Game Day: Suns (7-5) @ Kings (5-7), Tues 11/19/19

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
djy2j

Re: Game Day: Suns (7-5) @ Kings (5-7), Tues 11/19/19

Post by djy2j »

I think I’ve had a enough of Frank the clank. He’s exactly what I thought he’d be here. Soft, streaky shooter, turnstile defense, can’t be relied upon in heavy minutes. He collected a few points at the end to make his box score look formidable but his play was lousy...again

Okobo held it down...kinda. He had some assists. I think his best skill is being able to drive wildly and then miraculously hit an open man. Kinda uncanny really. Maybe this is a building block for him. My biggest critique is that even after a full year and many years of international play he still looks “skakey” running a team.

You’d think Saric was our best player the way it feels like plays are drawn up for him in the first half of games. Now if he could just start making those shots...

It haunts me that just a few games ago EJ mentioned Tyler Johnson should be in the earlier conversation for 6th man...yeesh

I like the aggressiveness of Booker and Kelly(at times) on offense tonight. Just too little too late from this team tonight.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:20 pm
Get Diallo in there.
Good call.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:57 pm
Lot of pessimism in this thread. I'm shame-tagging all of you after we whoop them tonight.
You were saying?
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Trade idea: Elie for Harry Giles

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

We were missing two centers and our PG. I am not surprised they struggled. Glad yo see Diallo get some PT. He’s a little rough but you can’t teach height. He should be Baynes BU until Ayton comes back.

Split T

Post by Split T »

djy2j wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:57 pm
I think I’ve had a enough of Frank the clank. He’s exactly what I thought he’d be here. Soft, streaky shooter, turnstile defense, can’t be relied upon in heavy minutes. He collected a few points at the end to make his box score look formidable but his play was lousy...again

Okobo held it down...kinda. He had some assists. I think his best skill is being able to drive wildly and then miraculously hit an open man. Kinda uncanny really. Maybe this is a building block for him. My biggest critique is that even after a full year and many years of international play he still looks “skakey” running a team.

You’d think Saric was our best player the way it feels like plays are drawn up for him in the first half of games. Now if he could just start making those shots...

It haunts me that just a few games ago EJ mentioned Tyler Johnson should be in the earlier conversation for 6th man...yeesh

I like the aggressiveness of Booker and Kelly(at times) on offense tonight. Just too little too late from this team tonight.

He only started playing pg in the last year before he was drafted. He’s also only 21/22, so it’s not like he’s been playing at high levels for years.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Wow that really sucked to see.

Really telling that Monty didn't play Carter a single minute this game, even missing Rubio for most of it. It goes back to his quote after last game about our problem was not running our offense.

You can see how we don't seem to know how to play defense without Baynes yelling to everyone for every play he is on the court. He is the heart of our defense, and also the voice. We just looked lost without him on that side of the floor.

Not sure what is going on with Devin...

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:37 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:57 pm
Lot of pessimism in this thread. I'm shame-tagging all of you after we whoop them tonight.
You were saying?
I just forgot to mention that I grew up in rural Uzbekistan, where "whoop" means, "get soundly thrashed by."