Ayton Possible 25 Game Suspension

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: Ayton Possible 25 Game Suspension

Post by ShelC »

Slept on this, still feels like a bad dream. I don't want to turn completely against Ayton but it's growing hard not to with his BS quotes and now this. You don't accidentally take a diuretic and if he was just covering up for some weed, hell, get the positive test for weed and take the warning. But this is another black mark against the org, against Ayton as a #1 pick, and submarines another season we couldn't afford to mess with.

A larger concern of mine now is, what's the potential fallout with Book? If we can't at least salvage some of this season, he's gotta throw his hands up and just ask out at some point. Or, we're going to work on getting Ayton out of here and bringing in someone like KAT.

25 games is a lot but I feel like we have the talent, depth and leadership in coaching now that we can be competitive and squeeze some wins out. So long as Baynes can play 24-28mpg and not get into foul trouble, it'll go a long way. Frank is Frank so not expecting miracles there but he can stretch and pass as well as any big. Saric may work out of the post a bit more and he's a good passer so we could play off him. Wouldn't mind seeing another big brought in because Diallo is pretty useless IMO. What's Alan Williams up to?

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

I am surprised and disappointed that people are jumping on Ayton. The NBPA is using one of their two challenges to defend him as a case of accidental ingestion and everyone is still assuming the worst?

We are pretty depressing as a fan base. Eeyores all

carey

Post by carey »

virtual9mm wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:50 am
I am surprised and disappointed that people are jumping on Ayton. The NBPA is using one of their two challenges to defend him as a case of accidental ingestion and everyone is still assuming the worst?

We are pretty depressing as a fan base. Eeyores all
He's a professional athlete. He should know the minute detail of every single substance going into his body. It's a failure that should not be excused.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

He's still responsible for what he puts in his body. Could've been an honest mistake, but a 2nd year #1 pick has to know better and be more aware.

Cap

Post by Cap »

virtual9mm wrote:
It’s somewhat telling that the official statement from the Suns gives no credence to the “accidental ingestion” defense.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Cap wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:35 am
virtual9mm wrote:
It’s somewhat telling that the official statement from the Suns gives no credence to the “accidental ingestion” defense.
Yea they know what the deal is. Jones and the FO doesn't seem to show much tolerance for this kind of stuff. Interested to see how it all ends up.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

jonh wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:20 pm
Hey, if any of you are thinking of a last-minute gift idea for me, I have one. I'd like Robert Sarver, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy Halloween slumber over there on Billionare Lane with all the other s*** richpeople, and I want him brought right here, with a big s*** ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, Mother f*** no-good, rotten, Piece of s***, low-life, snake-licking, dirt eating, inbred, overstuffed, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey s*** he is! His s***, biased policies getting in the way of my f*** season following a 9 year stretch of the worst damn basketball this franchise has ever played! Hallelujah! Holy s***!

Where's the Tylenol?
HAHAHA!! Great reference.

Indy

Post by Indy »

SunsRIt wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:49 am
jonh wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:20 pm
Hey, if any of you are thinking of a last-minute gift idea for me, I have one. I'd like Robert Sarver, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy Halloween slumber over there on Billionare Lane with all the other s*** richpeople, and I want him brought right here, with a big s*** ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, Mother f*** no-good, rotten, Piece of s***, low-life, snake-licking, dirt eating, inbred, overstuffed, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey s*** he is! His s***, biased policies getting in the way of my f*** season following a 9 year stretch of the worst damn basketball this franchise has ever played! Hallelujah! Holy s***!

Where's the Tylenol?
HAHAHA!! Great reference.
Ha! I never understood why dog-kissing was in there.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Wally_West wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:02 pm

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/1187545409134256129

TBH, the NBA would have been better off if some of those guys had found a way to enhance their performance.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

This is just going to make it that much harder for Deandre to win over the folks who didn't want him at draft time.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Don't we have a free roster spot? I don't think we need to wait for the league to grant an exception before we sign a backup. We might wait for the appeal to go through, though.

jonh

Post by jonh »

My biggest concern with this injury is that Booker tries to take the team on his back while Ayton is gone and injures himself.

SDC

Post by SDC »

rubio wont be as effective without ayton.

which means booker should handle the ball more.

booker should be the primary ball handler 50-55% of the time, and rubio 45-50% when both are on the court at the same time. Ricky can be a good spot up shooter.
Last edited by SDC on Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Indy

Post by Indy »

O_Gardino wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:40 am
Don't we have a free roster spot? I don't think we need to wait for the league to grant an exception before we sign a backup. We might wait for the appeal to go through, though.
I thought we just had an open two-way spot.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I think we can apply for a roster spot after 5 games. Gambo mentioned something about it last night.

SDC

Post by SDC »

too bad willie reed is going to olympiakos.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

ShelC wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:40 am
Cap wrote:
virtual9mm wrote:
Yea they know what the deal is. Jones and the FO doesn't seem to show much tolerance for this kind of stuff. Interested to see how it all ends up.
Come on -- what else are they supposed to say? And if the NBPA has TWO protests a year, and if they were willing to spend ONE OF THE TWO on this case -- it seems clear that there are some kind of extenuating circumstances at play.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Very rare for a player to be dumb enough to get caught, so they don't need more than 2 a year.

jonh

Post by jonh »

virtual9mm wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:46 am
ShelC wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:40 am
Cap wrote:
virtual9mm wrote:
Come on -- what else are they supposed to say? And if the NBPA has TWO protests a year, and if they were willing to spend ONE OF THE TWO on this case -- it seems clear that there are some kind of extenuating circumstances at play.
I actually think they are using it because Ayton is by far and away the most high-profile player to received the extended suspended for PED use in years (if not ever), rather than the presence of extenuating circumstances.

Im keeping my fingers crossed for a reduction at this point, but certainly not having it rescinded.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya, I’ll wait to see what comes of the appeal before I decide how I feel about it.

I hope it was just an accidental or unknowing ingestion. Not sure why a diuretic would be taken in a professional athlete for anything other than as a masking agent though. Seems like a strange one to accidentally take. Seems more likely he was covering up something. Hopefully he was covering up something like weed and not PED’s.

Still, it’s possible he was just taking supplements that were being given to him by a trainer/nutritionist and one happened to contain a diuretic for some reason.