2019 NBA Playoffs

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

2019 NBA Playoffs

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:00 pm
Welp, Bucks just got destroyed by the Celtics in game 1 in Milwaukee. No surprise there. We all knew an Eric Bledsoe led team wouldn’t go far.
This comment might not age well. I still think the bucks are the better team and my favorite to come out of the east. And with Bledsoe, it was never that he wasn’t a good player, he was just not a good #1 guy. He’s a clear #3 guy in Milwaukee, which is much more appropriate for his skills. He was very good for them this year.

Flagrant Fowl

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs First Round

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:37 pm
Superbone wrote:
Welp, Bucks just got destroyed by the Celtics in game 1 in Milwaukee. No surprise there. We all knew an Eric Bledsoe led team wouldn’t go far.
This comment might not age well. I still think the bucks are the better team and my favorite to come out of the east. And with Bledsoe, it was never that he wasn’t a good player, he was just not a good #1 guy. He’s a clear #3 guy in Milwaukee, which is much more appropriate for his skills. He was very good for them this year.
You keep saying this and you're not wrong, he was great for my fantasy team for most of the season. The problem is that this is crunch time, and he has historically turtled when under the brightest lights.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Brogdon is their #3 guy, but he's out.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:20 pm
Split T wrote:
Superbone wrote:
You keep saying this and you're not wrong, he was great for my fantasy team for most of the season. The problem is that this is crunch time, and he has historically turtled when under the brightest lights.
He’s hardly ever been under the bright lights. You’re right that he struggled last year against the Celtics in the playoffs, but he’s been very good this year in the playoffs so far.

Split T

Post by Split T »

O_Gardino wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:32 pm
Split T wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Brogdon is their #3 guy, but he's out.
Perhaps, but like you said, he’s not playing. That makes Bledsoe #3

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I had cable outage and wasn't able to see the Bucks/Celtics game (nor part of Warriors/Rockets, grr). What happened? Looks like the Celts just killed them.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Mike D, you don't put Nene in when he can be exploited by Curry. Refs were more than questionable, though. It's incredible what the Warriors get away with, it reminds me so much of the Spurs vs Nash.

I hope Durant leaves. Let's gather the infinity stones and prevent the '16 cap spike.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

I will NEVER feel bad for the Rockets not getting foul calls. Some of them were, some of them weren't. Maybe Harden should focus on making the shot instead of jumping forward 3ft.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Hermen wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:14 am
I will NEVER feel bad for the Rockets not getting foul calls. Some of them were, some of them weren't. Maybe Harden should focus on making the shot instead of jumping forward 3ft.
This is true, but there was a whole game before that action.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:19 am
Hermen wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:14 am
This is true, but there was a whole game before that action.
Sure, and he's doing it for the whole game. Some close outs should have been called fouls, but when players are faking it all the time, they are just making it hard for the refs. If the defender moves forward one foot but the shooter lands three feet ahead of where he jumped from, should that be called a foul? And it's not like there weren't any calls in Houston's favor.

The main problem of course is that Houston would probably still be getting all the calls if it weren't GSW on the other side...

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I hate to have to stand up for Harden when it comes to drawing fouls, but those uncalled in the first half were pretty bad. Those were clear fouls and the refs consistently called them all season. However, his last 3-point attempt was not a foul. The defender maintained his own verticality enough and Harden jumped forward in an unnatural way in an attempt to draw the whistle.

I'm betting on the Rockets to win game two. Sometimes the NBA is just too predictable.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

NBA fouls are screaming for a machine learning algorithm that is fair and free of referee bias. Someone should start the company and embarrass the NBA until they are bought out.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

The NBA has become a "shoot the ball and fall down" league.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:05 am
The NBA has become a "shoot the ball and fall down" league.
Yeah, not a good look.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Imagine how much wasted energy it takes for them to fall down and have to jump up off the floor to run down on defense after every play.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

As I watch Mason Plumlee have some success with Denver, I wonder what happened to Miles Plumlee. He had a really nice run with the Suns during our lost phxsuns.net year. Haven’t heard much from him since.
"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:46 pm
As I watch Mason Plumlee have some success with Denver8-) , I wonder what happened to Miles Plumlee. He had a really nice run with the Suns during our lost phxsuns.net year. Haven’t heard much from him since.
Remember Miles was sent to MIL in the 2014-15 PG trade extravaganzza? He was lucky to become a FA in 2016, the summer of the cap spike, so he landed an absurd $12.5M per contract from MIL.

After that he has done basically nothing and currently is just salary filler (CHA, ATL) before he expires after 19-20.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:54 am
Superbone wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:46 pm
As I watch Mason Plumlee have some success with Denver8-) , I wonder what happened to Miles Plumlee. He had a really nice run with the Suns during our lost phxsuns.net year. Haven’t heard much from him since.
Remember Miles was sent to MIL in the 2014-15 PG trade extravaganzza? He was lucky to become a FA in 2016, the summer of the cap spike, so he landed an absurd $12.5M per contract from MIL.

After that he has done basically nothing and currently is just salary filler (CHA, ATL) before he expires after 19-20.
That's what I'm saying, he fell off the map playing-wise. He played very well for us for a stretch.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Milwaukee with a big response tonight. 28-2 run in the 3rd Q

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I enjoyed last night's games. I really want to see Milwaukee in the ECF so I'm glad they had a big win. And I think last night felt like Houston giving it their best and it still wasn't enough. Golden State just looks dominant to me. Maybe Houston will have a better showing at home, but my guess is the teams come back to Oakland with the Warriors up 3-1 ready to close it out in Game 5.