2019 NBA Playoffs

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Apparently it was Nurse who wanted the TO. Even worse. WOW. How can you not understand as a coach that the other team is one Kawhi basket away from giving up... How can you steal Kawhi his momentum...

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Also, taking Ibaka away when he was everywhere. Costly.

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

KD have a achilles injury. Brutal.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya, they’re doing an MRI tomorrow to see if it’s a complete rupture. I’m pretty sure the Achilles’ tendon almost always completely ruptured, rarely have a partial one there.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:24 pm
Durant playing and now Warriors are 1 point favorites.
Sounds about right.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Does Durant pick up his player option now? Or does someone still give him the full max, knowing he won’t play year 1

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:58 pm
Does Durant pick up his player option now? Or does someone still give him the full max, knowing he won’t play year 1
I bet he still gets the max. But now he probably takes more years than just 1+1.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Glad the Warriors won, partly because I just want there to be more playoff basketball. But oof, that injury. Heartbreaking. Who knows if Durant will ever be the same? He'll probably miss all of next season and be less than 100% the season after that. I hate to see an injury like that.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

People like to shit all over Durant for the meaningless things he says, but the guy is one of the best players ever. That alone is upsetting that we're not going to have a chance to see him play again for at least a year.

He's still young enough and has the type of game that will not be significantly hindered by this injury in the long term. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him win another MVP award someday.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:04 am
People like to shit all over Durant for the meaningless things he says, but the guy is one of the best players ever. That alone is upsetting that we're not going to have a chance to see him play again for at least a year.

He's still young enough and has the type of game that will not be significantly hindered by this injury in the long term. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him win another MVP award someday.
He is two years older than Cousins.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Well, obviously he won't opt out next year.

Hopefully he'll be able to play sometime next season, and will play well. You hate to see anybody suffer a career-threatening injury.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

If I remember correctly, I think Dominique Wilkins has made the most statistically full recovery from an ACL injury.

Indy

Post by Indy »

The Bobster wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:42 am

Hopefully he'll be able to play sometime next season, and will play well. You hate to see anybody suffer a career-threatening injury.
Have we heard the extent of the injury? If it is just a tear (especially a minor one), I still see him opting out.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:27 am
The Bobster wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:42 am

Have we heard the extent of the injury? If it is just a tear (especially a minor one), I still see him opting out.
Haven’t heard the extent, but I don’t think achilles ever just partially tear. They completely rupture or they don’t go at all. At least it’s pretty rare, every Achilles injury I’ve heard of has been a full rupture.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Would the warriors resign him now? They’d have to pay crazy amounts of luxury tax to watch him rehab and then hope he comes back strong in 2020. Although, maybe that’s the price they deserve for pushing him out to play before he was ready.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Do we know if he was pressured by the team, mgmt, or the players to play? Or was it that he wanted to and refused to be sat? I think Bob took full blame though.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

No one’s said anything...but this feels like his Achilles was compromised from the first injury. What are the chances KD has a calf strain with no impact to the Achilles and then ruptures the Achilles on the same leg 12 minutes into his first game? If the Achilles is compromised, I’m not sure how the medical staff allows him to play.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:38 am
If I remember correctly, I think Dominique Wilkins has made the most statistically full recovery from an ACL injury.
I don't mean to nitpick, but you mean Achilles tendon, which is not the same as an ACL. An ACL is the anterior cruciate ligament which is part of the knee. The Achilles tendon is on the back of the player's heel.

ACL:

Achilles tendon:

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:54 am
No one’s said anything...but this feels like his Achilles was compromised from the first injury. What are the chances KD has a calf strain with no impact to the Achilles and then ruptures the Achilles on the same leg 12 minutes into his first game? If the Achilles is compromised, I’m not sure how the medical staff allows him to play.
I thought his first injury looked like an Achilles tear. But they said it was his calf muscle, and I don't think they would lie. But the two are so close to each other, the injuries are probably related. His injured calf couldn't absorb the shock on his legs as he ran and jumped and landed, and that put more strain on his Achilles tendon, which gave out. It was probably weakened from his many years playing 80-100 games of pro basketball every year.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:03 pm
Split T wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:54 am
I thought his first injury looked like an Achilles tear. But they said it was his calf muscle, and I don't think they would lie. But the two are so close to each other, the injuries are probably related. His injured calf couldn't absorb the shock on his legs as he ran and jumped and landed, and that put more strain on his Achilles tendon, which gave out. It was probably weakened from his many years playing 80-100 games of pro basketball every year.
Ya, a lot of people thought the first was an Achilles injury because of how low KD was grabbing down his leg. The Achilles tendon connects to the calf muscles and perhaps the first injury was a calf strain, just low enough down the calf that it involved the tendon.