Suns News: Week 3 11/4-11/10

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Nodack

Re: Suns News: Week 3 11/4-11/10

Post by Nodack »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:08 pm
carey wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:02 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:54 am
Ayton is 1/3rd of the way through his suspension. Even if we just play .500 ball over the remaining suspension games, we should be 14-12 or 15-11 when he returns. Primed for a legit playoff run. With the way we’ve been playing though, 16/17 wins is very obtainable. This is a great team that seems to be exceeding even our most optimistic posters expectations. It’s gonna be a fun year!
I hope so. Does anyone else have the feeling in the back of their mind that something is going to happen to derail this run that we're on? A Booker injury or perhaps another Instagram model's baby? Maybe Rubio gets fed up with the Scottsdale nightlife and elopes with a sugar mama to Barcelona?
My one concern is Ayton getting worked back in and us not playing as well as when Baynes is out there. I don't think it'll be a major issue but it'd be an interesting situation.
I am not very worried. Ayton/Baynes trumps Baynes/Kaminsky imo. I don’t care who starts between the two. Having two badazz centers is better than one badazz center and a so so PF playing center.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

carey wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:02 pm
Does anyone else have the feeling in the back of their mind that something is going to happen to derail this run that we're on? A Booker injury or perhaps another Instagram model's baby? Maybe Rubio gets fed up with the Scottsdale nightlife and elopes with a sugar mama to Barcelona?
My fear is always OGW/injury. We have some veteran guys in Baynes and Rubio who played this summer in the world championships, and now they're playing significant minutes for us every night. I could see one of them wearing out and sustaining an injury, most likely Rubio IMO. And Booker has a history of being a bit fragile, so you never know with him. In terms of players crashing down to Earth, the most obvious candidate for that is Baynes, who is playing way over his head. But if we keep getting him easy open shots, why shouldn't he hit them?

For me the thing I just worry about is a Rubio injury, since he sets up so many of the other guys. Rubio goes down, suddenly guys like Baynes, Saric, and Oubre aren't getting open looks and clean passes, so all of them become less effective. Other than that I think we're playing smart ball and doing the right things, and I think what we're doing is generally sustainable.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

That’s every team’s fear. I might get in a car crash tomorrow. Or not.

jonh

Post by jonh »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:07 am
That’s every team’s fear. I might get in a car crash tomorrow. Or not.
Well, in Bookers case, we can say that he has crashed his car both last year and the year before. Given his driving history, worrying about a future car crash this year is warranted.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I knew about his weakness for women but, not his bad driving. You would think someone with that much dexterity could drive a car. Then again most 20 year old males have a lot of testosterone and that translates into aggressive driving until about 26. Kind of like all puppies chew everything their first year.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:26 pm
I knew about his weakness for women but, not his bad driving. You would think someone with that much dexterity could drive a car. Then again most 20 year old males have a lot of testosterone and that translates into aggressive driving until about 26. Kind of like all puppies chew everything their first year.
I don't think jon was talking about a literal car crash. I'm pretty sure it was an injury analogy.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

On drives, he safely gets where he’s going about 67% of the time. Good on the basketball court, not so good on the road.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Am too slow. I remember I bit years ago on the “chihuahuas are direct descendants of rats” thread.