Suns fire Head Coach Igor Kokoskov

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
BookTheGoat

Suns fire Head Coach Igor Kokoskov

Post by BookTheGoat »

[tweet][/tweet]

carey

Re: Suns fire Head Coach Igor Kokoskov

Post by carey »

My thoughts? Sarver is a cancerous plague on our beloved franchise. I am glad Coach Koko is set free from this drifting tire fire.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

BookTheGoat

Post by BookTheGoat »

[tweet][/tweet]

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

We are a farce

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Monty Williams? WTF.. Barf. Might as well get Thunder Dan.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

This is great news. The Suns can finally hire Kevin McHale or Tyrone Lue as their head coach now. #TheTimeLine
Last edited by Wally_West on Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Jesus fucking Christ. This owner can't get out his own way. Monte Williams is in no way a significantly better coach than Igor.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t really like this. We can’t just keep putting everything on the coach. Igor had his flaws, but he seemed to take a step forward during the 2nd half. I just think we better have a someone solid lined up.

I don’t know a lot about Monty Williams, but I’ve heard positive things about him from basketball people.

If we hire Jason Kidd....

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Mark Jackson is another great option too.

Kevin McHale
Tyrone Lue
Fred Hoiberg
Tom Thibodeau
Mark Jackson

Yep, no bad choices here. It’s only sunshine and rainbows from here on out, boys.

Edit: Jason Kidd, as suggested by Split T. Great option. Fan favorite, high moral compass, left on great terms and straight shooter.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Jeff Bower hired Monty Williams as head coach in New Orleans

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:21 pm
Fred Hoiberg
He's the HC at Nebraska now. Dodged a bullet with that one.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

JB Bickerstaff is available.

carey

Post by carey »

Monty is about as mediocre as you can get. He is your .500 level coach. He couldn’t figure out how to use AD when he was here. He would absolutely ruin Ayton by freezing him out. AD would be murdering a team then go the entire 4th quarter without touching the ball.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Bernie Bickerstaff, too.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

If the Lakers want to hire Monty, why the hell would he come to this shit-show? Hey Monty, you can get $7M annually to coach LeBron, or you can *checks how much lowest paid coach makes* make ($500K less than lowest paid coach) to work for this shit-ass garbage pile. Whaddaya say? Oh, and your starting PG will be Blake Ahearn.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

What about someone with no coaching experience at all? Ronnie Price would be worth a look. Perhaps Paul Pierce too.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Monty Williams has a sub .500 record and we’re scrambling to try and get him? It’s stunning how this franchise absolutely covets mediocrity.

If they were to announce that the new practice facility will be fitted with the world’s biggest roof made completely out of cardboard I wouldn’t even blink.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

In all seriousness, the suns should try James Jones as GM/Coach. He could bring a new perspective, like instead of coaching from the sidelines, he could coach under the basket so he could be closer to the action.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

This is obviously Jeff Bower's doing, since Woj says they were planning on keeping Igor. I guess Bower is actually running the show now??

carey wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:28 pm
Monty is about as mediocre as you can get. He is your .500 level coach. He couldn’t figure out how to use AD when he was here. He would absolutely ruin Ayton by freezing him out. AD would be murdering a team then go the entire 4th quarter without touching the ball.
I was starting to lean towards being okay with Igor coming back, just for stability sake. The only reason I wouldn't mind getting rid of him was because he refused to use Ayton. So if you're right about Monty, hopefully we lose out on him to the Lakers lol. Although, .500 level coach sounds pretty great right about now. :P
Last edited by JeremyG on Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.