Around the League: Week 8 12/9-12/15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Around the League: Week 8 12/9-12/15

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:39 am
Kings's loss to the Knicks was as bad as ours to the Grizz, so that's helpful. Blazers will scrap but I don't think Melo's their answer. Still think the Mavs are overrated.
I was thinking the same thing about the King's loss.
"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:39 am
Still think the Mavs are overrated.
I don't understand why you are so committed to this take. In the offseason, it was a curious one; now it is inexplicable.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I don't think their roleplayers hold up in a 7 game playoffs series. Plus they've had a soft schedule.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I thought they were overrated coming into the season, but they’ve been quite a bit better than I expected. Especially Luka. They are definitely a playoff team...I don’t expect them to win a series though.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Cap

Post by Cap »

SDC wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:00 pm
Paging Doctor Strange...

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Dear God, please no to Amare.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Amare was one of my favorite players.
But he's done. He's toast. Yesterday's news. A typewriter in a digital age...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Looks like Jrue Holiday is going to move by the deadline. the national media wants him to go to a contender, of course.

What would it take for us to get him? Tyler + Bridges or Cam, right? Pels would also want good picks.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya, probably too much at this point. I love Jrue, and he’d make a great backcourt trio with Booker/Rubio, but I don’t think we have enough to get him. Don’t think Tyler/Bridges/1st gets it done.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I know they're not winning but is Jrue the problem? Are they looking to just dump for capspace and picks? Doesn't get better than Johnson deal coming off the books. Not sure I'd want Jrue plus Rubio and Book.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The Suns really should go after Jrue. He can fill the biggest need at this moment. He can play 3 positions and backup if he needs all three. If they don't have Booker or Rubio, he can move in just fine. The guy is a good defender, can drive to the basket, pass and shoot if needed. I'm sure there will be some that will say something like, "You can't pay $65 million to your backcourt." I think you are going to have to pay that somewhere, whether it's the backcourt of frontcourt. Idk if you can realistically win in Phoenix on a budget salary below the cap. At least make the $19 mil paid to Tyler somehow productive.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

What would you offer for him? I find it difficult to make an offer NO would take.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:54 am
The Suns really should go after Jrue. He can fill the biggest need at this moment. He can play 3 positions and backup if he needs all three. If they don't have Booker or Rubio, he can move in just fine. The guy is a good defender, can drive to the basket, pass and shoot if needed. I'm sure there will be some that will say something like, "You can't pay $65 million to your backcourt." I think you are going to have to pay that somewhere, whether it's the backcourt of frontcourt. Idk if you can realistically win in Phoenix on a budget salary below the cap. At least make the $19 mil paid to Tyler somehow productive.
I am assuming we have to pay someone to be our starting PF next year, right? How do we do that if we have that much tied up in Jrue?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:31 pm
In2ition wrote:
I am assuming we have to pay someone to be our starting PF next year, right? How do we do that if we have that much tied up in Jrue?
Can you not go over the cap for Saric? I assume that the Suns can match anything for him.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:47 pm
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Can you not go over the cap for Saric? I assume that the Suns can match anything for him.
Yep, but is that what we want at the 4 going forward?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:07 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:47 pm
Indy wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Yep, but is that what we want at the 4 going forward?
Feels like he's the best PF the Suns have had since...idk Amare? Do you have a better plan? Would you rather have Gallo & draft pick, instead of Jrue & Saric? I don't even know if they could sign Gallo.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't think it'd be worth it to go after Jrue. NO wants a high price for him and is only reluctantly willing to part with him. I don't see any reason to pay a premium price when we already have nice players starting at both guard spots. This team doesn't seem like a team that needs a splashy mid-season trade, anyway.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:48 pm
I don't think it'd be worth it to go after Jrue. NO wants a high price for him and is only reluctantly willing to part with him. I don't see any reason to pay a premium price when we already have nice players starting at both guard spots. This team doesn't seem like a team that needs a splashy mid-season trade, anyway.
Maybe you're right. The backup PG seems to be the biggest hole at the moment. Feels like Jrue would be a near perfect fit next to Booker. I would love to hear what you think this team needs as they are 11-16, other than health?

BTW, what happened to the Notifications in the top nav bar?

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I’d offer Oubre , Okobo, TJ and 2 first round picks for Jrue and Reddick.

I’d go small.

Rubio/Jerome
Holiday/Reddick
Booker/Bridges
Saric/Johnson
Ayton/Baynes