Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
specialsauce

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:29 am
specialsauce wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:40 pm
Depends and the goals will be different.

I’d rather max a really good player than use that same money on 3 average players.

It’s the difference of Amare vs. Warwick T******u and C*******s
Who would you go after if we had max cap space?
Brogdon. DLo. Kemba if we stood a chance. Julius Randle. Going hard after Dinwiddie or Aaron Gordon (instead of shedding salary, using those contracts in the deal)

I’m not saying I’d max all those players, but that’s where I’d focus my money.

I’m really not interested in going after TJ Mcconell for a 3 year/30 mill deal, then Jamychael Green for 2 years/ 20 mill, etc (just throwing names out there). That will just tie up space and waste time. We’re not moving the needle for now or the future with that garbagio. I’d rather pay someone that actually has the talent to take us in to the playoffs if the team plays well together.

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:03 am
Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

I’d rather max a really good player than use that same money on 3 average players.

Brogdon. DLo. Kemba if we stood a chance. Julius Randle. Going hard after Dinwiddie or Aaron Gordon (instead of shedding salary, using those contracts in the deal)

I’m not saying I’d max all those players, but that’s where I’d focus my money.

I’m really not interested in going after TJ Mcconell for a 3 year/30 mill deal, then Jamychael Green for 2 years/ 20 mill, etc (just throwing names out there). That will just tie up space and waste time. We’re not moving the needle for now or the future with that garbagio. I’d rather pay someone that actually has the talent to take us in to the playoffs if the team plays well together.
I think that’s understandable. Though McConnell and Green won’t get those numbers.

I could get behind going after Randle. But I also think targeting the right 3 mid level guys could work too. The Warrick, Turkoglu, Childress summer didn’t work because we paid them to be mediocre guys and they were terrible guys.

I’d prefer someone who could be a long term solution(Brogdon or Harris would be nice, but highly unlikely) But say you clear Warren’s salary, that gives you the money to get Dedmon and Collison plus another shooter with the room exception(say Curry)

Say we got a mid to late 1st for Warren and drafted Grant Williams, who we seem to like, but feel free to change that to someone else.(Claxton, Cam Johnson, PJ Washington, Clarke)Then we draft Coby White at 6

Collison/Booker/Oubre/Dedmon/Ayton with
White/Curry/Jackson/Bridges/Williams off the bench.

Dedmon could start at 4 and backup the 5. Oubre, Bridges, and Williams could all play minutes at the 4.

You’d still have Johnson, Melton, and Okobo that you could move or use as well.

That’s probably not a playoff team, but it’s competent and if you sign Collison/Dedmon to short term deals, you can jump back into free agency after White/Booker/Oubre/Bridges/Ayton/Williams have developed a little more and add the finishing touches to a potential contender.

You could

Split T

Post by Split T »

jonh

Post by jonh »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:59 am
What? I think this is just people with time on their hands throwing stuff at the wall. Welcome to summer.

Split T

Post by Split T »

jonh wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:05 pm
Split T wrote:
What? I think this is just people with time on their hands throwing stuff at the wall. Welcome to summer.
Maybe, Ashley Nevel is an actual reporter who does seem to be pretty connected to suns players. Would seem weird for her to use her official twitter to just have fun.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:20 pm
jonh wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:05 pm
Split T wrote:
Maybe, Ashley Nevel is an actual reporter who does seem to be pretty connected to suns players. Would seem weird for her to use her official twitter to just have fun.
I thought it was weird too. I just don't believe that the Grizz are talking to the Suns about this. I think he's going to the Jazz.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Don't fucking tease me, Nevel.

carey

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:
This is kind of ridiculous. I'm not a fan of the way she goes about her 'reporting.' I thought the same thing about all the things she said about Igor after the fact.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

jonh

Post by jonh »

carey wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:42 pm
Split T wrote:
This is kind of ridiculous. I'm not a fan of the way she goes about her 'reporting.' I thought the same thing about all the things she said about Igor after the fact.
Agreed- this feels too flippant to be serious, and too serious an assertion to be done flippantly, if you are a professional reporter for the team.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:38 pm
Don't f*** tease me, Nevel.
As long as it doesn’t involve #6, I’d be down. Warren, Johnson, Mil Pick

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

A point guard. Kyrie, DLo, Kemba.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:18 pm
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

There'a a new GM in town. Almost everything is up for trade.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:18 pm
I think this is just posturing and/or misdirection. All of those assets would absolutely be on the table for the right deal.
There is also a reasonable chance we have put the feelers out and not had any decent deals proposed

Split T

Post by Split T »

I just think it’s funny how different each report is.

We’ve heard that we’re after Hunter/Culver and might trade up for Hunter. We heard that we were interested in Garland and then that was redacted and we’re after White. We like Clarke. We aren’t trading the 6th pick, but some say it’s still available. Jackson and Warren are both on the table and not on the table. Yes to Russell, no to Russell. We’ve heard everything. I have no real idea on what we’re doing. The only thing I feel somewhat confident on is Oubre returning. Outside of that, who knows.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:41 pm

We’ve heard that we’re after Hunter/Culver and might trade up for Hunter. We heard that we were interested in Garland and then that was redacted and we’re after White. We like Clarke. We aren’t trading the 6th pick, but some say it’s still available. Jackson and Warren are both on the table and not on the table. Yes to Russell, no to Russell. We’ve heard everything. I have no real idea on what we’re doing. The only thing I feel somewhat confident on is Oubre returning. Outside of that, who knows.
This is great and exactly how I'd run the organization from a media news/rumors perspective.

It's too early to know whether it's intentional or not because we'll need to see what happens in the next few months.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Trading #6 for #4 would be risky, since New Orleans does not own the #4 pick yet.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:33 am
Is Dinwiddie just trolling suns fans?

It seems to me that he has privately requested a trade to the Suns, but he’s not allowed to publicly demand a trade without being fined (see AD). Instead he just keeps hinting at it.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:41 pm

Having no idea what the organization is going to do is a welcome (if brief) change from knowing with certainty that they were going to screw things up.