Game Day: Hawks (4-6) @ Suns (6-4), Thurs 11/14/19

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
BookTheGoat

Re: Game Day: Hawks (4-6) @ Suns (6-4), Thurs 11/14/19

Post by BookTheGoat »

ShelC wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:56 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:46 pm
ShelC wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:32 am
Tyler Johnson has been kind of hit or miss so far and last night was a miss. He can be pretty inconsistent over the course of a season.
Tyler was a +22 last night only behind Kaminsky's +29. Next closest was Oubre with +14.
Ehhh, he was 0-2 with 5 assists. Yea we were winning when he was out there, but I wouldn't say he affected the game to the tune of +22.
I thought he did the best job on Trae.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:59 am
LazarusLong wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:49 am
I'm ok with Trae Young getting his ESPN highlight.

Suns won the game ... that's what counts.

It's a good sign that different players are major contributors on varying nights.

Williams will have an interesting dilemma when Ty Jerome is healthy, and is available to be integrated (gradually) into the rotation.
Another good "problem" will be providing equitable minutes for Oubre, Bridges and Cam Johnson.
Plus the return and redeployment of Ayton.

It's not quite an embarrassment of riches, but it's a far cry from the roster full of stiffs we've seen in recent years.
In one year we have gone from starting g-league players to trying to figure out how to work in our #1 pick to a rotation that already includes a guy playing like a top 10 center in the game.
It’s a beautiful thing really. So many useful pieces.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

We could have really used Ayton in a few games where we played against trees, such as the Hawks game.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:03 am
We could have really used Ayton in a few games where we played against trees, such as the Hawks game.
Yeah, he'd have really smoked'em.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

He would have smoked something...

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:03 am
He would have saw to it that we cut them down.
"Be Legendary."

Pips

Post by Pips »

Alex Len was back to being terrible on Saturday, finishing with just five points, three rebounds, one assist and two turnovers in 18 minutes off the bench.

He totally deserved boos, while playing for Suns, he deflect his spine under basket like madman, and now he is dunking, destroying other players under same basket.

jonh

Post by jonh »

I would have loved to see these last few draft picks in a stable environment, with consistent coaches/trainers/GM. Imagine coming to the suns during McD's tenure with flaws in your game and try to improve under 3 different head coaches, all of whom had never coached before, and alongside other 19 year olds and old vets collecting a paycheck.

I don't hold any animosity towards Len or any Sun over the last few years whose last name isn't Morris.

Indy

Post by Indy »

jonh wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:11 pm
I would have loved to see these last few draft picks in a stable environment, with consistent coaches/trainers/GM. Imagine coming to the suns during McD's tenure with flaws in your game and try to improve under 3 different head coaches, all of whom had never coached before, and alongside other 19 year olds and old vets collecting a paycheck.

I don't hold any animosity towards Len or any Sun over the last few years whose last name isn't Morris.
This is exactly where I am at, too.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

jonh wrote:

I generally agree with this. I do think some of our guys like Len, Bender, Chriss, and Josh Jackson could have amounted to more in a system that was better suited to teaching them and breaking their bad habits. Bender in particular seems like a missed opportunity to me. But we all know we should have drafted Sabonis that year, anyway!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:05 pm
jonh wrote:

I generally agree with this. I do think some of our guys like Len, Bender, Chriss, and Josh Jackson could have amounted to more in a system that was better suited to teaching them and breaking their bad habits. Bender in particular seems like a missed opportunity to me. But we all know we should have drafted Sabonis that year, anyway!
I blame McD more than the players. They just weren't very good and there were better options available. Obviously, Bogdanovich would have been much better for us than Chriss. I wouldn't blame all or even most of it on the environment.
"Be Legendary."