Game Day: Suns (10-11) @ Rockets (14-7), Sat 12/7/19

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
bajanguy008

Re: Game Day: Suns (10-11) @ Rockets (14-7), Sat 12/7/19

Post by bajanguy008 »

Wow
I don't believe the guys tonight

This a bad loss all things considered sigh
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

15-25 from the free throw line. 60%.

Sh-t
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Kaminsky, Dario and Diallo, 0-0 from the free throw line.
Whatever happened to big men taking it strong to the hoop?
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

LazarusLong wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:28 pm
Kaminsky could not possibly take it softer to the hoop.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:00 pm
LazarusLong wrote:
Or slower.
"Be Legendary."

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

Missed FT and easy layups cost us the game...Proud of Booker who stood up against Harden...
Last edited by Democritus on Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Another hard fought, entertaining game. Went back and forth, Rockets would go on a run and we'd battle back. But kind of the same old story at this point - we just don't have the bigs up front to give us an advantage so rebounding, interior defense and shots around the rim are doing us in.

I think Book is rounding into form and finding his spots. I liked him going at Harden last night. Bridges seems to be getting it together offensively. The rest of the guys played their usual games - Kelly, Rubio, Dario, Cam...could've done with Rubio taking 16 shots. Thought we did a good job on Harden even tho he got bailed out by the refs. Westbrook is unstoppable in the open court which we struggled with. McLemore went off and was the difference in the 1st half. Ty Jerome struggled again with the speed and physicality of the game I thought. Didn't think it was that big of a problem in preseason so maybe he's still getting into shape, but he'll be at a disadvantage most nights I think. I wonder if Okobo or Carter might've helped frustrate McLemore or Westbrook a bit but you can't play everyone. Monty obviously wants to try and get Ty going for now.

Still love how this team battles, make adjustments and believes they can win no matter the score or who's on the court playing. Testament to the group and the coaches because this has been a real tough stretch and the wheels could have come off. I get the frustration with losses, lapses in play, Dario and Frank getting so many minutes but there's legit silver lining in that we're hanging with all the best teams despite relying on Frank and Dario for so much production.

We're 4 games away from getting Ayton back and Baynes will hopefully be back soon. The real disappointment will be if they come back and we regress or stay a .500 team.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

I think ej said it was like watching a middle school pickup line. Our front line and at times Rubio blow a bunch of lay ups
Had a opportunity to pinch this one but not so.
Can we start Diallo yet? Are we worried about hurting Franks feelings or something ?

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Shabazz wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:00 pm
LazarusLong wrote:
Ayton will seem like an aggressive monster after watching these guys.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Russell Westbrook always kills us. Every single time.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Danimal wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:42 am
I think ej said it was like watching a middle school pickup line. Our front line and at times Rubio blow a bunch of lay ups
Can we start Diallo yet? Are we worried about hurting Franks feelings or something ?[b/]

+1

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Danimal wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:42 am
Can we start Diallo yet? Are we worried about hurting Franks feelings or something ?
Waiting for the Scooby Doo ending where we unzip the Kaminsky disguise only to find it was Luke Zeller in there all along.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

carey

Game Day: Suns (10-11) @ Rockets (14-7), Sat 12/7/19

Post by carey »

If Ayton and Baynes come back strong we should actually look at 3rd guard at the trade deadline. Tyler has been awful and Jerome isn't ready. Okobo actually has the best rpm of the bench but Monty seems content to play him sporadic minutes. Carter can be useful in spot minutes too. I'm thinking a 6th man type guard that can take the scoring load off of Booker. Papi was supposed to do it but it hasn't worked out.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Supposedly Baynes will play the next game. If he does that would be great. I think Diallo has earned a spot behind him and Ayton.

Point guards? Rubio, Jerome, Tyler, Okobo, Carter, Leque, Harper. It seems like we have a lot more point guards than anything else. We have been playing without a center or with just the third string center coming off the bench. Maybe we could use a better BU PG than what we have but, we have a plethora of PG’s already. I think we are ok on guards at the moment. They aren’t horrible. Maybe if we can package a few pg’s and turn it into someone solid. I could get behind that.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I was thinking about a scoring/SG off the bench to give some juice to the 2nd unit. I think that's what Monty is looking for from Jerome as well given his shooting and playmaking but he's obviously still a rook learning to play point.

In terms of trades, off the top of my head I thought about Trier with the Knicks, a cheap 2nd yr player from Arizona. He showed some flashes last year as a scorer but got buried on the bench this year. The Knicks are in disarray at the moment and no one knows what they're planning (trade assets and tank or try and compete the rest of the way). Trier might not be exactly what we're looking for either. He's more of a volume/ISO scorer but could be a real nice fit for us if he can develop and buy into the system.

carey

Post by carey »

ShelC wrote:I was thinking about a scoring/SG off the bench to give some juice to the 2nd unit. I think that's what Monty is looking for from Jerome as well given his shooting and playmaking but he's obviously still a rook learning to play point.
That's what I meant. A Lou Williams or even Barbosa type.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

carey wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:26 am
ShelC wrote:I was thinking about a scoring/SG off the bench to give some juice to the 2nd unit. I think that's what Monty is looking for from Jerome as well given his shooting and playmaking but he's obviously still a rook learning to play point.
Patty mills anyone

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:42 am
I was thinking about a scoring/SG off the bench to give some juice to the 2nd unit. I think that's what Monty is looking for from Jerome as well given his shooting and playmaking but he's obviously still a rook learning to play point.

In terms of trades, off the top of my head I thought about Trier with the Knicks, a cheap 2nd yr player from Arizona. He showed some flashes last year as a scorer but got buried on the bench this year. The Knicks are in disarray at the moment and no one knows what they're planning (trade assets and tank or try and compete the rest of the way). Trier might not be exactly what we're looking for either. He's more of a volume/ISO scorer but could be a real nice fit for us if he can develop and buy into the system.
I loathed Trier at U of A. He always seemed to chuck up a ton of bad shots and hog the ball. I don't think I would want him here.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Danimal wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:13 am
carey wrote:
Patty mills anyone
How about a combo of Patty Mills and Davis Bertans in obviously two separate trades?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:22 pm
Danimal wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:13 am
carey wrote:
Patty mills anyone
How about a combo of Patty Mills and Davis Bertans in obviously two separate trades?
Would that be considered a Spur of the moment decision?
"Be Legendary."