Suns News: Week 4 11/11-11/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Suns News: Week 4 11/11-11/17

Post by Split T »

Lecque responds to the .netters who don’t believe in his jumpshot ;)

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Like Split has said, Lecque's shot isn't broken. The release is pretty consistent and he gets plenty of arch on the shot. The parts that concern me are the elevation he gets on his long range shots and the Marion-esque chicken wing with his right elbow. I worry that it'll be difficult for him to be a consistent shooter because both of those movements are difficult to repeat on every shot.

I also loved the travel on the second highlight. Great job by the official on that one. :lol:
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

carey

Post by carey »

Flagrant Fowl wrote: I also loved the travel on the second highlight. Great job by the official on that one. :lol:
One skip and a hop step.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Was going to say the same thing about that right elbow. And he's shooting from his forehead which usually leads to a push shot/linedrive but he is getting nice arc and is snapping his wrist at the top of the shot. Just gotta see how it shakes out.

He's a phenomenal athlete tho. Just effortless.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

ShelC wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:27 pm
He's a phenomenal athlete tho. Just effortless.
I'm sure he'll do it, but he's gotta put on a fair bit of muscle. He looks passable in the G-League, but he'd get bullied a lot in the NBA right now.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

He had a nice game. But it's always hard to judge those highlights because the defense being played is so poor. They just let guys dribble right into the paint and put up easy layups. It's great if he can slash to the basket, but he'll need shooting, passing, court awareness, bball IQ, etc. against real NBA opponents. Hope he keeps working on it.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:21 pm
He had a nice game. But it's always hard to judge those highlights because the defense being played is so poor. They just let guys dribble right into the paint and put up easy layups. It's great if he can slash to the basket, but he'll need shooting, passing, court awareness, bball IQ, etc. against real NBA opponents. Hope he keeps working on it.
At least its against men rather than High schoolers. Some made comparisons to jackson, but he was stinking it up in summer league play. At least Lacque isnt always going one on 3
The shot needs work but it seems he is working on it as its changed since preseason.
I do wonder if we a fighting for the playoffs, how much patience we have to hold a roster spot for him to develop?
Say they had to cut someone to make room for a vet who can contribute, who goes out of lecque, okobo, Diallo, Carter?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'd say Okobo but let's cross that bridge when we get to it.

jonh

Post by jonh »

Danimal wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:24 am
Mori Chu wrote:
At least its against men rather than High schoolers. Some made comparisons to jackson, but he was stinking it up in summer league play. At least Lacque isnt always going one on 3
The shot needs work but it seems he is working on it as its changed since preseason.
I do wonder if we a fighting for the playoffs, how much patience we have to hold a roster spot for him to develop?
Say they had to cut someone to make room for a vet who can contribute, who goes out of lecque, okobo, Diallo, Carter?
Jackson is doing well in the G-league:
https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/ ... 560198001/

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

jonh wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:20 am
Danimal wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:24 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Jackson is doing well in the G-league:
https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/ ... 560198001/
They don't even have a picture of him in a Griz uniform. :lol:
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

Jackson’s got a lot of talent, but he also needs to show it against nba competition. He’s in year 3 after being a #4 pick in a pretty strong draft. He should be dominating the g league. Perhaps his career being at risk will cause him to shape up his off court issues, but as of now, that’s still a very real concern as well. Memphis will bring him up to the nba at some point, we’ll see how he does.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

All the things that are wrong with Lecque's shot are very fixable if he works on them with a good trainer. He has the body and the skills to be really good. The only thing between him and success is some hard work.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:25 pm
Jackson’s got a lot of talent, but he also needs to show it against nba competition. He’s in year 3 after being a #4 pick in a pretty strong draft. He should be dominating the g league. Perhaps his career being at risk will cause him to shape up his off court issues, but as of now, that’s still a very real concern as well. Memphis will bring him up to the nba at some point, we’ll see how he does.
Not sure he will be back. They specifically say in the article that it is his offcourt stuff they are keeping an eye on to see if/when he comes back. Not a good sign.

Didn't they let his 4th year option go?

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:52 pm
Lecque responds to the .netters who don’t believe in his jumpshot ;)

I'm not saying I don't think he can develop a consistent J, I'm just saying it is ultimately the #1 thing that will determine whether he plays in the NBA. Whether he develops one or not is anybody's guess.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:35 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:25 pm
Not sure he will be back. They specifically say in the article that it is his offcourt stuff they are keeping an eye on to see if/when he comes back. Not a good sign.

Didn't they let his 4th year option go?
Yes they let it go. My guess is he’ll be on his best behavior until he gets the call up. Whether he falls back into his old habits later will be the real question.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I enjoyed this one as much as their convo with Nash. On the other hand, I had to turn it off a few times because of how pissed I was getting while listening to them talk about the FO totally fucking up the 2004-05 team in the off-season.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Yeah, these videos are great and infuriating at the same time.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."