Whom to pick at 6

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

Assuming we keep the pick, who do you want at 6?

Jarrett Culver
24%
Darius Garland
16%
Deandre Hunter
3%
Coby White
5%
Cam Reddish
3%
Brandon Clarke
22%
Nassir Little
No votes
Nickeil Alexander-Walker
No votes
PJ Washington
No votes
Goga Bitadze
3%
The Suns are idiots if they keep this pick
24%

Total votes: 37

specialsauce

Re: Who to pick at 6

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:52 am
So who do we think the suns will take? Board is pretty split with about 25% each wanting (Culver, Clarke, Garland, or a trade)

I honestly have no idea what we’re going to do, but if I had to guess, I feel like we end up with Coby White
I’m still all about trading the pick.

If we have a target on a Pg in FA and are set on 6, then I’d like us to take Hunter or Culver.

If we’re set on a PG in draft (big mistake), Id go Garland.

Really not interested in Clarke unless we pick up another pick and take him later.

Indy

Post by Indy »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:53 am
Split T wrote:
So who do we think the suns will take? Board is pretty split with about 25% each wanting (Culver, Clarke, Garland, or a trade)

I honestly have no idea what we’re going to do, but if I had to guess, I feel like we end up with Coby White

If we have a target on a Pg in FA and are set on 6, then I’d like us to take Hunter or Culver.

Really not interested in Clarke unless we pick up another pick and take him later.
How high would you take Clarke?

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’d give Minny 6 for 11 and a top 10 protected pick next year. Then draft Clarke at 11

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:55 am
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:

I just wouldn’t take him with our first pick, that’s all. I see him as a huge risk next to Ayton, so I’d be fine taking him with an extra asset we picked up in a TJ trade or otherwise. Low risk, high reward there. We just have too many other needs and I don’t want to rely on him to fill any. I’d rather have him on the end of the bench and force him to develop his way into the rotation.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:58 am
I’d give Minny 6 for 11 and a top 10 protected pick next year. Then draft Clarke at 11
id do that

Indy

Post by Indy »

got it. yeah I don't think I would be happy if we went into the season with Clarke as our starting PF (especially if he knew that going into camp). And if we trade TJ for Lee, that is exactly what we would be saying. Unless they plan to start Oubre at 4. bleh

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

My random prediction is that Garland is the guy who falls way farther than expected tonight. Everybody has him penciled in the 3-5 range. I wouldn't be surprised if he is drafted closer to #10 just because every team has some other guy they like a little more.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It sounds like Atl wants to move up. Give me 8 & 10 for 6. I would do that, haha
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:32 pm
It sounds like Atl wants to move up. Give me 8 & 10 for 6. I would do that, haha
I'd do 8 and 17. Nab Clarke and one other mid-first-round prospect.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:54 pm
My random prediction is that Garland is the guy who falls way farther than expected tonight. Everybody has him penciled in the 3-5 range. I wouldn't be surprised if he is drafted closer to #10 just because every team has some other guy they like a little more.
I only disagree because I'll be shocked if there isn't at least one trade involving a pick in the 3-10 range, and most of the teams looking to move up seem to be targeting Garland. I don't think he falls past Chicago at #7.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I agree with a lot of what Jacob says in this Twitter thread.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:40 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:32 pm
I'd do 8 and 17. Nab Clarke and one other mid-first-round prospect.
Clarke and Ty Jerome, thanks.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:54 pm
I think there is zero chance he falls past Chicago at 7. Who would Chicago like more? In fact I think the top 7 picks are pretty set. Maybe someone gets a little crazy and goes after Reddish in the top 7, but I doubt it.

Zion, Ja, RJ are 1,2,3

Think most likely scenario has someone trading up to 4 for Garland. I think it’ll be Chicago. Then Culver goes 5..either to Cleveland or Atlanta trading up. We go White. Pelicans go Hunter.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:42 pm

I certainly agree with that top post.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:55 am
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:

I really like Clarke; if we were to "reach" for him at 6, I wouldn't be really upset about it. I would be annoyed because I think the general media consensus is that he could be had later, and if we had to resort to picking him at 6 it might indicate that we weren't aggressive enough in trading down. But I think Clarke is being undervalued in general.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:53 pm
I really like Clarke; if we were to "reach" for him at 6, I wouldn't be really upset about it. I would be annoyed because I think the general media consensus is that he could be had later, and if we had to resort to picking him at 6 it might indicate that we weren't aggressive enough in trading down. But I think Clarke is being undervalued in general.
It just feels like we would have to be able to trade back to 8 or 9 and pick Clarke there while getting some kind of asset, right? A future first? A second-rounder? Something? C'mon, guys. Get on the phone.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:42 pm

I think jacob and I should be friends--i keep harping on the same talking points on here.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Gambo is pretty adamant that the Suns are not picking Clarke. This makes me sad.

That being said, I hope that they can trade back in for Clarke...somehow...someway.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:00 pm
wpmiller42 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:53 pm
It just feels like we would have to be able to trade back to 8 or 9 and pick Clarke there while getting some kind of asset, right? A future first? A second-rounder? Something? C'mon, guys. Get on the phone.
but let's say there aren't any takers, or at least takers in the range where we know he will still be available. I want the suns to walk away from the draft with the player they want most that is still on the board when they pick. I don't care if we think we can trade 6 for 11 and come away with Clarke and something else. If they love clarke more than the other folks on the board when they pick, take him.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:04 pm
Gambo is pretty adamant that the Suns are not picking Clarke. This makes me sad.

That being said, I hope that they can trade back in for Clarke...somehow...someway.
Saying we’d take White if he’s there. Hunter would be the pick if White and Garland are gone. Says if Garland makes it to 6 the suns will trade it for someone who wants him.