Suns News: Week 2 10/28-11/3

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 15686
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns News: Week 2 10/28-11/3

Post by Superbone » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:25 pm

Come here and play the right way and you'll be fine. Maybe even exalted.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing.

User avatar
In2ition
Posts: 5710
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 2 10/28-11/3

Post by In2ition » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:28 pm

O_Gardino wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:06 pm
This team has earned all the respect and high expectations we can give them. They are as good as In2 thought they would be.
Thank you! I just need Indy to admit I wasn't actually unrealistic, haha.
"30 wins would be an extremely disappointing season" yeah, I said it and I mean it.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 15686
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns News: Week 2 10/28-11/3

Post by Superbone » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:51 pm

RIP Al Bianchi

Image

He spent 23 years with the team as an assistant coach and scout, including as a member of the coaching staff that let the "Sundarella Suns" to the 1976 Western Conference Title and first NBA Finals appearance in franchise history.

He'll now be throwing that clipboard in the sky.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing.

User avatar
The Bobster
Posts: 3861
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:04 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Suns News: Week 2 10/28-11/3

Post by The Bobster » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:52 pm

Superbone wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:51 pm
RIP Al Bianchi
Indeed. Al was a favorite!
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 15686
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns News: Week 2 10/28-11/3

Post by Superbone » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:56 pm

The Bobster wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:52 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:51 pm
RIP Al Bianchi
Indeed. Al was a favorite!
Wasn't he the one that uttered the immortal words, "F#&% Richie Powers!"?
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing.

User avatar
Cap
Posts: 6100
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 2 10/28-11/3

Post by Cap » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:18 pm

Superbone wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:56 pm
The Bobster wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:52 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:51 pm
RIP Al Bianchi
Indeed. Al was a favorite!
Wasn't he the one that uttered the immortal words, "F#&% Richie Powers!"?
He had it engraved on a ring, commemorating the stolen game.

Then the ring was stolen.
JJ will be better than KP when all is said and done [in 2020]. Mark it. — AIG, with Indy betting against

My [2019-20] prediction is better than mid 30s... mark it down! — Superbone

User avatar
Shabazz
Posts: 3784
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 2 10/28-11/3

Post by Shabazz » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:48 pm

I saw Dave King call our center rotation "Frank & Baynes" and I absolutely love it.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 15686
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns News: Week 2 10/28-11/3

Post by Superbone » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:54 pm

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:48 pm
I saw Dave King call our center rotation "Frank & Baynes" and I absolutely love it.
If you say it with an Australian accent, it's even better.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing.

User avatar
Democritus
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:00 pm
Location: Somewhere in Anatolia

Re: Suns News: Week 2 10/28-11/3

Post by Democritus » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:14 am

Stupid masking agent cost us 2 games :evil:
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 9106
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 2 10/28-11/3

Post by Indy » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:11 am

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:52 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:45 pm
Gambo is so unprofessional. I cringe when I see one of his tweets, knowing that he's so close to the team. I hope players never read his tweets and then assume that the team agrees with them or that he speaks for the Suns.
What's wrong with the Tweet?
What he is saying is fine for a blow hard sports radio guy. But @ing Ariza is just douchey.

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 15686
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: Escondido, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Suns News: Week 2 10/28-11/3

Post by Superbone » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:36 am

Indy wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:11 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:52 pm
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:45 pm
Gambo is so unprofessional. I cringe when I see one of his tweets, knowing that he's so close to the team. I hope players never read his tweets and then assume that the team agrees with them or that he speaks for the Suns.
What's wrong with the Tweet?
What he is saying is fine for a blow hard sports radio guy. But @ing Ariza is just douchey.
I agree that he didn't need to @ him.
Wormwood/Superbone 2019/2020 season bet: Suns win < 30 games, Wormwood wins, else 'Bone wins. 1 month avatar shame starting July 1st of winner's choosing.

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 5094
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Suns News: Week 2 10/28-11/3

Post by ShelC » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:10 pm

In wingtips!!!! Still got it!


User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 10241
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Suns News: Week 2 10/28-11/3

Post by Mori Chu » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:17 pm

We should sign him.

User avatar
Wally_West
Posts: 2108
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 2 10/28-11/3

Post by Wally_West » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:39 pm





User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 5094
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Suns News: Week 2 10/28-11/3

Post by ShelC » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:08 pm


User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 10241
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Suns News: Week 2 10/28-11/3

Post by Mori Chu » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:33 pm

What do you guys think of Dario Saric's play so far? He's had a bit of a slow start, averaging 8.0 ppg on 39.0 fg%, 5.8 rpg, 2.0 ast in 27 minutes/game. I thought his first couple games were pretty dreadful, but he's been slowly acclimating himself to the team. I still have hopes for him. The emergence of Kaminsky complicates things a bit for him, but I think we can find plenty of minutes for both of them, especially with Ayton out. We seem to have a big man rotation of Baynes/Saric/Kaminsky with a bit of Cam Johnson sprinkled in.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... cda01.html

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 2526
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Suns News: Week 2 10/28-11/3

Post by Flagrant Fowl » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:39 pm

I really liked the stretch last night were Saric was playing as a point-forward. I couldn't watch long stretches of the game so I only saw it on a few possessions, but he has a great feel for passing the ball and running a pick and roll. Shooting will always be an issue for him it seems. He becomes too hesitant if he misses some shots early, but he looks great if he hits a couple. Almost like he relaxes more and stops thinking so much on offense.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 9106
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 2 10/28-11/3

Post by Indy » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:51 pm

I am not sure when the big shot hitting will end (he shot better from 3 than from 2 last year, by a country mile), but as long as we have other guys that can score AND move the ball when he is out there, Carter has looked really good.His attitude is great, too.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 9106
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 2 10/28-11/3

Post by Indy » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:54 pm

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:39 pm
I really liked the stretch last night were Saric was playing as a point-forward. I couldn't watch long stretches of the game so I only saw it on a few possessions, but he has a great feel for passing the ball and running a pick and roll. Shooting will always be an issue for him it seems. He becomes too hesitant if he misses some shots early, but he looks great if he hits a couple. Almost like he relaxes more and stops thinking so much on offense.
I would never have guessed that Frank #3 would be our most productive front court player through 4 games, and it wouldn't be close. Frank is 3 in points scored, first in rebounds, and 4th in assists, and 3rd in minutes played.

User avatar
Indy
Posts: 9106
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Suns News: Week 2 10/28-11/3

Post by Indy » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:56 pm

I should have mentioned that Baynes is leading our team in 3P% by a long shot.

Post Reply