Warren, #32 pick to Pacers for cash

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
Marty [Mori Chu]
Posts: 10048
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Warren, #32 pick to Pacers for cash

Post by Marty [Mori Chu] » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:59 pm

I just wish Ron Artest (Metta) were still in the league and we could trade TJ for him. It'd be the trade of Warren/Peace.

User avatar
carey
Posts: 10810
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Warren, #32 pick to Pacers for cash

Post by carey » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:26 pm

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:50 pm
The Pacers are literally laughing at us:

I think they are laughing at a joke? You might have a persecution complex about Suns fandom right now.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 15355
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Warren, #32 pick to Pacers for cash

Post by Superbone » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:26 pm

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:59 pm
I just wish Ron Artest (Metta) were still in the league and we could trade TJ for him. It'd be the trade of Warren/Peace.
;) Nice one.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing.

JeremyG
Posts: 1212
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:16 pm

Re: Warren, #32 pick to Pacers for cash

Post by JeremyG » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:35 am

carey wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:26 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:50 pm
The Pacers are literally laughing at us:

I think they are laughing at a joke? You might have a persecution complex about Suns fandom right now.
Yeah but the joke is rooted in the fact that they only had to give up cash.

User avatar
The Bobster
Posts: 3784
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:04 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Warren, #32 pick to Pacers for cash

Post by The Bobster » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:32 am

I wonder if they'll be laughing the next time T.J. misses half a season with a mystery ailment.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 4930
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Warren, #32 pick to Pacers for cash

Post by ShelC » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:15 am

TJ will prob hit his head on the overhead compartment on the flight to Indy and miss the first 20 games of the season.

User avatar
Aztec Sunsfan
Posts: 1180
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:56 pm

Re: Warren, #32 pick to Pacers for cash

Post by Aztec Sunsfan » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:54 am

If he doesn’t, and plays close to a full season there, then we were right to dump a player that was half-assing his way here. Of course the pricetag hurts, but it had to be done

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 8976
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Warren, #32 pick to Pacers for cash

Post by Indy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:35 pm

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:54 am
If he doesn’t, and plays close to a full season there, then we were right to dump a player that was half-assing his way here. Of course the pricetag hurts, but it had to be done
He played for a team that was actively tanking 80% of his time here.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 8976
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Warren, #32 pick to Pacers for cash

Post by Indy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:36 pm

The Bobster wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:32 am
I wonder if they'll be laughing the next time T.J. misses half a season with a mystery ailment.
Well, it cost them nothing, right? So the question is more about does he out-perform what that 11-12M would have got them in free agency this summer.

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Warren, #32 pick to Pacers for cash

Post by specialsauce » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:47 am

Indy wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:35 pm
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:54 am
If he doesn’t, and plays close to a full season there, then we were right to dump a player that was half-assing his way here. Of course the pricetag hurts, but it had to be done
He played for a team that was actively tanking 80% of his time here.
Maybe if he stepped up and didn’t miss 3/4 of those years, we wouldn’t have been in a position to tank. Let’s not act like he wasn’t a responsible party for our struggles.

User avatar
jonh
Posts: 754
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:34 pm

Re: Warren, #32 pick to Pacers for cash

Post by jonh » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:31 am

I wish Warren the best. Injuries aside, he always tried to improve his game every summer and never complained to the media or publicly demanded a trade. If he becomes an all-star in Indiana, I will be happy for him. Im sad that it didn't work out for him here, but I hope his career continues to progress.
“I’m done with not making the playoffs. I’m serious. This is probably the last year I’m ever not making the playoffs.” Devin Booker-- April, 2017

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 5668
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Warren, #32 pick to Pacers for cash

Post by In2ition » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:49 am

jonh wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:31 am
I wish Warren the best. Injuries aside, he always tried to improve his game every summer and never complained to the media or publicly demanded a trade. If he becomes an all-star in Indiana, I will be happy for him. Im sad that it didn't work out for him here, but I hope his career continues to progress.
Agreed
"Our Suns are DEAD!!!"

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 8976
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Warren, #32 pick to Pacers for cash

Post by Indy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:11 pm

In2ition wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:49 am
jonh wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:31 am
I wish Warren the best. Injuries aside, he always tried to improve his game every summer and never complained to the media or publicly demanded a trade. If he becomes an all-star in Indiana, I will be happy for him. Im sad that it didn't work out for him here, but I hope his career continues to progress.
Agreed
this

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 8976
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Warren, #32 pick to Pacers for cash

Post by Indy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:13 pm

specialsauce wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:47 am
Indy wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:35 pm
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:54 am
If he doesn’t, and plays close to a full season there, then we were right to dump a player that was half-assing his way here. Of course the pricetag hurts, but it had to be done
He played for a team that was actively tanking 80% of his time here.
Maybe if he stepped up and didn’t miss 3/4 of those years, we wouldn’t have been in a position to tank. Let’s not act like he wasn’t a responsible party for our struggles.
Over the last two seasons, Booker played a total of 10 more games than Warren. Even if you go back 3 seasons, it is only 22 more total games out of 246.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 7859
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Warren, #32 pick to Pacers for cash

Post by Split T » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:26 pm

Booker has been injury prone too. The problem with warren has been the mysterious nature of his injuries and how he tends to miss more time than initially expected each time.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 8976
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Warren, #32 pick to Pacers for cash

Post by Indy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:27 pm

Split T wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:26 pm
Booker has been injury prone too. The problem with warren has been the mysterious nature of his injuries and how he tends to miss more time than initially expected each time.
Agreed. For some reason many here think about TJ as injury prone but not Booker. They are not far apart when it comes to missing games.

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 4930
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Warren, #32 pick to Pacers for cash

Post by ShelC » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:45 pm

Indy wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:27 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:26 pm
Booker has been injury prone too. The problem with warren has been the mysterious nature of his injuries and how he tends to miss more time than initially expected each time.
Agreed. For some reason many here think about TJ as injury prone but not Booker. They are not far apart when it comes to missing games.
Booker's played 10 more games in 1 less season than TJ and he also was held out the last 10-12 games of 17-18.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 8976
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Warren, #32 pick to Pacers for cash

Post by Indy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:48 pm

ShelC wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:45 pm
Indy wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:27 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:26 pm
Booker has been injury prone too. The problem with warren has been the mysterious nature of his injuries and how he tends to miss more time than initially expected each time.
Agreed. For some reason many here think about TJ as injury prone but not Booker. They are not far apart when it comes to missing games.
Booker's played 10 more games in 1 less season than TJ and he also was held out the last 10-12 games of 17-18.
You don't think he misses a lot of games? Especially for someone so young and a guy that is supposed to you be your #1?

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 4930
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Warren, #32 pick to Pacers for cash

Post by ShelC » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:11 pm

I think lots of guys miss time with ankle or hamstring injuries, but I wouldn't call them injury prone per se.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 8976
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Warren, #32 pick to Pacers for cash

Post by Indy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:09 am

ShelC wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:11 pm
I think lots of guys miss time with ankle or hamstring injuries, but I wouldn't call them injury prone per se.
I get it if you are in your 30s and you tweak things here and there. But if you are young and just crack 80% of your games, I consider that injury prone. I don't mean like he is going to blow out his knee or need hip surgery soon, just misses a lot of games for a young guy. I think he really needs to strengthen his body to avoid that kind of stuff. He still looks like he has baby fat. I remember he had a really high body fat % at the combine measurements, and I don't think it has changed all that much.

Post Reply