Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by Split T »

Just stick with Tyler if you’re gonna go after Joseph.

Split T

Post by Split T »

carey wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:17 pm
Indy wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:04 pm

You know way more about the cap than i do, so forgive the question. Why couldn't he be traded last night?
The uncertainty of whether or not he still had a remaining year on his deal.
I think he could have been traded, but would have to be on this year’s cap structure. No one had cap space, so we would have had to bring salary back to match.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:29 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:19 pm
Who the heck is Meth? I see people saying "meth" all the time. Is this a nickname I missed during the season and why did someone start getting called meth? Seems like a bad nickname to have.
Tyler. Because people say he looks like Steph Curry on meth. it is awful
Why don't people here just call him Tyler? We're grown ups, right? Instead I have to guess who we're talking about. It isn't even faster than typing out Tyler, unless one less character makes things that much easier. It's immature.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Indy wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:19 pm
Who the heck is Meth? I see people saying "meth" all the time. Is this a nickname I missed during the season and why did someone start getting called meth? Seems like a bad nickname to have.
Tyler. Because people say he looks like Steph Curry on meth. it is awful
haha I absolutely love it. Obviously don't care if anyone thinks I am inmature for that. But I so don't give a sh!t that if Mori/mods or whatever want it to stop, they just have to say it.
Last edited by Ring_Wanted on Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Does anyone think we’ll be able to move Jackson easily?

I can see us moving him in August when teams have struck out and have cap space remaining, but then most FA’s will have signed.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:45 pm

I can see us moving him in August when teams have struck out and have cap space remaining, but then most FA’s will have signed.
Just get someone to agree to wait until August to sign with us then :lol:
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Just stick with Tyler if you’re gonna go after Joseph.
I guess we can hope that Joseph will refuse to come here! Lol.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:

If we are hoping to sign a PF, PG, and a SG for a total of 20 million... Hmm, does that mean we don't think we are resigning Oubre? Or are they calling him a PF now?

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:09 pm
Gambo says he expects us to end up with Cory Joseph. Not Russell. Not Collison. Collison’s backup. He averages 6.5 points and 3.9 assists.

This front office is an absolute joke. Probably the worst we’ve ever had, and that sure is saying something.
Just awful. He’s not better than any of the players we currently have at the position. I really hope Hambone is talking out of his ass. He hasn’t been right in a while and I really hope that trend continues.

If we don’t pursue Brogdon or DLo, AND don’t even bother with Collison, Rubio, Beverley, Satoransky, etc. I will be quite upset. I’d much rather keep TJ.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:24 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Gambo says he expects us to end up with Cory Joseph. Not Russell. Not Collison. Collison’s backup. He averages 6.5 points and 3.9 assists.

This front office is an absolute joke. Probably the worst we’ve ever had, and that sure is saying something.
Just awful. He’s not better than any of the players we currently have at the position. I really hope Hambone is talking out of his ass. He hasn’t been right in a while and I really hope that trend continues.

If we don’t pursue Brogdon or DLo, AND don’t even bother with Collison, Rubio, Beverley, Satoransky, etc. I will be quite upset. I’d much rather keep TJ.
Gambo said he doesn’t expect us to even pursue Brogdon (or Russell). And he says Collison wants to be on a contender and Beverly wants to go elsewhere. Besides those two, the other two he knows are on the Suns list are Rubio and Joseph but he thinks the Suns would prefer Joseph because Rubio can’t shoot.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:29 pm
specialsauce wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

Gambo said he doesn’t expect us to even pursue Brogdon (or Russell). And he says Collison wants to be on a contender and Beverly wants to go elsewhere. Besides those two, the other two he knows are on the Suns list are Rubio and Joseph but he thinks the Suns would prefer Joseph because Rubio can’t shoot.
I really don’t care what the clown says.

And ultimately he could be right but that doesn’t mean you don’t pursue them. Cory Joseph is not a July 1st signing. He’s an August 1st signing, after you’ve tried every other player and made calls and struck out.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:33 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:29 pm
specialsauce wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

I really don’t care what the clown says.

And ultimately he could be right but that doesn’t mean you don’t pursue them. Cory Joseph is not a July 1st signing. He’s an August 1st signing, after you’ve tried every other player and made calls and struck out.
Well I WAS excited for the season to start.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Split T wrote:

I could see a team like NY taking him into their cap space when they strike out in free agency (or only get Durant to sign). That should not cost us an asset.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Rubio, even without the ability to shoot, is a significantly better player than Cory Joseph. Signing Joseph would be completely useless.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

If we sign Corey Joseph, or don't sign any new PGs at all, this offseason will be a catastrophe.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Joseph is not a better shooter than Tyler Jonson.

It would be in character for the Suns to bury our draft picks behind Johnson / Joseph. We might even hear how it's a good problem for the coach to have.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Shabazz wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:40 pm
Rubio, even without the ability to shoot, is a significantly better player than Cory Joseph. Signing Joseph would be completely useless.
Agreed.

No PG at all would be better than Joseph. I'd rather roll with TJ, Okobo, Jerome.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

It sounds like Gambo thinks the Suns will target Joseph at the beginning of free agency with a contract of 7-9 million per year. He says they also want to use cap space on a PF and SG.

The PFs they’ll be looking at: Thaddeus Young, Mike Scott, Al-Farouq Aminu, and Frank Kaminsky.

SGs they’ll look at are Rodney McGruder and Wayne Ellington (yes, the guy we waived because he didn’t want to be here).

In other words we are trying to waste our cap space in a worse way than the summer of Warrick, Childress, and Turkoglu.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

1 'A' player >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 6 'C+' players.

(I still have the Mike Conley blues)

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

At this point, it won’t surprise me one bit if Gambo is right. After yesterday, it seems clear that James Jones is only interested in garbage players. Can Sarver please fire him 8 days before the season starts?