NBA DRAFT 2019 THREAD

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
rhylek

Re: NBA DRAFT 2019 THREAD

Post by rhylek »

virtual9mm wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:59 pm
rhylek wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:57 pm
That writer must be on drugs...
We all need a depressing laugh sometimes.
I had to take a shower, I felt like my brain was abused :lol: :? :oops:

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

This is your brain...on Medium lol

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:13 am
Drewsprocket wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:09 pm
ShelC wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:23 am
The scouting stuff is concerning and I heard the pod where they went off about our draft prep, or lack thereof, and only scouting one conference, maybe not doing homework on guys they should've been looking at. But along with scouting players also comes gathering info on other teams, who they're interested in, knowing player projections. I think taking Johnson at 11 showed a serious lack of knowledge of all the prospects and where they were slotted to go. I'm all about "take your guy if he's there" but this was a clear reach. And really, anyone who knows the draft knows that Jrs and Srs and older players typically go mid-late first round and 2nd round. If wanted older, more polished players, we could've traded back again into the 20s and taken Cam and TyJerome just the same. Clarke too. That's not "hindsight is 20/20", that's knowing the draft.
Was there a better shooter available past 11? Definitely a better candidate. Brandon Clarke didn’t seem that impressive. It definitely sucks to lack confidence im our draft. It’s pretty clear the FO has such a reputation of making bad moves that they los leverage even when they have a docent chip (Warren).
Maybe Dylan Windler, who went #26 to CLE. Doesn't come with the plus of 'high release' that Can has, or his alleged potential to play PF, but health is not questionable.
Being 6’9” and a high volume and efficienct 3 pt shooter is one of the only skills you need when you have no other skills. Cam would have been gone by 20 with Philly. If that’s Jones’s guy, that’s his guy. I dont know who else he could have took at 11 that he could have traded back for Cam and made a profit. This draft sucked for other teams too. Even Clarke fell way back.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

The problem is that he shouldn't have been Jones' guy at #11, but there is no use to keep this thing alive. Let's just hope we landed an useful player who will see minutes from day 1 and is not a liability.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Defending drafting Cam at #11 is like defending buying a hot dog for lunch for $20. We get it, you had a craving for a hot dog; that was what you really wanted for lunch. But you should have found a way to get it for less than $20, or at least should have gotten a really nice combo meal for your $20 in the process.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:38 am
Defending drafting Cam at #11 is like defending buying a hot dog for lunch for $20. We get it, you had a craving for a hot dog; that was what you really wanted for lunch. But you should have found a way to get it for less than $20, or at least should have gotten a really nice combo meal for your $20 in the process.
People were all over the place. It’s a valid point to some extent but I’m not emotionally invested in this draft. Cam looks like a top shooter in this draft altogether and Jones took him 6-9 picks sooner in a shite draft class. Saric is a good player languishing in a bad fit. We at least got as sure thing out of the lottery since we dropped to six.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
To wit:

https://twitter.com/TheMattPetersen/status/1143280060230787074

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Yep. There's really no logic to defend it. Even if Cam is your guy, no excuse not to move back and pick up another asset.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:39 am
Yep. There's really no logic to defend it. Even if Cam is your guy, no excuse not to move back and pick up another asset.
Who's to say that another team in the 15-30 range was willing to give up an asset to trade up to 11? Could've the FO had some indication that another team was targeting Cam Johnson and thus risking the guy they wanted because they had to pick up another asset?

Not to pick on you, but I'm already tired of these kinds of statements and the guy hasn't even played a game. As if it's just as simple as calling a team and demanding something from them in order to help your own cause.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

Can anyone guarantee that Cam would be there if we moved further back in the draft. Many picks were considered as a reach, maybe some one was going to reach Cam before us. Who knows what would happen. All speculations...
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It’s over, guys. Cam is our guy. Just accept it and move on. James Jones has only been a full-time GM a year and change. Let’s see if he can work some better deals with experience.
"Be Legendary."

Bucktastic365

Post by Bucktastic365 »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
That's a very nice analogy; thumbs up
Cam was a VERY vanilla choice; my hope is that he is GOURMET vanilla.

In another thread it came to me who I hope he becomes to us; OUR H***y 2.0. clutch 3's and WINNING INTANGIBLES

Bucktastic365

Post by Bucktastic365 »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:46 am
specialsauce wrote:
Who's to say that another team in the 15-30 range was willing to give up an asset to trade up to 11? Could've the FO had some indication that another team was targeting Cam Johnson and thus risking the guy they wanted because they had to pick up another asset?

Not to pick on you, but I'm already tired of these kinds of statements and the guy hasn't even played a game. As if it's just as simple as calling a team and demanding something from them in order to help your own cause.

Voice of reason; THUMBS UP

Win or lose, this pick is on James Jones; let it play out; observe THEN react...

Cap

Post by Cap »

Bucktastic365 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:12 am
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
That's a very nice analogy; thumbs up
Cam was a VERY vanilla choice; my hope is that he is GOURMET vanilla.
Cam’s new nickname: Vanilla Hot Dog

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Okay Jeff, you can come out from your burner account now 8-)

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:27 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Find a new slant.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:34 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:27 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Find a new slant.
That's exactly what Jeff Bower would say.