
10,049 Postseason Minutes
56,284 Total Minutes

Durant (30 years old)
31,305 Regular Season Minutes
5,586 Postseason Minutes
36,891 Total Minutes

If Durant plays 20,000 minutes over the next four years, probably not.
Last edited by The Bobster on Sun May 12, 2019 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

ShelC wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:22 am
I don't think LeBron is close to being done physically, I just don't think he's as tuned in mentally at this point in his career and he's not going to play 35mpg for 80 games to drag a team to 45 wins.

He's already #1 in postseason minutes played. He's #17 in regular season minutes and will be in the top 10 by the end of next season. That's a lot of wear and tear.

His level of play is going to continue to decline. I'm not saying it's going to fall off a cliff any time soon, but eventually it will.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

"Continue to decline"....except it hasn't started yet. He's got another 2-3 years at his current level, then you might start to see some slippage.

Aside from that, I keep thinking about a PF who could fit and I hate myself for thinking this but a guy like Marcus Morris would be a solid addition.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

ShelC wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:54 am
"Continue to decline"....except it hasn't started yet. He's got another 2-3 years at his current level, then you might start to see some slippage.

Aside from that, I keep thinking about a PF who could fit and I hate myself for thinking this but a guy like M****s M****s would be a solid addition.
You're not alone, ShelC. I also hate you for thinking that. :twisted:
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:06 am
ShelC wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:54 am

Aside from that, I keep thinking about a PF who could fit and I hate myself for thinking this but a guy like M****s M****s would be a solid addition.
You're not alone, ShelC. I also hate you for thinking that. :twisted:
LOL!
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I would be concerned about Morris due to character and chemistry issues. But I do agree that playstyle wise, a player like that would be a good fit.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

I give it a 75% chance this pick gets packaged for a starting PG or PF.

jonh

Post by jonh »

I think this is the closest thread for the FA market--how would you feel about getting Elfred Payton as the starting PG? Shouldn't have to break the bank for him, and he provides a lot of what we would want Rubio to provide. Just a thought.

carey

Post by carey »

No thanks. It's trade for Jrue, sign Collison, or draft and start Garland/Coby in that order.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

NO. He does not.

He’s Rubio with half effort and no defense. We all remember that right?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:50 pm
NO. He does not.

He’s Rubio with half effort and no defense. We all remember that right?
Thank you
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

He is a better PG than anyone we had playing that position besides Tyler. But that bar is basically g-league level. I am not sure how many different tiers of starting PGs there are in the league right now, but he isn't someone I would give up any assets to get, and I am not going to pay him and Tyler. So I guess if you had a way to dump Tyler, and couldn't get a PG coming back, I would be OK with him if he were cheap and it was in competition with another PG we draft/sign.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

carey wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:48 pm
No thanks. It's trade for Jrue, sign Collison, or draft and start Garland/Coby in that order.
It should be telling to everyone on this board, that Indiana, a pretty smart organization, is perfectly content letting Collison go this summer and is strongly rumored to be going after Rubio as a replacement.

If our Summer is as underwhelming as something like White + Collison + Aminu, then we're probably no better than the 2nd worst team in the West next season, with a future no brighter than it currently is.

Split T

Post by Split T »

They drafted Aaron Holliday, he’s a Collison clone.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:00 pm
carey wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:48 pm
It should be telling to everyone on this board, that Indiana, a pretty smart organization, is perfectly content letting Collison go this summer and is strongly rumored to be going after Rubio as a replacement.

If our Summer is as underwhelming as something like White + Collison + Aminu, then we're probably no better than the 2nd worst team in the West next season, with a future no brighter than it currently is.
+1

carey

Post by carey »

Shabazz wrote:

Explain why, please.

Collison is shooting 46/40/83. Dishes 6 assists at 3:1 a:to in 28 minutes per game. He put up a PER of 16.7 (Melton 9.9, Okobo 7.7, Tyler 12.5) which is better than league average I think. He has a 7 WS and a VORP of 1.8. (Melton WS 0, VORP -.1 - Okbo WS -.5, VORP -.9 - Tyler WS .5, VORP 0.)

I get the need to go after a star. I don't think there's any denying that Collison is a significant upgrade over anything we've had for a while though. The only thing that concerns me is he's 31 and his stats declined slightly from the year before.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:45 pm
Shabazz wrote:

Explain why, please.

Collison is shooting 46/40/83. Dishes 6 assists at 3:1 a:to in 28 minutes per game. He put up a PER of 16.7 (Melton 9.9, Okobo 7.7, Tyler 12.5) which is better than league average I think. He has a 7 WS and a VORP of 1.8. (Melton WS 0, VORP -.1 - Okbo WS -.5, VORP -.9 - Tyler WS .5, VORP 0.)

I get the need to go after a star. I don't think there's any denying that Collison is a significant upgrade over anything we've had for a while though. The only thing that concerns me is he's 31 and his stats declined slightly from the year before.
It's just my assumption, but maybe Collison is looking for a larger and longer deal than the Pacers want to give him. Maybe he thinks he can get 3 or 4 years at the midlevel and the Pacers want to keep salary flexibility.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

O_Gardino wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:48 pm
carey wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:45 pm
Shabazz wrote:

Explain why, please.

It's just my assumption, but maybe Collison is looking for a larger and longer deal than the Pacers want to give him. Maybe he thinks he can get 3 or 4 years at the midlevel and the Pacers want to keep salary flexibility.
I'll take Collison over the other trash we're rumored to be interested in (Joseph, Beverly, Rubio)

That doesn't mean I'd be excited about it.