Around the League: The Off-season

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Around the League: The Off-season

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:03 pm
S A R V E R

It is not complicated guys
Which is exactly why I said the following after first reading Gortat’s comments:

“Let's hope Sarver really has learned his lesson by bringing in Jones and Williams and letting go of the reigns because what Gortat said fits our past like a glove.“
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

I know. but it seemed like it was going on for 10 more posts about it. It was driving me crazy. sorry.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:50 pm
I know. but it seemed like it was going on for 10 more posts about it. It was driving me crazy. sorry.
Heh, no worries. :D
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Ex-Suns players are going to s#!t on the Suns as long as Sarver is the owner. We're just going to have to wait for him to go broke and sell.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Even Donald Sterling got some rest from basically the entire league bad mouthing him, when Lob City got unleashed. Wining cures it all.

Not defending Sarver at all, but we are an easy target right now for any high profiled figure or those attention seekers willing to stir the pot and grab some headlines with some “Hot Take” or “Keep it real” kind of comments. if we hit gold this season, you’ll see the headlines morphing into lots of turnaround histories, Monty’s whispering gifts and such. The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:29 pm
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns.
Brilliant.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

There are rumors around Indiana that there are chemistry issues between Turner and Sabonis. They play the same position and both want the primary/starting role.

I wish we could try for a trade for Sabonis. I like Saric, but Sabonis is my dream PF who we should have drafted instead of Chriss some years ago. I think he'd be great here. We probably won't go after him and don't have the right pieces for that trade, but a guy can dream, right?

Split T

Post by Split T »

The issue Indiana has is they are both really 5’s. Sabonis is a good player, but he’s not a 4, he’s a 5 and we’d have issues playing him and Ayton together.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Yea I've seen the talk about Sabonis and even some connecting him here but I don't think it's a fit. I really like Sabonis and have been a fan going back to college but he's a tough player to build around IMO and putting him at the 4 next to Ayton wouldn't help us. It might even set us back.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Pips

Post by Pips »

Suns put Gortat on scene, he is done now so he fart.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:40 am
There are rumors around Indiana that there are chemistry issues between Turner and Sabonis. They play the same position and both want the primary/starting role.

I wish we could try for a trade for Sabonis. I like Saric, but Sabonis is my dream PF who we should have drafted instead of Chriss some years ago. I think he'd be great here. We probably won't go after him and don't have the right pieces for that trade, but a guy can dream, right?
Bender and Sabonis were my choices that year, swing for the fences with a project and grab a consolidated prospect. Not sure about fit, but our rotation would be set with him on board. Would you guys offer Bridges straight up for him?

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

No way, Mikal stays here. Sabonis doesn't do much for me. I don't think he is a game changer.
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:47 am
The issue Indiana has is they are both really 5’s. Sabonis is a good player, but he’s not a 4, he’s a 5 and we’d have issues playing him and Ayton together.
There's a lot going on with this. Apparently Sabonis has told them that he wants to be traded because he doesn't want to come off of the bench anymore, which makes sense because he's up for a new contract soon. Based on recent history, Indiana doesn't want to pay both he and Turner because they're obviously not great together on the court.

I like Sabonis, but I don't know about him as a starting Center in the league.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

That's A LOT of money for Jaylen Brown.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

What are the current CBA rules about trading these guys on these extensions? They can still be traded, right? Their re-signing doesn't necessarily mean they're dead set on staying on their current teams?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Pistons just waived Joe Johnson. Savage. Cmon home, Joe!

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/pist ... er-report/

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow. That's a big deal about Zion. Poor Pelicans. (Stein also got his last name wrong!)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:59 pm
Pistons just waived Joe Johnson. Savage. Cmon home, Joe!

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/pist ... er-report/
LOL, right on cue:

"The Phoenix Suns should re-sign Joe Johnson for one-year. by Adam Maynes 1 month ago Follow @Adam4america"

https://valleyofthesuns.com/2019/09/02/ ... -one-year/