Whom to pick at 6

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

Assuming we keep the pick, who do you want at 6?

Jarrett Culver
24%
Darius Garland
16%
Deandre Hunter
3%
Coby White
5%
Cam Reddish
3%
Brandon Clarke
22%
Nassir Little
No votes
Nickeil Alexander-Walker
No votes
PJ Washington
No votes
Goga Bitadze
3%
The Suns are idiots if they keep this pick
24%

Total votes: 37

Split T

Whom to pick at 6

Post by Split T »

Assuming Zion, Ja, and RJ are gone, who do you like? I haven’t seen much of a consensus and am curious who would be the favorite.

wpmiller42

Re: Who to pick at 6

Post by wpmiller42 »

I go back and forth between Hunter and Clarke. I like Clarke's offensive play better than Hunter; but I like Hunter's defensive play better than Clarke. So I picked Hunter today just because I think he and Bridges could be a really nice defensive duo. But I would be happy with either at 6.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:27 am
I go back and forth between Hunter and Clarke. I like Clarke's offensive play better than Hunter; but I like Hunter's defensive play better than Clarke. So I picked Hunter today just because I think he and Bridges could be a really nice defensive duo. But I would be happy with either at 6.
Interesting. I would have said the opposite. I think Clarke is more versatile/switchable on defense and his fit between Ayton and Bridges is damn near perfect defensively. In fact, he's better at about everything with a slight advantage maybe being on the ball defense to Hunter.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

I feel like the most likely scenario has Garland and Culver going 4 and 5, so we’d be picking between Hunter, Clarke, White, and Reddish. I like Clarke the best as a player amongst those 4, but I do worry about him long term if he doesn’t develop a shot. Hunter feels like a pretty safe pick and seems like he’ll shoot. White I don’t like and I’m afraid he’s the pick. I wouldn’t pick Reddish, but I could talk myself into being excited about his potential.

I really just hope Garland or Culver drop to 6.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

What do you think of this guy?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

That's a smooth looking shot.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Regarding Doumbouya, that first release was a little slow for my liking and I think it will get blocked at the next level but after that the speed improved greatly. ;)

Based on that video, he should go #1. The guy doesn't miss! :P
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

1. Trade the pick.
2. Culver even tho i think he’s a project.
3. White. Even more of a project but I still prefer him to Cam, Clarke or Hunter.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

I haven’t really spent a lot of time on Doumbouya...he just seems like a big project and I can’t see Jones going for that. I’ve heard positive things recently and I probably should have included him in the poll...he could be a workout riser. Could potentially be a good fit in theory, but I just have no clue what he’s going to be.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:02 pm
I haven’t really spent a lot of time on Doumbouya...he just seems like a big project and I can’t see Jones going for that. I’ve heard positive things recently and I probably should have included him in the poll...he could be a workout riser. Could potentially be a good fit in theory, but I just have no clue what he’s going to be.
Unlike Bender, he actually gets minutes and produces in Europe.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:09 pm
Split T wrote:
Unlike Bender, he actually gets minutes and produces in Europe.

I’m not saying don’t pick him...on paper he sounds very intriguing. Athletic combo forward with enough skills to play on the perimeter and enough size to defend the 4. He’s just young and less of a known commodity. I’m sure the suns are more informed on him than me...hopefully they won’t be gun shy if he is the best prospect.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I'd be fine with Doumbouya, though clearly that would be a high risk pick. His recent 30-point game does more for me than him shooting in the gym.

I have favored Clarke since the lottery, but I would also consider Bol Bol, Nickeil Alexander Williams, Sekou Doumbouya, DeAndre Hunter, and Jarrett Culver.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

Trade the pick for a solid veteran PG...
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Democritus wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:59 pm
Bingo. Or PF.

Package with Meth for the right PG/PF, and use he rest of our cap space on the other position of need to round out the roster.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Democritus wrote:
Do you have someone in mind?

It’s easy to say this, but much more difficult to pull off.

Everyone is either not available or not worth the #6 pick.

Dinwiddie? He’s the only one who seems somewhat available that would still be worth #6

carey

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:
Democritus wrote:

Dinwiddie? He’s the only one who seems somewhat available that would still be worth #6
Simmons has a pod out today saying S&T for DAR makes too much sense not to happen.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

carey wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:46 pm
Split T wrote:
Democritus wrote:

Simmons has a pod out today saying S&T for DAR makes too much sense not to happen.
How does it work financially? We’d have to return salary and Brooklyn can’t take any back to maintain their 2 max salary space.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Split T wrote:
Another Bender.

carey

Post by carey »

Split T wrote: How does it work financially? We’d have to return salary and Brooklyn can’t take any back to maintain their 2 max salary space.
I believe he was talking about moving DAR if Kyrie signs there since it’s an awful pairing (not that he works much better with Booker but alas.) I don’t think he was talking about how to open up two max slots. It was more about how to get the #6 to include in a potential AD package.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:19 pm
Democritus wrote:

This. I keep hearing that we need to trade the pick because in this draft the 6th pick sucks. But I guess we are the only ones that know that, and the rest of the league thinks this draft is great, and the #6 is worth a good starting, productive player at the PF or PG spot. I don't get it.