NBA DRAFT 2019 THREAD

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: NBA DRAFT 2019 THREAD

Post by Shabazz »

Why didn’t we sign Cheatham?

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’m cool with Lecque...had a 43 inch vertical at the combine, which was the highest. Has decent size at 6’4 with a 6’8 wingspan. Hopefully we give him a lot of G league minutes and just let him develop.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:26 pm
Why didn’t we sign Cheatham?
He may have saw our wing overload and thought he’d have a better shot at sticking elsewhere.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:57 pm
Who the hell is Lecque
He’s Paul McPherson

Edit: because of his sick YouTube video the Suns just signed him to a 4 year deal with 2 years guaranteed. I wash I was joking. We’re at the point where we are signing YouTube sensations. That’s real.
Last edited by djy2j on Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Bol Bol at 44th and Louis King going undrafted makes me think Nike only hands out one-year contracts at Oregon.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

So apparently James Jones will only draft guys who are essentially 22 and older (Jerome turns 22 in a few weeks). He is like the anti-Shabazz

He also seems to only be interested in guys with low ceilings. And he is obsessed with investing serious draft capital in role players (see 2 1st rounders for Bridges, Mikal; Johnson, Cameron in the lottery).

Thanks JJ.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:35 pm
So apparently James Jones will only draft guys who are essentially 22 and older (Jerome turns 22 in a few weeks). He is like the anti-Shabazz

He also seems to only be interested in guys with low ceilings. And he is obsessed with investing serious draft capital in role players (see 2 1st rounders for Bridges, Mikal; Johnson, Cameron in the lottery).

Thanks JJ.
It almost seems as if he refuses to acquire any player that could be better than he ever was, lol.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Suns signed Tariq Owens to a 2 way. I guess an athletic big from Texas tech

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

We're just fluctuating between extremes: Ryan was all about potential; Jones is all about finding the next James Jones. Why can't we find someone in the middle?

And both guys keep bringing in smalls that don't leverage well in small lineups. They keep bringing in wings that can't rebound. So the small ball lineups don't have a chance. Guys like Luka Doncic, RJ Barrett, etc. make small ball work because they can rebound, they can mix it up inside a little. You need a PJ Tucker, a Shawn Marion, etc.

Oubre, Bridges, and Cam Johnson are all too skinny and don't rebound. So you are limited in how many effective lineups you can field.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

INFORMER wrote:

Thanks JJ.
Just awful. What a terrible draft.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

djy2j wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:28 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:57 pm
Who the hell is Lecque
He’s Paul McPherson

Edit: because of his sick YouTube video the Suns just signed him to a 4 year deal with 2 years guaranteed. I wash I was joking. We’re at the point where we are signing YouTube sensations. That’s real.
Sad

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I have no problem taking a flyer on a guy; I even encourage it. But the 2 years guaranteed, even at the minimum, is a bit of a head-scratcher.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

INFORMER wrote:
He is like the anti-Shabazz
Nicest thing anyone's said to me today.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

And I would have been happy with almost-as-old Clarke.

gosuns

Post by gosuns »

My positives: We are guaranteed to be represented at the All Star Game. Cam in the 3Point and Lecque in the Dunk contest. You can never have enough shooters. Added BBall IQ.

My Negatives: We still have no starting caliber PG or PF. Almost guaranteed to have the worst defense in the league. We have accomplished nothing through the draft and now forced to make stupid moves in free agency.

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

JJ thinks we have stars in Booker and Ayton.So it is logical for him to aquire solid role players via the draft and trades. Will see how it goes. I reserve my judgment until free agency is done.
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Ty has a little Manu to his game:

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Jerome totally looks like he doesn't belong in the NBA from an athleticism standpoint (negative wingspan, mind you; no speed or quickness). He just looks like a random dude you can find in a pick up game.

He was another 1stR bubble guy anyway, so I would have never used both MIL pick and cap space from taking Baynes to select him. Want to dump Baynes? Jerome is the price. Want draft stock instead for your #24 in a perceived poor draft? Two seconds or move on.

Like with Cam, I hope I am wrong but this reeks of mismanagement from lack of preparation.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Hey guys! Remember when we were all worried that the Suns would draft Coby white? Those were the good old days.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Lecque has my curiosity. Two years guaranteed look questionable at first, but at least I can see the upside and the risk is minimal by definition.