2019 Phoenix Suns Summer League

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
Split T
Posts: 7859
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: 2019 Phoenix Suns Summer League

Post by Split T » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:40 pm

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:00 pm
Xylus wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:23 am
Cam and Ty are technically not Phoenix Suns players yet, so they can't be included on the roster atm. Kinda silly, I guess.

Not sure why Bridges, Melton, and King aren't on the roster, though. Very strange.
Sounds like King was on the Jazz roster. Not a huge loss, imo. I thought it was a dumb pick when it happened, tbh.
I was at the jazz summer league game yesterday. King wasn’t listed on the roster, but I’m pretty sure I saw him on the bench

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 15355
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: 2019 Phoenix Suns Summer League

Post by Superbone » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:37 pm

Xylus wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:23 am
Cam and Ty are technically not Phoenix Suns players yet, so they can't be included on the roster atm. Kinda silly, I guess.

Not sure why Bridges, Melton, and King aren't on the roster, though. Very strange.
Welp, the Melton question has been answered.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing.

User avatar
iLLmatic
Posts: 3219
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:03 pm
Location: Gilbert, Arizona

Re: 2019 Phoenix Suns Summer League

Post by iLLmatic » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:54 pm

I'm looking forward to watching Jalen Lecque.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 15355
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: 2019 Phoenix Suns Summer League

Post by Superbone » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:09 pm

iLLmatic wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:54 pm
I'm looking forward to watching Jalen Lecque.
Same. I haven't even watched any highlight videos. I'm going to wait for live game action.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing.

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 4930
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: 2019 Phoenix Suns Summer League

Post by ShelC » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:48 pm

I wasn't really impressed at all with his highlights. They were all just straightline drives to the basket and tomahawk dunks. Like...every single highlight. And he was playing against regular high schoolers. There was nothing to take from any of them.

I'm keeping an eye on Harper, Cooks and Owens.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 15355
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: 2019 Phoenix Suns Summer League

Post by Superbone » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:57 pm

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:48 pm
I wasn't really impressed at all with his highlights. They were all just straightline drives to the basket and tomahawk dunks. Like...every single highlight. And he was playing against regular high schoolers. There was nothing to take from any of them.

I'm keeping an eye on Harper, Cooks and Owens.
So, what you're telling me is that you're going to look away every time Lecque has the ball?!
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 15355
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: 2019 Phoenix Suns Summer League

Post by Superbone » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:06 pm

Image
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing.

User avatar
Bucktastic365
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:35 am

Re: 2019 Phoenix Suns Summer League

Post by Bucktastic365 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:33 pm

iLLmatic wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:54 pm
I'm looking forward to watching Jalen Lecque.

This

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 4930
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: 2019 Phoenix Suns Summer League

Post by ShelC » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:49 pm

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:57 pm
ShelC wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:48 pm
I wasn't really impressed at all with his highlights. They were all just straightline drives to the basket and tomahawk dunks. Like...every single highlight. And he was playing against regular high schoolers. There was nothing to take from any of them.

I'm keeping an eye on Harper, Cooks and Owens.
So, what you're telling me is that you're going to look away every time Lecque has the ball?!
Oh I'll be watching!

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 15355
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: 2019 Phoenix Suns Summer League

Post by Superbone » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:57 pm

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:49 pm
Superbone wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:57 pm
ShelC wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:48 pm
I wasn't really impressed at all with his highlights. They were all just straightline drives to the basket and tomahawk dunks. Like...every single highlight. And he was playing against regular high schoolers. There was nothing to take from any of them.

I'm keeping an eye on Harper, Cooks and Owens.
So, what you're telling me is that you're going to look away every time Lecque has the ball?!
Oh I'll be watching!
I was joking of course. Looking forward to some "Suns" basketball no matter how diluted it is. Hopefully, we get to see the new guys (1st rounders) on Sunday. Play style will be interesting to see since it might indicate how the big club plans to play.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing.

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 4930
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: 2019 Phoenix Suns Summer League

Post by ShelC » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:18 pm

Yea and I wasn't dogging the kid out or anything. You weren't missing anything by not watching the highlights. But he looks very young. Same as Archie when we drafted him but in interviews he seemed pretty put together.

I always get too excited about SL but I do like the UDFAs we have. Did I miss anything on why Bridges isn't playing?

User avatar
Shabazz
Posts: 3751
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: 2019 Phoenix Suns Summer League

Post by Shabazz » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:26 pm

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:18 pm
Yea and I wasn't dogging the kid out or anything. You weren't missing anything by not watching the highlights. But he looks very young. Same as Archie when we drafted him but in interviews he seemed pretty put together.

I always get too excited about SL but I do like the UDFAs we have. Did I miss anything on why Bridges isn't playing?
Suns fans wouldn't be able to handle the disappointment if he sucked.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 15355
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: 2019 Phoenix Suns Summer League

Post by Superbone » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:27 pm

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:18 pm
Yea and I wasn't dogging the kid out or anything. You weren't missing anything by not watching the highlights. But he looks very young. Same as Archie when we drafted him but in interviews he seemed pretty put together.

I always get too excited about SL but I do like the UDFAs we have. Did I miss anything on why Bridges isn't playing?
I haven't heard anything about Bridges yet. The roster is pretty big. Maybe they think they already know what they have with him and they want to give these other guys a chance?
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing.

User avatar
Vladimir_Taltos
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:02 pm

Re: 2019 Phoenix Suns Summer League

Post by Vladimir_Taltos » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:13 pm

Want to see Ty play...interesting read...


User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 15355
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: 2019 Phoenix Suns Summer League

Post by Superbone » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:58 pm

Thanks, Vlad. Good article. I’m really curious to see how he looks at the next level.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing.

User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 5095
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: 2019 Phoenix Suns Summer League

Post by INFORMER » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:48 pm

I'm glad we still have Okobo.
Free agent targets: Cheick Diallo, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Joakim Noah, Theo Pinson

User avatar
Wally_West
Posts: 1915
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: 2019 Phoenix Suns Summer League

Post by Wally_West » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:57 pm

INFORMER wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:48 pm
I'm glad we still have Okobo.
Not for long according to Gambo

User avatar
carey
Posts: 10810
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: 2019 Phoenix Suns Summer League

Post by carey » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:11 pm

Wally_West wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:57 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:48 pm
I'm glad we still have Okobo.
Not for long according to Gambo
He also said Lecque won't make the team (he has 2 years of guaranteed salary.) I'm not quite sure Gambo always knows what he's talking about. It's obvious the DAR stuff was coming from Dudley who was getting info directly from DAR. He does talk to some players, agents and GMs (Ainge) but he's also clueless about what our front office is really thinking and doing.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

User avatar
gosuns
Posts: 369
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:42 am
Location: Europe

Re: 2019 Phoenix Suns Summer League

Post by gosuns » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:11 pm

INFORMER wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:48 pm
I'm glad we still have Okobo.
Me too. Hope he shows up at Summer League and stays on the roster. His shooting is a nice complement to Rubio at the PG position and his ceiling is high imo.

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: 2019 Phoenix Suns Summer League

Post by specialsauce » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:17 pm

I want Okobo to stay on. Chances are he won’t become anything, but he certainly has a high ceiling I agree. He’s worth the gamble.

Post Reply