Ayton Possible 25 Game Suspension

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 2285
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: Ayton Possible 25 Game Suspension

Post by AmareIsGod » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:06 am

Superbone wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:06 pm
SDC wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:55 pm
Once ayton returns, oubre should move to sixth man off the bench
Give it up, SDC. You're like a broken record.
Seriously. How many times is he going to talk about his disdain for Oubre and moving him to the bench? This is the 7th or 8th time he's posted it. Oubre and Ayton don't even play the same position. Who do you start at the SF instead? Bridges?...
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. You got dudes like Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, all these 7-footers, doing everything. There's no stopping us. - Ayton

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 10241
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Ayton Possible 25 Game Suspension

Post by Mori Chu » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:51 am

Obviously we should be starting Jeremy Lin and Derrick Rose as our two guards, too.

User avatar
Cap
Posts: 6100
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Ayton Possible 25 Game Suspension

Post by Cap » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:36 am

Baynes is making a good case for Ayton as sixth man.
JJ will be better than KP when all is said and done [in 2020]. Mark it. — AIG, with Indy betting against

My [2019-20] prediction is better than mid 30s... mark it down! — Superbone

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 15686
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Ayton Possible 25 Game Suspension

Post by Superbone » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:36 am

Cap wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:36 am
Baynes is making a good case for Ayton as sixth man.
At the minimum, he's going to have to earn back the starting role.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing.

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 3412
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Ayton Possible 25 Game Suspension

Post by specialsauce » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:48 am

That’s silly

User avatar
Cap
Posts: 6100
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Ayton Possible 25 Game Suspension

Post by Cap » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:57 pm

Superbone wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:36 am
Cap wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:36 am
Baynes is making a good case for Ayton as sixth man.
At the minimum, he's going to have to earn back the starting role.
Hopefully, he is earning it back. The good news is that he gets to practice with the team during the suspension.
JJ will be better than KP when all is said and done [in 2020]. Mark it. — AIG, with Indy betting against

My [2019-20] prediction is better than mid 30s... mark it down! — Superbone

User avatar
Wally_West
Posts: 2108
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: Ayton Possible 25 Game Suspension

Post by Wally_West » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:00 pm

Split T wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:56 pm
Why would he need to take a diuretic to cover up viagra? Even if he was embarrassed about taking it, the nba isn’t going to test for viagra. Even if they did, it’s not banned, nothing would be reported, no one would ever know. Am I missing something here?
He might’ve not take viagra, it could’ve been some other type of male enhancement pill he took. Apparently male enhancers can have banned substances in them which is why he could’ve took the diuretic.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 8012
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Ayton Possible 25 Game Suspension

Post by Split T » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:47 pm

Wally_West wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:00 pm
Split T wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:56 pm
Why would he need to take a diuretic to cover up viagra? Even if he was embarrassed about taking it, the nba isn’t going to test for viagra. Even if they did, it’s not banned, nothing would be reported, no one would ever know. Am I missing something here?
He might’ve not take viagra, it could’ve been some other type of male enhancement pill he took. Apparently male enhancers can have banned substances in them which is why he could’ve took the diuretic.
Well, then we’re back to him deserving the suspension anyways

User avatar
iLLmatic
Posts: 3305
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:03 pm
Location: Gilbert, Arizona

Re: Ayton Possible 25 Game Suspension

Post by iLLmatic » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:17 pm

Yeah I'm glad Baynes is holding it down by playing out of his mind but we all know this isn't sustainable throughout the entire year. Suggesting Baynes starts over Ayton is silly.

User avatar
Wally_West
Posts: 2108
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: Ayton Possible 25 Game Suspension

Post by Wally_West » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:21 pm

Split T wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:47 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:00 pm
Split T wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:56 pm
Why would he need to take a diuretic to cover up viagra? Even if he was embarrassed about taking it, the nba isn’t going to test for viagra. Even if they did, it’s not banned, nothing would be reported, no one would ever know. Am I missing something here?
He might’ve not take viagra, it could’ve been some other type of male enhancement pill he took. Apparently male enhancers can have banned substances in them which is why he could’ve took the diuretic.
Well, then we’re back to him deserving the suspension anyways
Oh for sure. I think most people think he deserves it, I think the only problem people have is the length of the suspension. Darren Collison got 8 games for domestic battery and Ayton got 25 for a peepee pill. But it is what is...

User avatar
BookTheGoat
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:34 pm

Re: Ayton Possible 25 Game Suspension

Post by BookTheGoat » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:40 pm

JCSunsfan wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:49 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:22 am
Did anyone hear this interview from a few days ago on Bickley and Marotta with Amin Elhassan? He says the rumor around the NBA is that Ayton didn't take the diuretic for a PED but for something embarrassing. Thoughts?

Starts at 2:30
https://arizonasports.com/category/podc ... 26+Marotta
It really sounds like he knew he was going to test positive for THC, which has a slap on the wrist consequence, and took the diuretic to cover it up, which has a severe consequence.
FWIW, I’m a mailman in Scottsdale. Ayton used to rent one of the mansions on a route in my station. The regular on the route told me she would always smell weed when delivering to his house.

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 3412
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Ayton Possible 25 Game Suspension

Post by specialsauce » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:48 pm

Stupid ass kid. You’re in a profession that doesn’t allow it. Just don’t do it. Have some self control

User avatar
JCSunsfan
Posts: 2122
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:22 am

Re: Ayton Possible 25 Game Suspension

Post by JCSunsfan » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:05 pm

BookTheGoat wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:40 pm
JCSunsfan wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:49 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:22 am
Did anyone hear this interview from a few days ago on Bickley and Marotta with Amin Elhassan? He says the rumor around the NBA is that Ayton didn't take the diuretic for a PED but for something embarrassing. Thoughts?

Starts at 2:30
https://arizonasports.com/category/podc ... 26+Marotta
It really sounds like he knew he was going to test positive for THC, which has a slap on the wrist consequence, and took the diuretic to cover it up, which has a severe consequence.
FWIW, I’m a mailman in Scottsdale. Ayton used to rent one of the mansions on a route in my station. The regular on the route told me she would always smell weed when delivering to his house.
I would get ready to trade him then. I firmly believe a pot habit is detrimental to his basketball development.

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 2519
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Ayton Possible 25 Game Suspension

Post by Nodack » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:49 pm

I think if you traded all the NBA players that smoked pot that you would have a big turnover.

User avatar
JCSunsfan
Posts: 2122
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:22 am

Re: Ayton Possible 25 Game Suspension

Post by JCSunsfan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:23 am

Nodack wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:49 pm
I think if you traded all the NBA players that smoked pot that you would have a big turnover.
There is a difference between rare occasional use and "always smelled weed when delivering to his house."

Phoenix219
Posts: 639
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:13 am

Re: Ayton Possible 25 Game Suspension

Post by Phoenix219 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:22 am

Superbone wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:36 am
Cap wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:36 am
Baynes is making a good case for Ayton as sixth man.
At the minimum, he's going to have to earn back the starting role.
Its kind of funny, the parallel seasons have switched. Originally, it was 2004, adding a PG to some pieces we already had, new system, new coach, giant turn around! Now its 2005, the big dumb cocky PF/C is out for an extended amount of time, and the team finds a new C that has some more finesse and can pass the ball and find cutters, and the team comes together and steps up without the superstar. Will there be problems reintegrating when the team is so new and is finding its identity for the first time *without* him?

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 10241
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Ayton Possible 25 Game Suspension

Post by Mori Chu » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:22 am

I don't mind if a player smokes weed. Many athletes derive a substantial pain relief benefit from marijuana. Being in pro sports is hard on one's body and leads to lots of pain and soreness. I'd much rather he self-medicated with weed than pain pills or alcohol or whatever.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 8012
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Ayton Possible 25 Game Suspension

Post by Split T » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:07 am

JCSunsfan wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:23 am
Nodack wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:49 pm
I think if you traded all the NBA players that smoked pot that you would have a big turnover.
There is a difference between rare occasional use and "always smelled weed when delivering to his house."
It’s also like a 3rd hand account from someone who didn’t actually have details of what was going on. I’m not just gonna assume Ayton is a total pothead based off this.

Maybe Josh Jackson was living with him, haha

User avatar
Nodack
Posts: 2519
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Re: Ayton Possible 25 Game Suspension

Post by Nodack » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:45 am

I think alcohol is much worse for you than weed. They should test for alcohol and suspend anyone caught having a Bud Light in their system before suspending them for a regular Bud imo. 6 Americans die every day from alcohol poisoning. An estimated 88,0006 people (approximately 62,000 men and 26,000 women) die from alcohol-related causes annually, making alcohol the third leading preventable cause of death in the United States. The first is tobacco, and the second is poor diet and physical inactivity.

Not a single soul has ever died from weed. There have been a few deaths recently from vaping but the cause wasn’t the weed, it was from the filler stuff they put with it and it was black market stuff.

Antilles
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:17 am

Re: Ayton Possible 25 Game Suspension

Post by Antilles » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:59 pm

That may be true, Nodack!
BUT:
Weed is regarded as a gateway drug. At least here in Austria. That‘s why, you can‘t legally purchase it.

Post Reply