How many wins? Figuring total...w/ questions

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Drewsprocket

Re: How many wins? Figuring total...w/ questions

Post by Drewsprocket »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:36 am
Maybe efficient wasn't the right word. I just think having a PG to handle a majority of the time and take that pressure off Book will help him overall. He can maybe be more dangerous if the defense has to account for Rubio and he can just focus on his offense and getting open rather than handling the ball, being the focus of the defense all the time and looking to get others involved.
There will be major improvement. Every game there were long sequences they couldn’t get into any kind of offense. Tons of bad shots and an inability to move the ball. Just bad offense with Book trying to create for himself.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

carey wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:44 pm
ShelC wrote:
Maybe efficient wasn't the right word. I just think having a PG to handle a majority of the time and take that pressure off Book will help him overall. He can maybe be more dangerous if the defense has to account for Rubio and he can just focus on his offense and getting open rather than handling the ball, being the focus of the defense all the time and looking to get others involved.
You were the post I replied to but really it was about the sentiment I've been seeing a lot of on Twitter, at RealGM, etc. Hope I didn't offend.
Not at all. I actually wasn't aware that Booker was that efficient last year with the extra responsibilities as a ballhandler. I know his 3pt shooting was down and that's an area I think he'll definitely improve upon with a true PG on the floor. I keep coming back to how good Joe Johnson was shooting the ball his one year with Nash, only to go to ATL and see his percentages drop off when he became the primary ballhandler/offensive weapon. Hopefully it's the opposite with Book.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:03 am
carey wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:44 pm
ShelC wrote:
You were the post I replied to but really it was about the sentiment I've been seeing a lot of on Twitter, at RealGM, etc. Hope I didn't offend.
Not at all. I actually wasn't aware that Booker was that efficient last year with the extra responsibilities as a ballhandler. I know his 3pt shooting was down and that's an area I think he'll definitely improve upon with a true PG on the floor. I keep coming back to how good Joe Johnson was shooting the ball his one year with Nash, only to go to ATL and see his percentages drop off when he became the primary ballhandler/offensive weapon. Hopefully it's the opposite with Book.
The hope is that he's more efficient with Rubio, and I think he's trending to make a big jump along with Oubre and Ayton, imo.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

It's also going to come down to coaching and getting these guys in positions/spots that play to their strengths. Ayton shouldn't be just a screener 25 ft from the basket. And with Rubio running and pushing on the break, it'll allow Oubre to get wide for dunks and layups and Booker to trail or drift to the corner for easy 3s. Book should also be constantly moving and working off screens for shots or penetration off the dribble.
Last edited by ShelC on Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Having a real PG by his side will help Booker. If you think he can't get more efficient or become better, you're in for a surprise. Maybe not all of his numbers will go up, but it'll help him to have Rubio run the offense as well as helping with perimeter D.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:42 am
Having a real PG by his side will help Booker. If you think he can't get more efficient or become better, you're in for a surprise. Maybe not all of his numbers will go up, but it'll help him to have Rubio run the offense as well as helping with perimeter D.
Man, Marty is in dreamland finally getting his man. :D
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Re: How many wins? Figuring total...w/ question

Post by Nodack »

I think a huge weight has been lifted off of Booker now that he doesn’t have to try to be a point guard half the time. I don’t expect the playoffs but I expect an improved team that isn’t in the bottom again. Pessimistically thinking I think we are slightly improved. Optimistically thinking I think we come close to the playoffs. As always injuries will play a key factor like it does for every team. I hate making predictions because nobody really knows until you know...

In2ition

Re: How many wins? Figuring total...w/ question

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:08 pm
I think a huge weight has been lifted off of Booker now that he doesn’t have to try to be a point guard half the time. I don’t expect the playoffs but I expect an improved team that isn’t in the bottom again. Pessimistically thinking I think we are slightly improved. Optimistically thinking I think we come close to the playoffs. As always injuries will play a key factor like it does for every team. I hate making predictions because nobody really knows until you know...
No, you are wrong, Nodack. Worm knows.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

🍻