Game Day: Kings (0-0) @ Suns (0-0), Wed 10/23/19

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Game Day: Kings (0-0) @ Suns (0-0), Wed 10/23/19

Post by Split T »

O_Gardino wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:10 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:18 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:49 am
O_Gardino wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:42 am
Split T wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:13 pm
I’m not really into the Igor hate. I’m not upset that we moved on, think this team needs a guy like Monty, but I feel bad for Igor. I don’t think last year was his fault. We set him up to fail unfortunately.
He was awful. I won't harp on it much but he had a better roster than Triano, and his team never even competed.
Agree. I'm harping on it now but I won't any longer. Igor sucked. He never stood up for his team and kept quiet with the officials. Monty was riding the officials a few times last night. I remember watching timeouts and the huddle would have several guys disengaged. I think the language barrier and lack of relating with NBA player culture really hurt Igor more than anything.
I agree with both of you that Igor didn’t do a very good job. I’m just also saying he was given almost an impossible job to do in the first place. I also thought moving on was the right call, I’m just not going to blame Igor for last season. That team sucked, regardless of the coach. I blame Sarver, McD the most...then Igor and the players.

Yes, the roster was slightly better than the roster Triano had, but it was still relying on rookies and teenagers and G league point guards. It’s also not like Triano’s team competed more. They finished 30th in offense and 30th in defense and had essentially the exact same point differential.

It appears Igor struggled with the communication aspects of the job and maybe that makes him more suited to being an assistant.
Triano's team competed way more. They had to tank at the end of the season to get 21 wins. They were 16-26 when we started sitting guys out, and they were competitive in about half of their losses. They sucked, but Triano had their attention and effort from day one.

Igor's team had to go on a hot streak to get 19. Igor never had his team at all. I'm not "blaming" him for any part of last season besides his coaching job, but to me he is there with Watson and Porter as a guy who is just not a head coach.

There's no point in bashing him, so I'll leave it at that.
Your last point is my main point. I just don’t see the need to throw Igor under the bus. He probably wasn’t the right guy for the job and it very well may not have mattered, but he wasn’t given the tools to succeed. But that’s enough Igor talk, I wish him the best with Sacramento.

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:59 am
Shabazz wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:52 am
I still can't believe someone was dumb enough to guarantee Ariza $13M. Did the Kings watch any games of his after our season opener last year? The contract we gave him was, after the fact, one of the worst "veteran presence" signings I've ever seen. Props to his agent.
I’m glad he was booed unmercifully last night.
Why? I have no ill-feelings towards Ariza. He was offered 14 million dollars to play on a crappy team for a season and he took it. We got Oubre out of it so in hindsight Im glad the move was made.

Its not like he's the Morrii or freaking Robert Horry.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Ariza sucked. He never ever looked like he gave a damn. Yes he was on a crappy team. That doesn’t mean you don’t have to put out effort. As far as I am concerned, he owes us money and I am glad they booed.

Split T

Post by Split T »

da_suns_fan wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:40 pm
Superbone wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
I still can't believe someone was dumb enough to guarantee Ariza $13M. Did the Kings watch any games of his after our season opener last year? The contract we gave him was, after the fact, one of the worst "veteran presence" signings I've ever seen. Props to his agent.
Why? I have no ill-feelings towards Ariza. He was offered 14 million dollars to play on a crappy team for a season and he took it. We got Oubre out of it so in hindsight Im glad the move was made.

Its not like he's the Morrii or freaking R****t H***y.
Ya, but he also knew we were signing him to be a vet presence. He was blatantly not trying out there on the court. It worked out and we got Oubre, but Ariza deserved the boos. It’s not the money, it’s that he didn’t try after getting the money.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I forgot to mention it earlier, but I liked Ayton's outlet passing. He was very quick to look for the outlet as soon as he had possession.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Gerald Bourquet from Fansided wrote this synopsis of last night's game:

https://fansided.com/2019/10/24/another ... r-blowout/

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:22 am
Worm wants to watch over a game instead of just peeping the box score and advanced stats ?? :twisted: :P
I used to have NBA League pass. The last year I had it was the season with Hedo at PF. Until then I had watched games religiously. I couldn't justify ~$300 per year to watch the product the Suns have put out since.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

da_suns_fan wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:40 pm
Superbone wrote:
Shabazz wrote:

Its not like he's the Morrii or freaking R****t H***y.
Seriously? The other guys answered for me and it was pretty damn obvious to anybody that watched him in a Suns uniform.
"Be Legendary."