Game Day (Summer League): Knicks (0-1) @ Suns (0-0), Sun 7/7/19

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Game Day (Summer League): Knicks (0-1) @ Suns (0-0), Sun 7/7/19

Post by Split T »

Lecque can attack the basket, he’s got handles and he’s quick and explosive. Jump shot does not look good and he’s looked completely lost defensively. I wouldn’t expect much from him these next two years. But if he develops, he could be fun

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

The rest of the Summer Suns also seem to be suffering from “lack of practice time.” These guys are tripping over the court lines, struggle with simple outlet passes, and Mitchell Robinson gets a lob every time.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

James Jones interviewed during the 2nd quarter.

First thing he said about Saric was that he is a really good person. Neat. :roll:

Said he looks forward to Baynes pushing Ayton in practice.

Nobody asked him why TF Cam and Ty aren’t playing. I expected more out of Doris Burke.

Only time Jones showed emotion was the 2 separate times they were talking about his playing days. :roll:

Get the feeling the only thing he wants to get out of this Summer League team is the fact that they are legally obligated to field a team.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Clearly the Suns are above this Summer League nonsense.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Democritus wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:02 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:28 am
I don't think it's a big deal if Cam and Jerome don't play. What's the point of throwing them out there unprepared?
What is there to be prepared? They are mature enough to handle a few meaningless games. I suppose our FO doesn't want to risk any injuries.
Or their draft picks looking like crud and the front office getting roasted for it. Best reason I could think of

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Danimal wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:53 pm
Democritus wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:02 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:28 am
I don't think it's a big deal if Cam and Jerome don't play. What's the point of throwing them out there unprepared?
What is there to be prepared? They are mature enough to handle a few meaningless games. I suppose our FO doesn't want to risk any injuries.
Or their draft picks looking like crud and the front office getting roasted for it. Best reason I could think of
Knicks rookies getting a feel for the pace of the NBA game. Suns rookies getting a feel for their dress clothes.

carey

Post by carey »

djy2j wrote:
Knicks rookies getting a feel for the pace of the NBA game. Suns rookies getting a feel for their dress clothes.
This bares very little resemblance to an NBA game pace or otherwise.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Odd interview with Ty and Cam who seemed to be as confused as we are about not playing. Ty said he wished he was able to be out there. Said they just have been lifting weights in the morning and working out in the afternoon.

Cam’s interview was a bit more odd.

What have you and Booker talked about in terms of expectations for the season? “We haven’t really talked about that.”

How do you see your game translating into the NBA game? “Hopefully pretty well.”

Thanks Cam :lol:

carey

Post by carey »

Suns have no business winning a game in which the other team has Barrett, Knox and Mitchell Robinson.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

carey wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:34 pm
Suns have no business winning a game in which the other team has Barrett, Knox and Mitchell Robinson.
At least we aren't Knicks fans..?
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Yeah Suns played pretty decent in the 4th. Executed on both ends to get them back in the game and in a position to win. I like that Rice guy. Can shoot it pretty well.

Mitchell Robinson had at least 5 goal tends and RJ Barrett looked absolutely awful and had 8TO

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

djy2j wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:50 pm
Yeah Suns played pretty decent in the 4th. Executed on both ends to get them back in the game and in a position to win. I like that Rice guy. Can shoot it pretty well.

Mitchell Robinson had at least 5 goal tends and RJ Barrett looked absolutely awful and had 8TO
He stood out to me with Harper, in the time I watched the game.

I'm in NYC right now, so it's a little surreal to watch this game. I went into the NBA store here and the Suns woefully under represented here. I asked the clerks about Suns merch and they pretty much admitted that they don't have much of anything.

BTW, who here is from NYC? I seemed to remember a long time poster here that may have a pizza joint in the city iirc. I would love to visit their place.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think that was Phoenix219, but I wanna say his pizza place was upstate New York?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Not sure what to make of the game. I recognize 2 names on our roster. The rest of the names... *crickets*... Not putting any weight into this whole summer league garbage. It's no wonder we decided to keep a few of our rookies off the roster.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

carey

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:26 pm
I think that was Phoenix219, but I wanna say his pizza place was upstate New York?
Definitely P219. Not sure exactly where it is.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Guess it's a good thing it's summer league otherwise I'd be pissed. Brandon Clarke balled out tonight.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:34 pm
Our rag tag group of players didn't agree with you and in fact did take down the Vegas odds on favorites. Dare I say we looked well coached? Harper and Rice impressed. I actually enjoyed watching this game in spite of our missing rookies and 2nd year players.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Didn't see the game but saw Jared Harper got off to a strong start with 19pts. K8ds gonna play somewhere in the nba. Wished we had a spot available before blindfley giving the other kid guaranteed yrs
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”