Game Day (Summer League): Spurs (2-1) @ Suns (1-1), Wed 7/10/19

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 4930
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Game Day (Summer League): Spurs (2-1) @ Suns (1-1), Wed 7/10/19

Post by ShelC » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:49 am

Great Lecque highlights from last night. I must've turned it off right before it got exciting. He's showed a much more complete game in these clips, with drives to the basket, passing in transition and the halfcourt and shooting off a pass and off the dribble. The form on his shot looks fine, he maybe holds it for a split second before his release that could be a little smoother and he kicks his right leg out like he's fading away. Nothing that's broken tho. Overall really encouraging. Also forgot he took a charge and had a Lebron-esque chasedown block (goaltend).

FYI, you have to open the whole thread to see all the clips. I'd post them all but then this post would be huge.


User avatar
carey
Posts: 10810
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Game Day (Summer League): Spurs (2-1) @ Suns (1-1), Wed 7/10/19

Post by carey » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:55 am

Thread is unavailable. Deleted?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 4930
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Game Day (Summer League): Spurs (2-1) @ Suns (1-1), Wed 7/10/19

Post by ShelC » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:19 pm

No, Twitter is down right now.

User avatar
carey
Posts: 10810
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Game Day (Summer League): Spurs (2-1) @ Suns (1-1), Wed 7/10/19

Post by carey » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:48 pm

ShelC wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:19 pm
No, Twitter is down right now.
Not a good time to go down. Got a massive storm coming in to NOLA area. 10-15 inches expected in my zone.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 4930
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Game Day (Summer League): Spurs (2-1) @ Suns (1-1), Wed 7/10/19

Post by ShelC » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:39 pm

It's been back up a few hours now. Stay safe.

User avatar
carey
Posts: 10810
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Game Day (Summer League): Spurs (2-1) @ Suns (1-1), Wed 7/10/19

Post by carey » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:31 pm

ShelC wrote:It's been back up a few hours now. Stay safe.
Going to try. The river is already very high. So the city will flood for sure. I live right by the lake just outside the city on a ridge so should be ok. I hope so anyway.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 15355
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day (Summer League): Spurs (2-1) @ Suns (1-1), Wed 7/10/19

Post by Superbone » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:13 pm

carey wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:31 pm
ShelC wrote:It's been back up a few hours now. Stay safe.
Going to try. The river is already very high. So the city will flood for sure. I live right by the lake just outside the city on a ridge so should be ok. I hope so anyway.
Keep us posted.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing.

User avatar
O_Gardino
Posts: 5238
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 12:47 pm
Location: Shreveport, LA

Re: Game Day (Summer League): Spurs (2-1) @ Suns (1-1), Wed 7/10/19

Post by O_Gardino » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:30 pm

ShelC wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:49 am
Great Lecque highlights from last night. I must've turned it off right before it got exciting. He's showed a much more complete game in these clips, with drives to the basket, passing in transition and the halfcourt and shooting off a pass and off the dribble. The form on his shot looks fine, he maybe holds it for a split second before his release that could be a little smoother and he kicks his right leg out like he's fading away. Nothing that's broken tho. Overall really encouraging. Also forgot he took a charge and had a Lebron-esque chasedown block (goaltend).

FYI, you have to open the whole thread to see all the clips. I'd post them all but then this post would be huge.

Thanks. Nice breakdown.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

User avatar
virtual9mm
Posts: 637
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:24 pm

Re: Game Day (Summer League): Spurs (2-1) @ Suns (1-1), Wed 7/10/19

Post by virtual9mm » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:35 pm

carey wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:31 pm
ShelC wrote:It's been back up a few hours now. Stay safe.
Going to try. The river is already very high. So the city will flood for sure. I live right by the lake just outside the city on a ridge so should be ok. I hope so anyway.
Best of luck!

User avatar
Marty [Mori Chu]
Posts: 10048
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Game Day (Summer League): Spurs (2-1) @ Suns (1-1), Wed 7/10/19

Post by Marty [Mori Chu] » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:19 am

Hope everything's okay out there, carey.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 8976
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Game Day (Summer League): Spurs (2-1) @ Suns (1-1), Wed 7/10/19

Post by Indy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:41 am

O_Gardino wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:30 pm
ShelC wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:49 am
Great Lecque highlights from last night. I must've turned it off right before it got exciting. He's showed a much more complete game in these clips, with drives to the basket, passing in transition and the halfcourt and shooting off a pass and off the dribble. The form on his shot looks fine, he maybe holds it for a split second before his release that could be a little smoother and he kicks his right leg out like he's fading away. Nothing that's broken tho. Overall really encouraging. Also forgot he took a charge and had a Lebron-esque chasedown block (goaltend).

FYI, you have to open the whole thread to see all the clips. I'd post them all but then this post would be huge.

Thanks. Nice breakdown.
David is great at doing these. He is a must follow if you are on twitter.

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 4930
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Game Day (Summer League): Spurs (2-1) @ Suns (1-1), Wed 7/10/19

Post by ShelC » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:59 am

Yea for some reason I hardly follow any Suns people on Twitter. I usually just troll Knicks Twitter. Just started following a bunch of Suns accounts tho.

User avatar
The Bobster
Posts: 3784
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:04 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Game Day (Summer League): Spurs (2-1) @ Suns (1-1), Wed 7/10/19

Post by The Bobster » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:44 pm

Lecque just seems to have a sense for the game - its been against inferior competition and he's got a lot of work ahead, but he does make plays that show that he's got a good basketball IQ.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 8976
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Game Day (Summer League): Spurs (2-1) @ Suns (1-1), Wed 7/10/19

Post by Indy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:40 pm

The Bobster wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:44 pm
Lecque just seems to have a sense for the game - its been against inferior competition and he's got a lot of work ahead, but he does make plays that show that he's got a good basketball IQ.
It is weird to see in a Suns uniform, lately.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 15355
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Game Day (Summer League): Spurs (2-1) @ Suns (1-1), Wed 7/10/19

Post by Superbone » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:51 pm

Indy wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:40 pm
The Bobster wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:44 pm
Lecque just seems to have a sense for the game - its been against inferior competition and he's got a lot of work ahead, but he does make plays that show that he's got a good basketball IQ.
It is weird to see in a Suns uniform, lately.
I think you're going to enjoy this upcoming season.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing.

LazarusLong
Posts: 1597
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:58 pm

Re: Game Day (Summer League): Spurs (2-1) @ Suns (1-1), Wed 7/10/19

Post by LazarusLong » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:25 am

The Bobster wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:44 pm
Lecque just seems to have a sense for the game - its been against inferior competition and he's got a lot of work ahead, but he does make plays that show that he's got a good basketball IQ.
He's a good gamble. See how he evolves after a year or two in the developmental league.
Once upon a time, in what seems an epoch ago, the Phoenix Suns were a respectable NBA franchise ...

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Game Day (Summer League): Spurs (2-1) @ Suns (1-1), Wed 7/10/19

Post by specialsauce » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:00 pm

LazarusLong wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:25 am
The Bobster wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:44 pm
Lecque just seems to have a sense for the game - its been against inferior competition and he's got a lot of work ahead, but he does make plays that show that he's got a good basketball IQ.
He's a good gamble. See how he evolves after a year or two in the developmental league.
So far looks like a good gamble by Jones

User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 5095
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: Game Day (Summer League): Spurs (2-1) @ Suns (1-1), Wed 7/10/19

Post by INFORMER » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:24 pm

carey wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:59 am
Shabazz wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:51 am
Lecque is basically the opposite of everyone else Jones has brought in this offseason.
I think he was brought in to balance out the lack of athleticism on the roster now. Not as bad now that Kelly has re-signed but it was leaning towards a certain kind of player.
I don't know how much balance Lecque can offer when he will probably spend most of his time in the G League. But yes, Jimmy seemed to ignore defense, rebounding, and athleticism this offseason. Good point regarding Oubre; retaining him helps address the lack of athleticism and defense on the roster.
Free agent targets: Cheick Diallo, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Joakim Noah, Theo Pinson

User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 5095
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: Game Day (Summer League): Spurs (2-1) @ Suns (1-1), Wed 7/10/19

Post by INFORMER » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:26 pm

specialsauce wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:00 pm
LazarusLong wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:25 am
The Bobster wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:44 pm
Lecque just seems to have a sense for the game - its been against inferior competition and he's got a lot of work ahead, but he does make plays that show that he's got a good basketball IQ.
He's a good gamble. See how he evolves after a year or two in the developmental league.
So far looks like a good gamble by Jones
It's not a gamble at all. Lecque is making minimum money and didn't even cost a draft pick. It's really a no-brainer. It is one of the few moves this front office has made that hints at even a semblance of understanding the concept of value.
Free agent targets: Cheick Diallo, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Joakim Noah, Theo Pinson

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 3289
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Game Day (Summer League): Spurs (2-1) @ Suns (1-1), Wed 7/10/19

Post by specialsauce » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:58 pm

INFORMER wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:26 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:00 pm
LazarusLong wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:25 am
The Bobster wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:44 pm
Lecque just seems to have a sense for the game - its been against inferior competition and he's got a lot of work ahead, but he does make plays that show that he's got a good basketball IQ.
He's a good gamble. See how he evolves after a year or two in the developmental league.
So far looks like a good gamble by Jones
It's not a gamble at all. Lecque is making minimum money and didn't even cost a draft pick. It's really a no-brainer. It is one of the few moves this front office has made that hints at even a semblance of understanding the concept of value.
He gave an undrafted rookie who didn’t play in college a two year guaranteed (4 year) deal which likely brings an end to Elie Okobos time in Phoenix.

Yes, it is a gamble. Not high risk, but he is certainly betting on this kid.

Post Reply