The Luka Doncic is Great, Woe is Us thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
BigLewy

Re: The Luka Doncic is Great, Woe is Us thread

Post by BigLewy »

The one time the Suns get the top pick and they appear to have naturally f'ed it up. I remember thinking to myself before the lottery how it would be great to have the second or third pick just to make the pick that much easier. If Luka goes one, you take Ayton at 2, and vice versa. Hopefully Ayton comes back from his suspension and lives up to all of his talk.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ayton out after only one game back. fml. Woe is us.
"Be Legendary."

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

If you had a do over of the draft where would Ayton go now? (Not factoring team needs, regardless of which team was drafting where etc)

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Gladiator wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:18 pm
If you had a do over of the draft where would Ayton go now? (Not factoring team needs, regardless of which team was drafting where etc)
Anywhere between second and fourth.

My top 5:
Doncic
Ayton/SGA
JJJ
Trae Young
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Luka who?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Cap

Post by Cap »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:38 pm
Luka who?
He lives on the second floor. He lives upstairs from you. I think you’ve seen him before.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:38 pm
Luka who?
:P
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Bridges and Ayton did really well defending Doncic. About as well as could be reasonably expected.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

They held him 8 points 3 rebounds and 7 assists under his average. That's good defense. No qualifiers needed.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

And Ayton is getting better every game. I wonder what we will be saying about this topic in a few more years.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:24 am
But...Indy told me he can't play defense? I'm confused.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Something something, box out.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:56 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:24 am
But...Indy told me he can't play defense? I'm confused.
I said that about Booker. And I didn't say can't. I said doesn't. That is what is stopping him from being considered the 1st or 2nd best guard in the league. He is capable of it.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Ayton has been really effective on defense this season. I posted some stats showing how he's keeping players at very low %s. Can't complain at all, especially considering how bad he was last syear, wich reveals tremendous improvement.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:15 pm
Ayton has been really effective on defense this season. I posted some stats showing how he's keeping players at very low %s. Can't complain at all, especially considering how bad he was last syear, wich reveals tremendous improvement.
agreed. The early numbers in extremely limited minutes are still holding up, which is great to see. He is getting much better about not bringing his arms down. Still happens too much, but getting better. (He needs to learn to do that on offense too)

phatmike

Post by phatmike »

Indy wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:17 pm
Ring_Wanted wrote:
agreed. The early numbers in extremely limited minutes are still holding up, which is great to see. He is getting much better about not bringing his arms down. Still happens too much, but getting better. (He needs to learn to do that on offense too)
I don't disagree with your keeping arms up comment... just wanted to point out that there have been cases this year where DA looks simply gassed. I still think he's rounding into shape and I think that with that he will have more energy to do a lot of things we want him to do... battle for position, block out, arms up, etc. He has been given such an athletic frame, but it a very large one - the energy demands to move it like we want him to must be tremendous.

Indy

Post by Indy »

phatmike wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:56 pm
Indy wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:
I don't disagree with your keeping arms up comment... just wanted to point out that there have been cases this year where DA looks simply gassed. I still think he's rounding into shape and I think that with that he will have more energy to do a lot of things we want him to do... battle for position, block out, arms up, etc. He has been given such an athletic frame, but it a very large one - the energy demands to move it like we want him to must be tremendous.
that is fair. But he is literally paid 10 million dollars as a 21 year old to play basketball. He needs to be in good enough shape to do that.

phatmike

Post by phatmike »

Indy wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:03 pm
phatmike wrote:
Indy wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:
that is fair. But he is literally paid 10 million dollars as a 21 year old to play basketball. He needs to be in good enough shape to do that.
Won't deny that!

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:03 pm
phatmike wrote:
Indy wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:
Tyler Johnson is paid 19.25 million dollars to cheer from the bench and/or come in and provide nothing.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton