Tyler Johnson

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SDC

Tyler Johnson

Post by SDC »

What doesnt Monty play him? he's better than ty jerome and okobo.

What is James Jones waiting for? Are the Memphis grizzlies asking for too much?

Indy

Re: Tyler Johnson

Post by Indy »

Have you seen him play this year? He has, by far, the worst TPA on the team. It isn't close.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

He just hasn't been very good. I can see maybe giving a few minutes now and then if you're looking at different lineups to give you a spark, but he certainly hasn't earned time over Okobo or Carter. Those guys play hard and have been better this year.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I recall him having 1-2 good games at the start of the season, but then quickly becoming unplayable. He lost his minutes to Okobo, and then any scraps left went to Ty Jerome when Ty became healthy. At this point Tyler Johnson's only value to our team is to be trade ballast.

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Ty Jerome has the most potential to improve...I can see him becoming a starting PG, given the chance. He needs some time to develop into his potential. No way should Tyler get those minutes, until we see if Ty can become that xfactor...

SDC

Post by SDC »

Vladimir_Taltos wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:49 am
Ty Jerome has the most potential to improve...I can see him becoming a starting PG, given the chance. He needs some time to develop into his potential. No way should Tyler get those minutes, until we see if Ty can become that xfactor...
If you see ty jerome getting more than 20 minutes a night, it means monty has given up the season.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Ty Jerome will develop once the Suns are rolling. I have my doubts that just throwing him in to try and make a difference off the bench will help him become the best player he can be.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Ty Jerome is doing fine. He won't get 20 minutes a game because he isn't ready for it yet. We'll bring him along slowly as befits a rookie PG.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Tyler Johnson is garbage. He fooled everyone for about 3 games this year then he went back to being trash. I’m ok with him never seeing another minute for the Suns. If he’s here after the deadline I’ll be calling for James Jones head.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Indy

Post by Indy »

djy2j wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:37 am
Tyler Johnson is garbage. He fooled everyone for about 3 games this year then he went back to being trash. I’m ok with him never seeing another minute for the Suns. If he’s here after the deadline I’ll be calling for James Jones head.
You think other teams want him? If they are just looking to shed salary, are there guys you want on the team that have more salary over more years that the other team wants to give up? just curious what a realistic trade would be for him.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Ty Jerome is shooting around 30% fg.

But he's getting more playing time? He's garbage too.
Last edited by SDC on Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Call memphis., Not Cleveland.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Indy wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:20 am
djy2j wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:37 am
You think other teams want him? If they are just looking to shed salary, are there guys you want on the team that have more salary over more years that the other team wants to give up? just curious what a realistic trade would be for him.
I am one who doesn’t think his expiring contract was worth anything upon acquiring him. But there are those who think his expiring contract is an asset. I think we’re stuck with him until we cut him. Which is hopefully right after the deadline.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

SDC

Post by SDC »

You can try trading for iggy and sprinkle some whatever to get it done, but I called for this trade a couple of weeks ago. But it may be too late now. The problem with this team is deeper. Rubios comments after the okc game offered some clues.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

TJ doesn’t offer much in the way of trade value other than swapping for a bad contract. Can anyone think of a reasonable trade out there?

SDC

Post by SDC »

tyler johnson is competent okay player, and if this team is trying to compete for the playoffs they should keep him and let his deal expire. playing a point guard who is shooting around 30% FG tells me that this team is transitioning back to rebuilding phase, and monty has a 5 yr contract, so this is a FIVE year plan.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Tyler's contract is only attractive to a team that wants to shed money and needs it to match money, which could be like how Porzingis trade was achieved.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

SDC

Post by SDC »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:07 pm
Tyler's contract is only attractive to a team that wants to shed money and needs it to match money, which could be like how Porzingis trade was achieved.
case in point: cleveland.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

SDC wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:00 pm
tyler johnson is competent okay player, and if this team is trying to compete for the playoffs they should keep him and let his deal expire. playing a point guard who is shooting around 30% FG tells me that this team is transitioning back to rebuilding phase, and monty has a 5 yr contract, so this is a FIVE year plan.
I’m not sure Monty is transitioning back to rebuilding phase. I think it’s clear enough that such a ploy is only corrosive and lessens the team’s chances in regards to player development and chemistry as we’ve seen. He was scolding TJ for his D and benched his ass promptly to drum up accountability and call for the back up PGs to step up. Monty needs the team to adhere to his defensive effort expectations.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SDC wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:26 am
Ty Jerome is shooting around 30% fg.

But he's getting more playing time? He's garbage too.
Neither Jerome nor Johnson are "garbage." Jeez.
"Be Legendary."