Around the League: The Off-season

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Around the League: The Off-season

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:05 pm
I’d rather put a raffle out each night and have a lucky fan run the point than CP3
:lol: Not sure how I feel about him at this point. I don’t like that everywhere he goes he has personality conflicts. OTOH, he’s a great PG.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:23 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:50 am
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:47 am
jonh wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:03 am
carey wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:52 am
Conley to Utah according to Shams.
Sounds like a reasonable deal the Suns could have matched.
Sigh. We just stand pat and watch every other team aggressively improve their roster
James sits back and says, "I will not be pressured. Patience...."
We’ve been hearing for a long time that we wouldn’t pursue Conley and yet you are all disappointed?
I need to see some activity. I need to hear them going after Brogdon, Conley, DLo, Randle, someone who will actually lift this team’s ceiling. Cory Joseph is not moving the needle.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:31 pm
specialsauce wrote:
I’d rather put a raffle out each night and have a lucky fan run the point than CP3
:lol: Not sure how I feel about him at this point. I don’t like that everywhere he goes he has personality conflicts. OTOH, he's a great PG.
I think those days are over. He's probably a slightly above average starter, but he's not an all-star and can't be your second best player if you have aspirations of getting past the first round.

I'd stomach him if his contract was 50% less because I'm desperate. That's not gonna happen, though. Hard pass.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
:lol: Not sure how I feel about him at this point. I don’t like that everywhere he goes he has personality conflicts. OTOH, he’s a great PG.
Great regular season PG, doesn't get it done in the playoffs.

Regular season: 64%
Playoffs: 49%

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:36 pm
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
jonh wrote:

Sigh. We just stand pat and watch every other team aggressively improve their roster
We’ve been hearing for a long time that we wouldn’t pursue Conley and yet you are all disappointed?
I need to see some activity. I need to hear them going after Brogdon, Conley, DLo, Randle, someone who will actually lift this team’s ceiling. Cory Joseph is not moving the needle.
The new regime has held their cards very close to their vests. Let’s see what they do before we crucify them. And you know what they say about activity for activity’s sake.
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:27 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:04 pm
Indy wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:58 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:56 pm
O_Gardino wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:55 pm
As others have said, I think they were looking to move Conley to a good team.
Conley would make us a good team.
?? Is Conley the difference between 19 wins and 55? (Serious question--as I am not sure how much better this team would be because we have been beat down so much the last 5 years)
No - but I don't think we were as bad as our 19 wins indicated (let's say 25 wins with a fully healthy roster). I could see him taking us from 25 to 34. We'd also still have the 6th pick and other pieces to make moves.
That’s not good enough. Conley wants to go to the playoffs.
It's also not up to him. Memphis may get his input on where he'd like to go, but they'll listen to a point. And Jones and Monty should be able to sell their vision to him.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:40 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

The new regime has held their cards very close to their vests. Let’s see what they do before we crucify them.
I’m worried the other side of the card is a big question mark. Hope they prove us wrong.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:39 pm
Superbone wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Great regular season PG, doesn't get it done in the playoffs.

Regular season: 64%
Playoffs: 49%
Well, first we have to get to the playoffs before we worry about that but point taken.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:41 pm
Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:40 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:

The new regime has held their cards very close to their vests. Let’s see what they do before we crucify them.
I’m worried the other side of the card is a big question mark. Hope they prove us wrong.
Me too! I don’t think I can stand another disappointing off-season.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

2nd Round? Who's expecting the 2nd round next season? I would love to actually see the playoffs, haha.

This is how you reach for a PG in a draft that isn't very good. You take a guy that wouldn't even get picked at 20 as a PG next year. That's how you continually suck every year, make bad plans, tank thinking you are going to get Zion, only to drop 3 places and are stuck with the 6th pick as a 19 win team. Go ahead and stick to Tyler being the starter with 2 other PGs that are probably better than White as the 3rd and 4th options, when you don't have a PF on the roster. That's also how you continue to suck.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:11 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:09 pm
CP3 has 4 years 160 million left. That’s a big no from me
So what?
Not sure if you’re serious, but paying 40+ million a year to a deteriorating pg in his mid 30’s, who would have no interest playing on our team is not smart. Not to mention I just don’t like him, haha

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't hate Chris Paul as a player as much as some here seem to. But I really hate his contract. Too many years, too much money, too old, too injury-prone. And I don't think he would give maximum effort on such a young and rebuilding team as ours. I don't think he would want to be here and would embrace playing for the Suns. If he were making, say, $25m for 3 years, and if he had an active interest in coming here and helping bring up our young team, I'd be much more interested. As it is, I would much rather pursue other avenues for filling our PG position.

... Besides, I really want to see the inevitable push to get him to the Lakers and help ruin that franchise for a decade to come.

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Superbone wrote:
In2ition wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
jonh wrote:

There has been talk about Dlo, just a response from Gambo saying they can't afford it. Not worth listening to Gambo 95% of the time.

Also, I am not sure they want to put it out there if they were going hard after a RFA like Brogdon. You want to surprise people with it. (Although I doubt they do it...)

Split T

Post by Split T »

It’s just pointless to even go after Brogdon...the chances Milwaukee lets him go is microscopic

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:47 pm
I don't hate Chris Paul as a player as much as some here seem to. But I really hate his contract. Too many years, too much money, too old, too injury-prone. And I don't think he would give maximum effort on such a young and rebuilding team as ours. I don't think he would want to be here and would embrace playing for the Suns. If he were making, say, $25m for 3 years, and if he had an active interest in coming here and helping bring up our young team, I'd be much more interested. As it is, I would much rather pursue other avenues for filling our PG position.

... Besides, I really want to see the inevitable push to get him to the Lakers and help ruin that franchise for a decade to come.
I totally understand everyone's point. You don't like him. I get it. He's still good and he doesn't have a choice as to where he wants to play. He's stuck. No one is going to trade for him. He's still good and probably will be Top 10 PG good for the rest of his career. His contract sucks, but what are the Suns going to do with that money? Let me be clear, this isn't my 1st option. It's down the list, but the options available are dwindling. I would like them to clear out TJ and Josh, but Josh is making that nearly impossible, unless we attach a 1st to him. My first option would be to get DLo, draft Clarke and sign Vonleh. I just don't know how that's going to happen.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Conley is the only option that is no longer available. Let’s be patient, their are options before Chris Paul

Indy

Post by Indy »

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Would you trade Johnson or Warren for Dennis Schroder?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

carey

Post by carey »

Paul has 2 years and a player option 3rd yr left which if stuck on our roster he probably declines. I'm not saying I'm for it but let's at least debate it accurately.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:27 pm
Paul has 2 years and a player option 3rd yr left which if stuck on our roster he probably declines. I'm not saying I'm for it but let's at least debate it accurately.
37 year old Chris Paul isn't turning down 44 million dollars for playing 18 minutes a night for 52 games.