Whom to pick at 6

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

Assuming we keep the pick, who do you want at 6?

Jarrett Culver
24%
Darius Garland
16%
Deandre Hunter
3%
Coby White
5%
Cam Reddish
3%
Brandon Clarke
22%
Nassir Little
No votes
Nickeil Alexander-Walker
No votes
PJ Washington
No votes
Goga Bitadze
3%
The Suns are idiots if they keep this pick
24%

Total votes: 37

Mori Chu

Re: Who to pick at 6

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:50 pm
I’m just disappointed that Glen Rice is no longer in the league. I would have liked to see White on Rice.
I love it. We should trade for every player with a color for a name. Start with Draymond Green!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Indy wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:33 pm
Nodack wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:11 pm
I haven’t spent any time on who to pick. Seems like it would be wasted time. It is a little disappointing this year. Last year we finished last and got the #1 pick. This year we finish last and get the #6 pick. Seems like a worst case scenario. The poll here is split between three guys and 26% think the Suns are idiots if they draft anybody. That tells me roughly 75% of Suns fans are guaranteed to hate the results of the draft no matter what happens. Sounds like a can’t win scenario to me at least for the next several months at least.
I think the poll is what you want them to do most, not what you will only be happy about and hate any other result.

I suppose. Time will tell.

And spending time scouting players to see who you like best isn't any more time wasted than thinking about who might sit on the iron throne before the final episode.
To each his own. I find GOT entertaining. 62 pages of speculation on one pick isn’t entertaining to me. Then again I don’t really watch college B-Ball and don’t keep up with any of these guys until they hit the nba for the most part. I listen to weird music that most people would find annoying. We all have our thing.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:59 am
Indy wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:33 pm
Nodack wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:11 pm
I haven’t spent any time on who to pick. Seems like it would be wasted time. It is a little disappointing this year. Last year we finished last and got the #1 pick. This year we finish last and get the #6 pick. Seems like a worst case scenario. The poll here is split between three guys and 26% think the Suns are idiots if they draft anybody. That tells me roughly 75% of Suns fans are guaranteed to hate the results of the draft no matter what happens. Sounds like a can’t win scenario to me at least for the next several months at least.
I think the poll is what you want them to do most, not what you will only be happy about and hate any other result.

I suppose. Time will tell.

And spending time scouting players to see who you like best isn't any more time wasted than thinking about who might sit on the iron throne before the final episode.
To each his own. I find GOT entertaining. 62 pages of speculation on one pick isn’t entertaining to me. Then again I don’t really watch college B-Ball and don’t keep up with any of these guys until they hit the nba for the most part. I listen to weird music that most people would find annoying. We all have our thing.
So true. good point

Cap

Post by Cap »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:49 pm
Superbone wrote:
I’m just disappointed that Glen Rice is no longer in the league. I would have liked to see White on Rice.
I love it. We should trade for every player with a color for a name. Start with Draymond Green!
Continue with Jaylen Brown and Derrick Rose?

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Cap wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:05 am
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:49 pm
Superbone wrote:
Continue with Jaylen Brown and Derrick Rose?
Kris Dunn
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Doubt they're seriously considering anyone other than Barrett, provided he's there. They worked out Garland yesterday and White today but probably just doing their HW and meeting with guys/planting seeds should they become available later.

Split T

Post by Split T »

So who do we think the suns will take? Board is pretty split with about 25% each wanting (Culver, Clarke, Garland, or a trade)

I honestly have no idea what we’re going to do, but if I had to guess, I feel like we end up with Coby White

Split T

Post by Split T »

My final board as it relates to suns:

1. Zion
2. Ja
3. Garland
4. Culver
5. RJ
6. Clarke
7. Hunter
8. White
9. Washington
10. NAW

Others I like:

Cam Johnson, Grant Williams, Darius Bazley, Zylan Cheatham, Chuma Okeke, Dylan Windler, Sekou Doumboya

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:52 am
So who do we think the suns will take? Board is pretty split with about 25% each wanting (Culver, Clarke, Garland, or a trade)

I honestly have no idea what we’re going to do, but if I had to guess, I feel like we end up with Coby White
If we assume we are staying put and drafting at #6, it still seems to be so dependent on free agency. If we already know we are going to make a max offer to D'lo, or already have a different PG lined up, it might be very different.

Without knowing anything, and saying we have to pick at 6, here is my preference:

Assuming just Zion and Ja are gone--because it is a crap shoot from there--

1) Culver
2) Clarke
3) Hunter
4) White

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

We know almost for sure that the top 4 picks are going to be:
1. Zion
2. Ja
3. RJ
4. Garland

The feeling I have is that the Suns board of who they want that is left is the following:
5. White
6. Culver
7. Hunter
8. Clarke
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'm not high on Culver at all.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:18 am
We know almost for sure that the top 4 picks are going to be:
1. Zion
2. Ja
3. RJ
4. Garland

The feeling I have is that the Suns board of who they want that is left is the following:
5. White
6. Culver
7. Hunter
8. Clarke
I’d guess Garland probably goes 4, but if NO can’t find a deal they like, I don’t see them taking him. So I haven’t ruled him out as a possibility yet.

I’d guess Bulls end up trading up for him though.

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:19 am
I’m worried about his shot a bit...he could just end up Evan Turner, but he’s got everything else. Can handle, run an offense, makes the right pass, rebounds, defends.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I don't think his handles are that great and he plays a little too upright. Not a fluid athlete or natural ballhandler. And his form is OK but his left hand just goes wild at the end of his release.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:57 am
My final board as it relates to suns:

1. Zion
2. Ja
3. Garland
4. Culver
5. RJ
6. Clarke
7. Hunter
8. White
9. Washington
10. NAW

Others I like:

Cam Johnson, Grant Williams, Darius Bazley, Zylan Cheatham, Chuma Okeke, Dylan Windler, Sekou Doumboya
At #32 I'd take Cam if he falls but I doubt it. Also like Windler. Clarke has my attention at #6, and I'd love to trade down for him. If I felt like taking a big gamble, I'd go with Bol. The PGs supposedly available look so meh to me. Overall I've never been this disinterested in a draft since 2012.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:23 am
ShelC wrote:
I’m worried about his shot a bit...he could just end up Evan Turner, but he’s got everything else. Can handle, run an offense, makes the right pass, rebounds, defends.
I see the comp of Turner on offense and I worry about his shot as well, but that's where it ends. I think Culver is a better passer, rebounder and far better defender than Turner.

He is a very very good athlete, but it isn't always functional. Like he has it, but doesn't show it ever. He's like Ayton in that aspect or even Diaw. You could never tell he was this great athlete.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:37 am
Split T wrote:
ShelC wrote:
I see the comp of Turner on offense and I worry about his shot as well, but that's where it ends. I think Culver is a better passer, rebounder and far better defender than Turner.

He is a very very good athlete, but it isn't always functional. Like he has it, but doesn't show it ever. He's like Ayton in that aspect or even Diaw. You could never tell he was this great athlete.
Turner was a pretty good rebounder/passer. In fact their per40 splits from their sophomore years look awfully similar:

22.8/7.9/4.6/1.8
19.0/7.8/4.4/1.9

Culver is on top

Turner as a junior was 22.8/10.3/6.7/1.9

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:44 am
In2ition wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:37 am
Split T wrote:
ShelC wrote:

Turner was a pretty good rebounder/passer. In fact their per40 splits from their sophomore years look awfully similar:

22.8/7.9/4.6/1.8
19.0/7.8/4.4/1.9

Culver is on top

Turner as a junior was 22.8/10.3/6.7/1.9
You're right, thanks.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Not at 6 obviously but if he’s there at 30. Someone is going to steal this kid. His scoring instincts and ability doesn’t come along often. Below is just what he did in the tournament:

[tweet][/tweet]
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The most "Suns" thing to do would be to draft a PG like White, then also max out Russell, then also sign a veteran backup PG, and also keep one of Melton or Okobo on the roster.