Tyler Johnson

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
djy2j

Re: Tyler Johnson

Post by djy2j »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:27 am
SDC wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:26 am
Ty Jerome is shooting around 30% fg.

But he's getting more playing time? He's garbage too.
Neither Jerome nor Johnson are "garbage." Jeez.
Johnson with his 19 mil and sub par play is absolutely garbage. He's not worth anything on the court when he's on it and not worth anything in a trade. A player like Porzingas was worth more because he's still young and can be an asset because he's a skilled player. Johnson's next contract is a one year deal for a minimum IF he makes it out of training camp.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

SDC

Post by SDC »

Obviously he's not worth 19 million. The Heat paid only 5 mil per on the first two years of his current contract, them it ballooned to 19 mil.

As for playing like garbage, almost everybody except for rubio is playing like it lately, even Booker.

Ty Jerome has no business playing on the court if the suns are trying to win. He hasn't earned it with his awful play if you want to do it by merit.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Re jerome, I remember when people were so defensive about josh jackson last season.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

SDC wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:44 pm
Re jerome, I remember when people were so defensive about josh jackson last season.
I don't think it's reasonable to compare Ty Jerome to Josh Jackson. Jackson was the #4 pick and had different expectations. Also Jackson last year was not a rookie; he could reasonably be expected to show growth and improvement by then. And Jackson was doing knuckleheaded things that were actively harming our team.

By contrast, Ty Jerome is a rookie who has barely had any chance to practice and play with the team. And he's a late first-round pick so the expectations should be more modest for him. I see no reason to call Jerome "garbage" when he's barely played a handful of games for us in his rookie season.

Indy

Post by Indy »

djy2j wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:30 am
Superbone wrote:
SDC wrote:

Johnson with his 19 mil and sub par play is absolutely garbage. He's not worth anything on the court when he's on it and not worth anything in a trade. A player like Porzingas was worth more because he's still young and can be an asset because he's a skilled player. Johnson's next contract is a one year deal for a minimum IF he makes it out of training camp.
Tyler Johnson is 422 out of 473 players this year in TPA. At 19M, that is garbage. It is Josh Jackson bad, but at 19M/year instead of 5.

Baynes, Booker, Bridges (!!), Saric, Rubio, Cam and Ayton are the only ones that have added more points to this team than they cost us.

!! I am blown away to see Bridges there, because his offense has been soooo bad. But his DPS is over 26.5 this year. We only have two players above 4.0 (Carter is at 8.07).

Book is the worst at -45, which is 30 less than the next lowest player (Cam at -17).

https://nbamath.com/2019-20-nba-tpa/

SDC

Post by SDC »

Indy wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:13 pm
djy2j wrote:
Superbone wrote:
SDC wrote:

Tyler Johnson is 422 out of 473 players this year in TPA. At 19M, that is garbage. It is Josh Jackson bad, but at 19M/year instead of 5.

Baynes, Booker, Bridges (!!), Saric, Rubio, Cam and Ayton are the only ones that have added more points to this team than they cost us.

!! I am blown away to see Bridges there, because his offense has been soooo bad. But his DPS is over 26.5 this year. We only have two players above 4.0 (Carter is at 8.07).

Book is the worst at -45, which is 30 less than the next lowest player (Cam at -17).

Mikals shooting 48% from the field. And 80% at the line.

What stats on offense are you looking at? Is it because he is not shooting enough?

He's 3pt shooting is 30% currently, but I bet it'd be better if he played with the starters who can get him more open looks.

As for josh Jackson, he's out of the league after year two. I don't get the comparison.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Curious, SDC, have you actually watched any Suns games this year?

SDC

Post by SDC »

I watched about half of their total games.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
djy2j wrote:
Superbone wrote:
SDC wrote:

But I’m crazy for saying Booker is a major problem on this team filled with problems.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yes, you are crazy. :P

He is still the 2nd highest net positive on the team. And his OPA is 20th in the league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yes, you are crazy for blaming our best player for our team's problems.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Damn

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:21 pm
Indy wrote:
djy2j wrote:
Superbone wrote:
SDC wrote:

But I’m crazy for saying Booker is a major problem on this team filled with problems.
After Shaq left in a trade, Kobe was a shot jacking garbage solo act before he got Gasol.