Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 4710
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by INFORMER » Sat May 11, 2019 4:15 pm

Indy wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:12 am
It would require Ayton to become an outside shooter, though. Or at least a threat in the 33-35% range.
I'm really not in a hurry to see Ayton launching 3s.
Mismanagement. Wasted time. Wasted Opportunities.

User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 4710
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by INFORMER » Sat May 11, 2019 4:17 pm

Split T wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:10 am
Would you guys move Warren for Reggie Jackson?
I get nauseous any time someone mentions acquiring Reggie Jackson.
Mismanagement. Wasted time. Wasted Opportunities.

User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 4710
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by INFORMER » Sat May 11, 2019 4:20 pm

Split T wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:48 am
We’re gonna have to take a flawed player back for Warren.
It doesn't have to be that way. Trade him to Utah for the non-guaranteed deals of Kyle Korver and Raul Neto, plus the #23 pick.
Mismanagement. Wasted time. Wasted Opportunities.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 8285
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by Indy » Sat May 11, 2019 4:37 pm

INFORMER wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:05 pm
wpmiller42 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:57 am
I'm not as down on Rozier as most, but I think I'd rather go hard after Brogdon for that kind of money (assuming we don't get Morant). McConnell would also be a good fill-in till we find a long-term solution.
We're not getting Brogdon for $10 mil/yr. I think it is going to take At least $16 mil/yr to get him away from Milwaukee.
Is he worth that much to us? And what would we have to give up to make that happen? (and still sign Oubre to about the same amount, because you know we are going to do that).

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 6933
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by Split T » Sat May 11, 2019 5:11 pm

Would have to be a sign and trade. Can’t see why Milwaukee would let Brogdon go
Garland
Hunter
Culver

User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 4710
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by INFORMER » Sat May 11, 2019 5:13 pm

Money. I don't know how much they're willing to spend. And they haven't missed a beat while Brogdon has been out. They've already paid Bledsoe; they're going to have to pay Middleton; how much is left for Brogdon?
Mismanagement. Wasted time. Wasted Opportunities.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 6933
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by Split T » Sat May 11, 2019 5:24 pm

INFORMER wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 5:13 pm
Money. I don't know how much they're willing to spend. And they haven't missed a beat while Brogdon has been out. They've already paid Bledsoe; they're going to have to pay Middleton; how much is left for Brogdon?
They’ve got 50 million before they hit the luxury tax
Garland
Hunter
Culver

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 3022
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by specialsauce » Sat May 11, 2019 11:54 pm

Indy wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:37 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:05 pm
wpmiller42 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:57 am
I'm not as down on Rozier as most, but I think I'd rather go hard after Brogdon for that kind of money (assuming we don't get Morant). McConnell would also be a good fill-in till we find a long-term solution.
We're not getting Brogdon for $10 mil/yr. I think it is going to take At least $16 mil/yr to get him away from Milwaukee.
Is he worth that much to us? And what would we have to give up to make that happen? (and still sign Oubre to about the same amount, because you know we are going to do that).
He’s absolutely worth that to us. We could send TJ our somewhere, sign Bronson and then sign Oubre

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 3022
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by specialsauce » Sat May 11, 2019 11:55 pm

INFORMER wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:20 pm
Split T wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:48 am
We’re gonna have to take a flawed player back for Warren.
It doesn't have to be that way. Trade him to Utah for the non-guaranteed deals of Kyle Korver and Raul Neto, plus the #23 pick.
Thank you

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 6933
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by Split T » Sun May 12, 2019 8:23 am

specialsauce wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 11:54 pm
Indy wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:37 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:05 pm
wpmiller42 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:57 am
I'm not as down on Rozier as most, but I think I'd rather go hard after Brogdon for that kind of money (assuming we don't get Morant). McConnell would also be a good fill-in till we find a long-term solution.
We're not getting Brogdon for $10 mil/yr. I think it is going to take At least $16 mil/yr to get him away from Milwaukee.
Is he worth that much to us? And what would we have to give up to make that happen? (and still sign Oubre to about the same amount, because you know we are going to do that).
He’s absolutely worth that to us. We could send TJ our somewhere, sign Bronson and then sign Oubre
I think he’ll get more than that. And Milwaukee would match at 16 million
Garland
Hunter
Culver

User avatar
carey
Posts: 10482
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by carey » Sun May 12, 2019 8:29 am

Split T wrote:
I think he’ll get more than that. And Milwaukee would match at 16 million
We'd be free to sign Mirotic in that case. Though he hasn't looked like the same player since he left New Orleans.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 6933
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by Split T » Sun May 12, 2019 8:50 am

Ya I think Mirotic will be the one they let go
Garland
Hunter
Culver

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 4438
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by ShelC » Mon May 13, 2019 10:08 am

Welp...


User avatar
Wormwood
Posts: 215
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:30 pm

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by Wormwood » Mon May 13, 2019 10:16 am

Not exactly one of those, "I never saw it coming," moments with Jackson. Word coming out of college was that he is a knucklehead, and this is one of those things that rarely get better over time. Honestly, if it pushes the Suns to move on from him, so much the better.

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 3022
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by specialsauce » Mon May 13, 2019 10:24 am

Dumbass. Please package him in a deal.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 5112
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by In2ition » Mon May 13, 2019 10:41 am

This isn't really all that bad. It was just a dumb decision(s). He could have easily, if he used his head, gotten into the VIP section without having to try to sneak in. Seems like a harmless incident, but it does add to the other dumb things he's done. Kind of like his shot selection last year.
"Our Suns are DEAD!!!"

Possibilities at 32:
Isaiah Roby, Darius Bazely, Ty Jerome, Mfiondu Kabengele, Daniel Gafford, Dylan Windler, Chuma Okeke, Carson Edwards, Arturs Zagars

User avatar
Wormwood
Posts: 215
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:30 pm

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by Wormwood » Mon May 13, 2019 10:44 am

In2ition wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:41 am
This isn't really all that bad. It was just a dumb decision(s). He could have easily, if he used his head, gotten into the VIP section without having to try to sneak in. Seems like a harmless incident, but it does add to the other dumb things he's done. Kind of like his shot selection last year.
Dude, he tried to escape WHILE ALREADY HANDCUFFED. Not only is it likely felony escape charges, it's freaking stupid as hell. Like, America's Dumbest Criminals level.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 5112
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by In2ition » Mon May 13, 2019 10:45 am

Wormwood wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:44 am
In2ition wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:41 am
This isn't really all that bad. It was just a dumb decision(s). He could have easily, if he used his head, gotten into the VIP section without having to try to sneak in. Seems like a harmless incident, but it does add to the other dumb things he's done. Kind of like his shot selection last year.
Dude, he tried to escape WHILE ALREADY HANDCUFFED. Not only is it likely felony escape charges, it's freaking stupid as hell. Like, America's Dumbest Criminals level.
C'mon Worm, I know you did the same thing when you were young and dumb, haha.
"Our Suns are DEAD!!!"

Possibilities at 32:
Isaiah Roby, Darius Bazely, Ty Jerome, Mfiondu Kabengele, Daniel Gafford, Dylan Windler, Chuma Okeke, Carson Edwards, Arturs Zagars

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 5112
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by In2ition » Mon May 13, 2019 10:47 am

One of the MANY reasons why McD was rightfully fired... His complete obsession and infatuation with Josh Jackson.
"Our Suns are DEAD!!!"

Possibilities at 32:
Isaiah Roby, Darius Bazely, Ty Jerome, Mfiondu Kabengele, Daniel Gafford, Dylan Windler, Chuma Okeke, Carson Edwards, Arturs Zagars

User avatar
iLLmatic
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:03 pm
Location: Gilbert, Arizona

Re: Suns News: 2019 Off-Season

Post by iLLmatic » Mon May 13, 2019 10:48 am

ShelC wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:08 am
Welp...

Get him out of here.

Post Reply