Ayton Possible 25 Game Suspension

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wally_West

Re: Ayton Possible 25 Game Suspension

Post by Wally_West »

[tweet] [/tweet]

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

SDC wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:08 am
rubio wont be as effective without ayton.

which means booker should handle the ball more.

booker should be the primary ball handler 50-55% of the time, and rubio 45-50% when both are on the court at the same time. Ricky can be a good spot up shooter.
Totally disagree. Rubio is the point guard, not Booker. Booker as the primary ballhandler didn't work too well last year.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Yea we need to tweak the offense for the bigs, not change the guard setup/structure. To be honest, we weren't running 90% of our offense thru Ayton so I wouldn't think a ton would change.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That must be a strong diuretic if it could flush a whole season down the toilet.

Cap

Post by Cap »

virtual9mm wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:46 am
ShelC wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:40 am
Cap wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:35 am
virtual9mm wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:50 am
I am surprised and disappointed that people are jumping on Ayton. The NBPA is using one of their two challenges to defend him as a case of accidental ingestion and everyone is still assuming the worst?
It’s somewhat telling that the official statement from the Suns gives no credence to the “accidental ingestion” defense.
Yea they know what the deal is. Jones and the FO doesn't seem to show much tolerance for this kind of stuff. Interested to see how it all ends up.
Come on -- what else are they supposed to say? And if the NBPA has TWO protests a year, and if they were willing to spend ONE OF THE TWO on this case -- it seems clear that there are some kind of extenuating circumstances at play.
They are not supposed to say they are disappointed in Ayton’s character and that he has betrayed the values of the organization if they think there was any chance this was an innocent mistake.

jonh

Post by jonh »

Cap wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:37 am
virtual9mm wrote:
ShelC wrote:
Cap wrote:
virtual9mm wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:50 am
I am surprised and disappointed that people are jumping on Ayton. The NBPA is using one of their two challenges to defend him as a case of accidental ingestion and everyone is still assuming the worst?
It’s somewhat telling that the official statement from the Suns gives no credence to the “accidental ingestion” defense.
Yea they know what the deal is. Jones and the FO doesn't seem to show much tolerance for this kind of stuff. Interested to see how it all ends up.
Come on -- what else are they supposed to say? And if the NBPA has TWO protests a year, and if they were willing to spend ONE OF THE TWO on this case -- it seems clear that there are some kind of extenuating circumstances at play.
They are not supposed to say they are disappointed in Ayton’s character and that he has betrayed the values of the organization if they think there was any chance this was an innocent mistake.
Agreed--Jones's response is very telling here.

Indy

Post by Indy »

jonh wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:46 am
Cap wrote:
virtual9mm wrote:
ShelC wrote:
Cap wrote:

Yeah. If you thought there was any chance it was a mistake, the statement would read more like 'we are disappointed by the news' or 'disappointed in the test results.' You don't say Ayton fucked up in a press release if you don't believe it.

SDC

Post by SDC »

SunsRIt wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:11 am
SDC wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:08 am
rubio wont be as effective without ayton.

which means booker should handle the ball more.

booker should be the primary ball handler 50-55% of the time, and rubio 45-50% when both are on the court at the same time. Ricky can be a good spot up shooter.
Totally disagree. Rubio is the point guard, not Booker. Booker as the primary ballhandler didn't work too well last year.
rubio may be the point guard, but he does a poor job of creating for himself that it limits his effectiveness in creating shots for others that are not named ayton.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Even if it is a "mistake" in the form of taking a supplement from a trainer, the org would not be happy about him using an outside trainer.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I’m big Ayton defender but this whole situation is inexcusable. Even if it really is a mistake on Ayton’s part, the fact he would take something without knowing exactly what he was taking is insane to me.

I honestly kind of hope it doesn’t get reduced or rescinded, he deserves all the punishment he gets. When he comes back I fully expect for him to come off the bench until he earns his starting spot again and Monty seems like a guy who isn’t afraid to do that. Every accomplishment, every accolade will always have this cloud over it. I hope Ayton learns from this as a person and becomes better. He’s not a kid anymore, he a man and it’s time for him to understand this.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Wally_West wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:06 am
I’m big Ayton defender but this whole situation is inexcusable. Even if it really is a mistake on Ayton’s part, the fact he would take something without knowing exactly what he was taking is insane to me.

I honestly kind of hope it doesn’t get reduced or rescinded, he deserves all the punishment he gets. When he comes back I fully expect for him to come off the bench until he earns his starting spot again and Monty seems like a guy who isn’t afraid to do that. Every accomplishment, every accolade will always have this cloud over it. I hope Ayton learns from this as a person and becomes better. He’s not a kid anymore, he a man and it’s time for him to understand this.
Ayton may deserve what he’s getting but I feel like we fans have paid our dues and then some. We don’t deserve this. Do it for the fans, Silver!

#FREEDEANDRE

jonh

Post by jonh »

One person's insight into having the suspension reduced: Not looking good.

https://arizonasports.com/story/2131505 ... s#comments

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:22 am
Wally_West wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:06 am

Ayton may deserve what he’s getting but I feel like we fans have paid our dues and then some. We don’t deserve this. Do it for the fans, Silver!

#FREEDEANDRE
YEAH!!!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Indy wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:54 am
jonh wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:46 am
Cap wrote:
virtual9mm wrote:
ShelC wrote:

Yeah. If you thought there was any chance it was a mistake, the statement would read more like 'we are disappointed by the news' or 'disappointed in the test results.' You don't say Ayton f*** up in a press release if you don't believe it.
I don't know about all of this. Clutchpoints is saying that after a thorough investigation it was found that the ingestion was unintentional. And I would not think that the NBPA would support a case on grounds it knows to be false. It weakens them in future cases and perhaps even the next CBA negotiations.

If I had to guess, Ayton was trying to train and got an outside trainer who fed him stuff.

This rmwould raise new questions about the Suns' new training staff. Why would he go outside of these guys were good?

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

He can reuse that same response when/if sanctions are imposed on the U of A team :lol:
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

This reminded me of the articles from 2 summers ago about Ayton's miraculous body transformation during his year in college.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan