Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by JeremyG »

Indy wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:08 pm
But it isn't one or the other. It isn't all or nothing. things are not just black and white. there are a million shades of grey. I think we are more likely to piss off players on this team by signing DLo and then not having any room to bring back FAs in two years after we start getting good. Then we max out at a 50 win team that gets bounced in round one and have to start all over like Memphis is doing.
I’ll take that risk along with the 50 wins at this point.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:30 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:24 pm
Just curious, how does one accidentally get a four-month-old high? And how does one know that said four-month-old is high?

Does she start bingeing on breast milk? We're her first words, "Maybe Kyrie is right."?
I wouldn’t think it would take much to get a four-month-old high from second hand smoke. At the very minimum, it’s horrible and negligent parenting. Did anybody here know Jackson had a baby daughter?
It’s much worse that his daughter was there, but even without his daughter him smoking weed shows his lack of judgment.

I don’t care what you think about marijuana. If your employment contract explicitly states you cannot indulge and you do it anyway, you’re wreckless.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:23 pm
Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Just curious, how does one accidentally get a four-month-old high? And how does one know that said four-month-old is high?

Does she start bingeing on breast milk? We're her first words, "Maybe Kyrie is right."?
I wouldn’t think it would take much to get a four-month-old high from second hand smoke. At the very minimum, it’s horrible and negligent parenting. Did anybody here know Jackson had a baby daughter?
It’s much worse that his daughter was there, but even without his daughter him smoking weed shows his lack of judgment.

I don’t care what you think about marijuana. If your employment contract explicitly states you cannot indulge and you do it anyway, you’re wreckless.
You're probably chastising 80% of the league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:27 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

low.

Indy

Post by Indy »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:15 pm
Indy wrote:
But it isn't one or the other. It isn't all or nothing. things are not just black and white. there are a million shades of grey. I think we are more likely to piss off players on this team by signing DLo and then not having any room to bring back FAs in two years after we start getting good. Then we max out at a 50 win team that gets bounced in round one and have to start all over like Memphis is doing.
I’ll take that risk along with the 50 wins at this point.
I feel your pain.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Isn't this also a false dichotomy?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

carey wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:18 pm
People were saying TOO and I were daffy for saying that threatening to beat a woman while at KU was a major red flag. He's just a f*** idiot. That's not fixable.
Character matters. I'm not sure I could convince myself to take on a total shit head player even if it improves the team. Blarg.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:27 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Sure. That makes them all wreckless. Willing to jeopardize their careers.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:51 pm
Indy wrote:
Isn't this also a false dichotomy?
I don't think so. What are the two options I am comparing as if they are the only outcomes? I thought I prefaced enough by saying it isn't one or two things, and what my thoughts were on likelihood.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Sad Suns Fan wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:05 pm
carey wrote:
People were saying TOO and I were daffy for saying that threatening to beat a woman while at KU was a major red flag. He's just a f*** idiot. That's not fixable.
Character matters. I'm not sure I could convince myself to take on a total shit head player even if it improves the team. Blarg.
This. I am not saying players I haven't rooted for were great people, but once I find out they are an asshole or a shit head, I stop rooting for them. It would make my Suns fandom even more miserable than the last few years if I was rooting for a team where the key players were known assholes/shit heads.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Indy wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:31 pm
Sad Suns Fan wrote:
carey wrote:
Character matters. I'm not sure I could convince myself to take on a total s*** head player even if it improves the team. Blarg.
This. I am not saying players I haven't rooted for were great people, but once I find out they are an a****** or a s*** head, I stop rooting for them. It would make my Suns fandom even more miserable than the last few years if I was rooting for a team where the key players were known a******/s*** heads.
How many of us were huge KJ fans? He's the whole reason I'm a Suns fan in the first place. I still haven't wrapped my head around all that business.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:50 pm
Indy wrote:
Sad Suns Fan wrote:
carey wrote:
Character matters. I'm not sure I could convince myself to take on a total s*** head player even if it improves the team. Blarg.
This. I am not saying players I haven't rooted for were great people, but once I find out they are an a****** or a s*** head, I stop rooting for them. It would make my Suns fandom even more miserable than the last few years if I was rooting for a team where the key players were known a******/s*** heads.
How many of us were huge KJ fans? He's the whole reason I'm a Suns fan in the first place. I still haven't wrapped my head around all that business.
Same here for the first part. Although my first Suns game I attended was in 82 (before I even knew what the NBA was or that there was a Phoenix Suns team), but I didn't watch another until late in the 87-88 season. I was hooked, and much of it was due to KJ. He was my favorite sports player ever from about 1987 until 2007 or so. I can't remember when I first read that article that seemed credible to me. I remembered hearing something vaguely in early 2000s, but didn't see any real reporting until later.

I realize these all just people, and we all have flaws. But there are certain things you don't forgive, and that is one of them.

Fuck that guy.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Indy wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:12 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:50 pm
Indy wrote:
Sad Suns Fan wrote:
carey wrote:
Same here for the first part. Although my first Suns game I attended was in 82 (before I even knew what the NBA was or that there was a Phoenix Suns team), but I didn't watch another until late in the 87-88 season. I was hooked, and much of it was due to KJ. He was my favorite sports player ever from about 1987 until 2007 or so. I can't remember when I first read that article that seemed credible to me. I remembered hearing something vaguely in early 2000s, but didn't see any real reporting until later.

I realize these all just people, and we all have flaws. But there are certain things you don't forgive, and that is one of them.

f*** that guy.
Yes, indeed.

I am also done defending Josh Jackson.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy wrote:
50 wins, you say?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:54 pm
Indy wrote:
50 wins, you say?
I think a core of Dlo, Book, Ayton in a couple years and Bridges in a couple years with a good bench could compete for 50 games. I can't see a backcourt of Dlo and Booker exceeding in the playoffs.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:15 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:54 pm
Indy wrote:
50 wins, you say?
I think a core of Dlo, Book, Ayton in a couple years and Bridges in a couple years with a good bench could compete for 50 games. I can't see a backcourt of Dlo and Booker exceeding in the playoffs.
I'm curious, why do you say that? Booker can't score in the playoffs? He doesn't have a game that can exceed in a playoff scenario? Or DLo doesn't? The combination with Ayton & Bridges, along with a PF wouldn't work in the playoffs?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The defense of that starting unit would be really bad.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:20 pm
Add a defensive pf would help. I think defensive woes in the backcourt is overblown imo. Put a great frontcourt defense together and it helps the backcourt.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:53 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Add a defensive pf would help. I think defensive woes in the backcourt is overblown imo. Put a great frontcourt defense together and it helps the backcourt.
A great frontcourt defense ... based around Ayton?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:59 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:53 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
A great frontcourt defense ... based around Ayton?
I think Ayton improved over the season. I wish it was more consistent, but it definitely got better. Put a decent PF next to him and watch it all of a audden seem so much better.