Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
iLLmatic

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by iLLmatic »

Wormwood wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:44 am
In2ition wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:41 am
This isn't really all that bad. It was just a dumb decision(s). He could have easily, if he used his head, gotten into the VIP section without having to try to sneak in. Seems like a harmless incident, but it does add to the other dumb things he's done. Kind of like his shot selection last year.
Dude, he tried to escape WHILE ALREADY HANDCUFFED. Not only is it likely felony escape charges, it's freaking stupid as hell. Like, America's Dumbest Criminals level.
Voice of reason, WW.

What a stupid guy. But, but, but, he plays chess with old guys in the park.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Really stupid thing to do...I wouldn’t classify it as a bad thing though. Kicking that girls car and threatening her in college was infinitely worse IMO. Still all for moving on from him.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

iLLmatic wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:49 am
Wormwood wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:44 am
In2ition wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:41 am
This isn't really all that bad. It was just a dumb decision(s). He could have easily, if he used his head, gotten into the VIP section without having to try to sneak in. Seems like a harmless incident, but it does add to the other dumb things he's done. Kind of like his shot selection last year.
Dude, he tried to escape WHILE ALREADY HANDCUFFED. Not only is it likely felony escape charges, it's freaking stupid as hell. Like, America's Dumbest Criminals level.
Voice of reason, WW.

What a stupid guy. But, but, but, he plays chess with old guys in the park.
Yes just another example of how dumb of a person he really is.

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

Split T wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:07 am
Really stupid thing to do...I wouldn’t classify it as a bad thing though. Kicking that girls car and threatening her in college was infinitely worse IMO. Still all for moving on from him.
I'll partially agree with you. What he did in college was worse from a morality standpoint (he shouldn't have been sneaking into the VIP area in the first place, but violence is way worse). But that brings up a point... How the f*** do you successfully sneak into someplace where you're 6'8"? Or, more importantly, how do you lack of self awareness required to realize that at 6'8" you draw a LOT of attention and stealth is kind of your character dump stat?

So... very... dumb... on so many levels.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I am sure this will help his trade value. Think we can get a 2nd rounder for him?

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:26 am
I am sure this will help his trade value. Think we can get a 2nd rounder for him?
A 2nd rounder and a bad contract, most likely.

Just decline his option, use him sparingly, and let his contract expire at the end of the season.
Last edited by Cap on Mon May 13, 2019 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It sounds like he had access earlier in the day and may have lost his VIP badge somewhere, so he probably felt that they should have known he was there(being 6'8" and a famous NBA player) earlier. Idk, he just doesn't make the best decisions, but I don't think he's malicious or that this makes him a bad human being.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Cap

Post by Cap »

In2ition wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:43 am
It sounds like he had access earlier in the day and may have lost his VIP badge somewhere, so he probably felt that they should have known he was there(being 6'8" and a famous NBA player) earlier. Idk, he just doesn't make the best decisions, but I don't think he's malicious or that this makes him a bad human being.
This would be a lot easier to look past if he actually made a positive contribution on the court.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:45 am
In2ition wrote:
This would be a lot easier to look past if he actually made a positive contribution on the court.
No doubt.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

I really wanted Jackson to work out. I was a huge fan of his before the draft and was really happy to get him. He’s been very disappointing on the court and a headache off the court. He’s gonna get expensive, 7 million next year and a 9 million 4th year option that we have to decide on before he plays another game. Oubre and Bridges passed him on the wing hierarchy and the best prospects at our most likely draft position will be wings.

Ayton, Booker, Oubre, Bridges. Everything else is very expendable and should be used to build a team.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
running away from the police after being arrested and put in cuffs is a good indication he thinks he is above the law. Just like what he did in college, and when he blew off the fan appearance. He isn't worth the effort. If he wants to go off on his own and learn how to be a responsible adult, great. I hope he does that somewhere else.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:03 pm
In2ition wrote:
running away from the police after being arrested and put in cuffs is a good indication he thinks he is above the law. Just like what he did in college, and when he blew off the fan appearance. He isn't worth the effort. If he wants to go off on his own and learn how to be a responsible adult, great. I hope he does that somewhere else.
Idk that it means he feels he's above the law at all. He might be worried about a number of things, how this looks with the Suns, or possibly that he was worried about police brutality. When you are shown evidence over and over of people getting beaten down by police, particularly in the Florida, there is no telling what was going through his mind.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Cap wrote:
Indy wrote:

Just decline his option, use him sparingly, and let his contract expire at the end of the season.
We'll give him the good ol' Dragan Bender treatment.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

In2ition wrote:
That would definitely suck losing your VIP access. I'm not sure I'd let it get to the level of being handcuffed and then running after I had been handcuffed by the police.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

iLLmatic wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:25 pm
In2ition wrote:
That would definitely suck losing your VIP access. I'm not sure I'd let it get to the level of being handcuffed and then running after I had been handcuffed by the police.
Alcohol gives you all kinds of ideas you think are good at the time, haha.

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

Split T wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:02 pm
I really wanted Jackson to work out. I was a huge fan of his before the draft and was really happy to get him. He’s been very disappointing on the court and a headache off the court. He’s gonna get expensive, 7 million next year and a 9 million 4th year option that we have to decide on before he plays another game. Oubre and Bridges passed him on the wing hierarchy and the best prospects at our most likely draft position will be wings.

Ayton, Booker, Oubre, Bridges. Everything else is very expendable and should be used to build a team.
Funny how the 2nd and 3rd highest paid players on the team totally aren't part of our plans. This roster is a football bat.

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

iLLmatic wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:23 pm
Cap wrote:
Indy wrote:

We'll give him the good ol' Dragan Bender treatment.
We have to wait
another year for that. Until then, he's a $7M cap hit.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

What a dumbass.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Cap, let's rescind on my previous prediction:

JJ will be better than KP at getting in trouble at nightclubs when all is said and done [in 2020]. Mark it. — AIG, with Indy betting against

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2673 ... ltercation

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 1:24 pm
Cap, let's rescind on my previous prediction:

JJ will be better than KP at getting in trouble at nightclubs when all is said and done [in 2020]. Mark it. — AIG, with Indy betting against
Ha!