2019 NBA Draft Lottery

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: 2019 NBA Draft Lottery

Post by Shabazz »

I'd trade it for Lonzo.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

ShelC wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:25 am
Jones is dumb if he has a shot at Conley and passes because of his age. If Sarver doesn't want to pay the contract, that's a different story. But Conley checks all the boxes.
I think Conley helps this team more than Kyrie does. At the end of the day, though, it is all a matter of how much is Memphis asking price. And honestly, after the way the botched trade went down during the season, I'm not too optimistic that they'll be reasonable trade partners.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:32 am
Indy wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:12 am
Thanks guys--I was just curious how Oubre would be sold on re-signing here only to come off the bench. And do we want to pay our 6th man 15M/year? That is what we think it will take to keep him, right?

All that said, I agree that Dedmon would be a good target. Is he going to command more than 12M/3 years?
Oubre's situation makes me unconfortable
Agreed. He was so mediocre in Washington, but he showed promise here. But everyone's standards are watered down, and I feel you can't ignore how often Oubre delivered high volume, low percentage performances.

$15 mil/yr is about the highest I'm comfortable with. I would love $13 mil/yr.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:43 am
Indy wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:28 am
I would be extremely happy with our off season if we find a way to keep #6, sign Dedmond and Collison for 10M/year each for 3-4 years, and Oubre for 12/3. We would have to export TJ^2 and please don't trade Josh if you are taking a beating/giving up resources to do it.
Could the Suns trade Warren to Atl for #10?
I don't think you're getting a lotto pick for Warren.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:26 pm
I'd happily spend $30M on Conley for these next two years. He's got a game that will age nicely. He's a good defender. He can play on and off the ball. And I honestly think he can turn us into a borderline playoff team. That's worth the extra cost. I'd also give up #6 for him in a trade if that's what it took. Breaking the cycle of losing is more important to the franchise than another asset that needs development.
Conley would be a really good fit, but there is a lot of desperation and panic in this take. Which I get to a certain extent, because of the how awful the Suns have been.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Split T wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:40 am
ShelC wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:25 am
Jones is dumb if he has a shot at Conley and passes because of his age. If Sarver doesn't want to pay the contract, that's a different story. But Conley checks all the boxes.
He doesn’t check the prime matches up with our core box.

I think Conley is good, I’d welcome him on the team, but I wouldn’t move #6 for him. He’s a stop gap pg for us. We’d need to find a new one in 2 years. Just go sign Collison.

Now if it’s warren/Tyler/Mil pick? Sure, I could get behind that. Then draft Garland and let Conley teach him how to play point.
A top 10 pg for 2 years is terrific. Thats 2 years of being competitive and playing for an 8th seed. Okobo has a better chance to thrive behind a player like Conley. The problem with the Suns rebuild is that Sarver and the front office pass on making player moves which would make for modest improvement— all the while holding out for the perfect deal to turn them into a championship. Remember when it was all about signing a star player each offseason? Nobody wants to come here. Once you make the team competitive with quality players, then free agents will come knocking.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:20 pm
carey wrote: I'm not ok sending 6 for Ball. I wonder if we throw dumb money at Brogdon if they'd take their pick back plus one of TJ/JJ for the right not to pay him.
Like... I'd rather pay Brogdon $20M/yr and roll out Brogdon-Booker-Oubre-?-Ayton than pay Conley $33M and not have the 6. Then you could take Cam or Clarke or even Culver.
Agreed.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:04 pm
Split T wrote:
Brogdon would be my dream scenario. I’m not a big ball fan, but I wouldn’t mind taking a shot on him if it doesn’t cost a ton.
I'm not ok sending 6 for Ball.
I love Ball's talent, but you can't trust him. Between LaVar and the injuries, I just don't have the appetite to make a move for him. And ultimately, the Suns don't have a chance at getting him unless New Orleans trades with the Lakers and doesn't want him. And I'm not sure New Orleans will ever deal Anthony Davis to the Lakers.

And the Suns don't have anything the Lakers want if the Suns dealt with them directly. Ball is only being moved for a star.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:18 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:26 pm
I'd happily spend $30M on Conley for these next two years. He's got a game that will age nicely. He's a good defender. He can play on and off the ball. And I honestly think he can turn us into a borderline playoff team. That's worth the extra cost. I'd also give up #6 for him in a trade if that's what it took. Breaking the cycle of losing is more important to the franchise than another asset that needs development.
Conley would be a really good fit, but there is a lot of desperation and panic in this take. Which I get to a certain extent, because of the how awful the Suns have been.
"Desperation and panic" is a little strong. "Urgency" would be more apt. The team needs to be competitive this season. They just do. I'm not advocating trading for a mediocre player. Conley's a borderline all-star in the West and a surefire all-star if he played in the East. I'm also not advocating we mortgage our future. We'd still have Booker, Ayton, Bridges, Melton, all of our future picks, the Milwaukee pick and one of TJ or JJ. What are the odds the #6 pick in this weak draft turns in to a borderline all-star within the next 4 years? 5% chance? Now factor in our inability to draft well or develop players.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I just can't see it as Conley or bust. I think we'll be just fine if we stay in the draft, trade TJ and Josh, and go hunting in free agency. You have to remember that we got next to nothing from the 1 and 4 spots. It's not going to be hard to improve if you address both of those spots with solid, productive, reliable players.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:47 pm
I just can't see it as Conley or bust. I think we'll be just fine if we stay in the draft, trade TJ and Josh, and go hunting in free agency. You have to remember that we got next to nothing from the 1 and 4 spots. It's not going to be hard to improve if you address both of those spots with solid, productive, reliable players.
It's not Conley or bust for me but he's my primary target.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:23 pm
carey wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:04 pm
Split T wrote:
Brogdon would be my dream scenario. I’m not a big ball fan, but I wouldn’t mind taking a shot on him if it doesn’t cost a ton.
I'm not ok sending 6 for Ball.
I love Ball's talent, but you can't trust him. Between LaVar and the injuries, I just don't have the appetite to make a move for him. And ultimately, the Suns don't have a chance at getting him unless New Orleans trades with the Lakers and doesn't want him. And I'm not sure New Orleans will ever deal Anthony Davis to the Lakers.

And the Suns don't have anything the Lakers want if the Suns dealt with them directly. Ball is only being moved for a star.
There are a couple more scenarios where he possibly becomes available. If Kyrie were to sign with the Lakers, he's expendable. If the Lakers are the one's that offered Garland, then he could become expendable too. Are any of these scenarios likely? I doubt it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:15 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:43 am
Indy wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:28 am
I would be extremely happy with our off season if we find a way to keep #6, sign Dedmond and Collison for 10M/year each for 3-4 years, and Oubre for 12/3. We would have to export TJ^2 and please don't trade Josh if you are taking a beating/giving up resources to do it.
Could the Suns trade Warren to Atl for #10?
I don't think you're getting a lotto pick for Warren.
You're probably right, but with this draft and possibly that Atl doesn't want 2 lottery picks this year and would be willing to take one down the line, I was curious. I would think Warren might do really well in Atl with Young finding him.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
See, now this is a reasonable post that makes sense versus Wormwood's the sky is falling and there is no hope.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:14 am
INFORMER wrote:
See, now this is a reasonable post that makes sense versus Wormwood's the sky is falling and there is no hope.
People on here regularly bash INF for being pessimistic, but he is usually in the middle-ground between "sky is falling" posters and "pie in the sky" posters.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:23 am
Superbone wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:14 am
INFORMER wrote:
People on here regularly bash INF for being pessimistic, but he is usually in the middle-ground between "sky is falling" posters and "pie in the sky" posters.
Yes, I'm the "pie in the sky" poster and Worm is the "Chicken Little, the sky is falling", definitely INF is usually middle of the ground. I totally agree with this.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I really want some pie now.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."