Predict 2019-20 Suns # of wins

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

How many wins?

< 20
No votes
20-24
No votes
25-29
23%
30-34
30%
35-39
34%
40-44
7%
45-50
5%
> 50
2%

Total votes: 44

carey

Re: Predict 2019-20 Suns # of wins

Post by carey » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:09 pm

OE32 wrote:With the extreme level of competition in the west this year, a lot would seem to depend on (i) other teams' having health problems, as we need to take some wins from Denver, GSW, Houston, LAC, LAL, Portland and Utah if we're going to win more than 35, (ii) Ayton stepping up, so we have the talent necessary to win series against competitive teams like Sacto, Minny, OKC, San Antonio, Dallas, and New Orleans, and to a lesser extent, (iii) Ty Jerome and/or Cam Johnson being able to contribute in year one, so we have the depth necessary to win games when our starters inevitably suffer injury.

No one can confidently say that we'll be better than all of Dallas, Memphis, Minnesota, New Orleans, SAS and Sacto, which would seem to be the base requirement for us to nab the 8th seed, unless one of GSW, Houston, Denver, LAC, LAL, Portland or Utah somehow slip (GSW seems to be the most vulnerable to me, which doesn't bode well for our chances to move higher than #8). So even if you're a big believer in this team, projecting playoffs for this group seems foolish.

Sad to consider how good we'd look in the East. Just looking at wins for next season, I could see us plausibly getting as high as #3. It's like we have two leagues... Damn. Just look at the enormity of the disparity! Of the 16 best teams in the league, arguably 14 of them would come from the Western Conference if the schedules weren't so lopsided! Would next year's TOR, BOS or BKN make the playoffs in the west? I tend to doubt it!

Here's hoping James Jones manages to trade next year's lottery pick for multiple future firsts and continues to manage the cap wisely. Keep this team together another year or two and perhaps we'll be able to eke into Playoff Bracket A, aka, the Western Conference Playoffs.

I voted 30-34 wins, and I think that's optimistic.
I said the same thing on Twitter when some guy put Embiid and Simmons light years ahead of Booker and Ayton. Embiid who is out of shape and has to rest constantly and Simmons who can't shoot. If you put DA&DB in the East then give them Jimmy Butler, Reddick, and Tobias they'd absolutely win 50 games. Ppl are so weird sometimes.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:20 pm

I just want to see Devin and Deandre with a competent roster and see how it goes before I claim that they are both bad players and/or empty stat guys on bad teams.
"Our Suns are DEAD!!!"
Nate Duncan / Morten Jensen
Ben Goliver / Jake Madison
Bryan Toporek / John Karalis
Danny Leroux / Jonathan Feigen
Howard Beck / Dan Devine
Dan Favale / Andy Bailey
Coach Nick / Jared Weiss
Marc Jiang / David Aldridge

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:55 pm

carey wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:09 pm
Embiid who is out of shape and has to rest constantly and Simmons who can't shoot.
Simmons and Embiid deserve a lot more credit than that.
Free agent targets: Cheick Diallo, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Joakim Noah, Theo Pinson

carey

Predict 2019-20 Suns # of wins

Post by carey » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:30 pm

INFORMER wrote:
carey wrote:
Embiid who is out of shape and has to rest constantly and Simmons who can't shoot.
The point is the guy had them way above the Suns. It was like this...

1. Simmons/Embiid
2. Murray/Jokic
-
-
-
3. Doncic/KP
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
4. Booker/Ayton

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:07 pm

I just hope the emotional maturity and bball IQ adds to team chemistry and winning games.

Indy

Post by Indy » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:03 pm

carey wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:30 pm
INFORMER wrote:
carey wrote:
The point is the guy had them way above the Suns. It was like this...

1. Simmons/Embiid
2. Murray/Jokic
-
-
-
3. Doncic/KP
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
4. Booker/Ayton
I would take Joker and Murray ahead of any of them (especially with Embiid's injury history). And I would agree there is a huge gap between 1/2 and 3/4. Burt the 3-4 gap is probably pretty close and all depends on KP health.