Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
O_Gardino

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by O_Gardino »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 10:41 am
Who?
He's from K-j***. He must be legit.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 11:59 am
He’s a hockey guy...not sure why he’d have that info
So what I heard was that the Coyotes are looking to sell, and the word they got back was that they weren't the only ones in the market looking to do so. They learned that Sarver was doing it quietly as they had some of the same prospective buyers.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Everything is for sale for the right price. Sarver wouldn't be a business man if he wasn't constantly gauging the value of his franchise.

I'll believe it when I see it, not when it's rumored by a hockey beat writer.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

da_suns_fan wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:09 pm
Indy wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:14 am
da_suns_fan wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:08 am
They really need to change their policy on this.

I understand its still illegal in most places but its really no different than alcohol. He's not hurting anyone.

For the record, Im not a fan and never liked it but who cares?
He was driving while smoking it. So even if it is similar to drinking, you don't do that when driving.
Good point.
So, it turns out he wasn't driving. He was a backseat passenger.
The pair were backseat passengers in a 2015 Cadillac, which was pulled over for the driver not wearing a seatbelt.
http://arizonasports.com/story/1948476/ ... -in-miami/
"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:19 pm
da_suns_fan wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:09 pm
Indy wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:14 am
da_suns_fan wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:08 am
They really need to change their policy on this.

I understand its still illegal in most places but its really no different than alcohol. He's not hurting anyone.

For the record, Im not a fan and never liked it but who cares?
He was driving while smoking it. So even if it is similar to drinking, you don't do that when driving.
Good point.
So, it turns out he wasn't driving. He was a backseat passenger.
The pair were backseat passengers in a 2015 Cadillac, which was pulled over for the driver not wearing a seatbelt.
http://arizonasports.com/story/1948476/ ... -in-miami/
He just needs a limo for that. Let the guy pay his fine and move on.
Last edited by O_Gardino on Thu May 23, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

This might be the first time I hope he is lying.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

One thing I've found to be true of Sarver and the Suns - where there's smoke there's fire.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

How would you feel if the Suns signed Collison and Thad Young, drafting Clarke and bringing back Holmes, Oubre and Bender, and not finding takers for Johnson, Jackson and Warren?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 9:48 am
How would you feel if the Suns signed Collison and Thad Young, drafting Clarke and bringing back Holmes, Oubre and Bender, and not finding takers for Johnson, Jackson and Warren?
Kinda underwhelmed...We’d have way too many 3/4’s with Young, Warren, Clarke, Bridges, Oubre, Bender, Jackson.

I also don’t think we’d be able to get those guys. 10 million won’t be enough to sign Collison and Young. Would you be able to sign one of those guys to the room exception? Basically 5 million a year. I don’t think so.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:09 am
In2ition wrote:
Kinda underwhelmed...We’d have way too many 3/4’s with Young, Warren, Clarke, Bridges, Oubre, Bender, Jackson.

I also don’t think we’d be able to get those guys. 10 million won’t be enough to sign Collison and Young. Would you be able to sign one of those guys to the room exception? Basically 5 million a year. I don’t think so.
You're probably right. They will end up having to give away Warren for nothing I think.

What do you think of this proposal? https://valleyofthesuns.com/2019/05/26/ ... -proposal/

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:14 am
Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:

You're probably right. They will end up having to give away Warren for nothing I think.

What do you think of this proposal? https://valleyofthesuns.com/2019/05/26/ ... -proposal/
It’s not bad. Teague would be an upgrade from what we have had. I think he’s tailing off, but he can run an offense and he’d be an expiring contract. This would take up all our cap space, but then we’d just operate as an over the cap team and have the 9 million mid level exception, which is almost the same as what we’d have cap space wise anyways.

Where it would really benefit is we’d have more pieces for a trade. 2 lotto picks, a future Mil pick combined with salary(Tyler Johnson)

Or you could just keep the picks, sign a stretch 4 with the MLE and draft a future 4 and 1 with the picks.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:

I am not sure why Minny would give up 11 and teague for Warren. I would do it if we could also find a way to turn Tyler and 11 into a starting PF.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:23 am
In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:

I am not sure why Minny would give up 11 and teague for Warren. I would do it if we could also find a way to turn Tyler and 11 into a starting PF.
Can Minny create cap space? This saves them 8 million, but if they’re already over the cap, that doesn’t mean much. Who plays pg for them? Do they bring back Rose? Do they like Jones? I’m not really sure Minny would do it either

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:30 am
Indy wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 10:23 am
In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Can Minny create cap space? This saves them 8 million, but if they’re already over the cap, that doesn’t mean much. Who plays pg for them? Do they bring back Rose? Do they like Jones? I’m not really sure Minny would do it either
I agree with both of you. I'm not sure why Min does it other than cap space and the need for a wing.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

They’re coming...

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

48(!) prospects is quite a number. I don't recall them bringing in so many guys in the past, but I could be misremembering.
Last edited by Flagrant Fowl on Tue May 28, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Be interesting to see who we bring in.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 8:54 pm
48(!) prospects is quite a number. I don't recall them bringing in so many guys in the past, but I could be misremembering.
I just hope that Jones is much better at this than McD ever was.