Game Day: Rockets (19-9) @ Suns (11-17), Sat 12/21/19

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
djy2j

Re: Game Day: Rockets (19-9) @ Suns (11-17), Sat 12/21/19

Post by djy2j »

I agree with Carey’s take above and everyone’s takes on Bookers shortcomings with leading the team and taking over.

I’m almost to where I want Booker to try and get 50 every game again. This whole idea of getting teammates involved is usually for the best but so far hasn’t really translated into wins. It’d keep the ball out of Franks hands more too.

I think that what hurts the most is that we still wouldn’t have won with Rubio. The defense was appalling. It’s getting worse as the season goes on.

Also the refs are getting out of hand. Monty needs to start hurting some feelings out there. He’s taking the calm approach like Igor did and the refs are just killing us. Sometimes you have to tell the ref he’s Full of shit and be a little intimidating. Show some fire. Get a T. This is the way.

Bridges has really hit a wall. Not good.

Okobo has really stepped up. I’ve been critical of him in the past so I’ll give him his due. He’s finally playing aggressive and using his quickness to make plays rather than just not trying to screw up.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

djy2j wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:52 pm
Also the refs are getting out of hand. Monty needs to start hurting some feelings out there. He’s taking the calm approach like Igor did and the refs are just killing us. Sometimes you have to tell the ref he’s Full of s*** and be a little intimidating. Show some fire. Get a T. This is the way.
I don't know. Devin was getting some superstar calls in the 4th quarter.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

iLLmatic wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:27 am
SunsRIt wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:34 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:25 pm
iLLmatic wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:07 pm
The Bobster wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:08 pm

Because shooting 58% and getting 16 points and 10 rebounds a night are worthless. :roll:

They replace a lot of those minutes with.... Frank Kaminsky.
Yawn.. Let me know when he wins us a game.. Until then he's an empty stat stuffer.
If you’ve forgotten, he single-handedly won us a handful of games last year, usually on the defensive end, including an overtime that he completely took over.
They don’t care. All they want to do is whine and bitch about Ayton. Maybe they should leave and become Mavs fans. It’s getting really freaking old. Enough bagging on Ayton until he had a chance to play and prove them wrong.
Where did I mention anything about the Mavs?
I was referring to everyone's love affair with a certain Maverick on this site.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I’m not worried about Jerome. He’s a baller. He’ll be fine. These are his first ever NBA games and he’s coming off the first major injury of his career.

Okobo has been really solid as well. I think Rubio, Book, Ellie and Ty are the 4 guards who should be getting rotation minutes right now. Carter and (unfortunately) Tyler should be riding the pine.

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:
carey wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:53 am
I don’t have much to say about Jerome. I worried his lack of athleticism would limit his effectiveness in the league and that seems to be the case so far. Maybe he gets on track but I’m not expecting much from him anymore.
Jerome had one of his better games last night in which athleticism wasn't an issue. I'm hopeful that he can figure it out. His outside shot is money. The floaters aren't bad either.
He did but I’m talking about his play as a whole so far. He is shooting 32% with several 0fers and he just looks slow out there. Here’s hoping he can transform his body and pick up a bit of quickness on the court.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

You all freaking still...how many games have we had a full starter set running...Rubio, Booker, Oubre, Ayton, Saric? Hardly any. We still don't know what we have...so....CHILL THE &_$# OUT for a spell, and let's see what we have...

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Some people are freaking out because this feels awful “Backcourt 2000ish” I know the old heads here can relate.

Just doesn’t feel like Wel ever be healthy enough to see what we have and fans are getting a bit antsy with all the losing over the past decade.

It’s frustrating when guys seem to be out longer than expected with what we’re lead to believe are just minor injuries: bruised wrist, rolled ankle, back spasms. Also all this coming after an off-season with training staff overhaul.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I still can't believe we got rid of our beloved training staff and replaced them with an AI algorithm and a support guy from India.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:00 pm
I still can't believe we got rid of our beloved training staff and replaced them with an AI algorithm and a support guy from India.
It's what all corporations are doing. Got to save money somewhere.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Mori Chu wrote:
Still feels a bit strange to me...doesn't feel like a Jones move.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Vladimir_Taltos wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:52 am
You all freaking still...how many games have we had a full starter set running...Rubio, Booker, Oubre, Ayton, Saric? Hardly any. We still don't know what we have...so....CHILL THE &_$# OUT for a spell, and let's see what we have...
Reassuring to see you of all people preaching patience. I agree, by the way.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

virtual9mm wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:50 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Still feels a bit strange to me...doesn't feel like a Jones move.
I know this is tongue-in-cheek and I've made the same joke myself, but it's worth noting that the Pelicans, who Nelson bailed for, have been hit pretty hard with injuries themselves.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

SunsRIt wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:21 pm
iLLmatic wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:27 am
SunsRIt wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:34 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:25 pm
iLLmatic wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:07 pm

Yawn.. Let me know when he wins us a game.. Until then he's an empty stat stuffer.
If you’ve forgotten, he single-handedly won us a handful of games last year, usually on the defensive end, including an overtime that he completely took over.
They don’t care. All they want to do is whine and bitch about Ayton. Maybe they should leave and become Mavs fans. It’s getting really freaking old. Enough bagging on Ayton until he had a chance to play and prove them wrong.
Where did I mention anything about the Mavs?
I was referring to everyone's love affair with a certain Maverick on this site.
I never mentioned a certain Maverick player. I don't really give a rat's ass about that certain Maverick player, I care about Ayton and how he's contributing to our team or isn't.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Ironically, Aaron Nelson went to New Orleans who had been missing Zion Williamson due to injury since the preseason and have a worse record than the Suns.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The Bobster wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:06 am
Ironically, Aaron Nelson went to New Orleans who had been missing Zion Williamson due to injury since the preseason and have a worse record than the Suns.
I recognize that not everything about our season is to do with health. But the Pels missing Zion isn't really on their training staff. He got hurt before he hardly even got on the court. I look at the training staff's job as keeping guys on the floor during the grind of the season, avoiding exactly the little nagging injuries that we've been plagued by this year.

Split T

Post by Split T »

He got hurt during preseason, so he was on the court working with their training staff at the time. I’m not one who is gonna blame training staffs for injuries, but if you’re gonna blame our current staff for the suns injuries, you have to blame NO for the Zion injury. The fact that he’s already well past his expected return timeframe should also be on the training staff.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Split T wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:05 am
He got hurt during preseason, so he was on the court working with their training staff at the time. I’m not one who is gonna blame training staffs for injuries, but if you’re gonna blame our current staff for the suns injuries, you have to blame NO for the Zion injury. The fact that he’s already well past his expected return timeframe should also be on the training staff.
This.

If you're going to blame the Suns' staff for Ayton's sprained ankle.....
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I blame his foot.

Indy

Post by Indy »

The Bobster wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:38 pm
Split T wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:05 am
This.

If you're going to blame the Suns' staff for Ayton's sprained ankle.....
I wouldn't necessarily blame any specific injury on any training staff. To me it is a lot about how quickly the recover. Even with Nelson here, Booker has been missing games with nagging injuries his entire career.

I do wonder how much the training staff is allowed to invest in new technology/treatment techniques nowadays. I remember several stories about what they recently did back in the 7SOL early days.

Split T

Post by Split T »

It seems like our old training staff built most of their reputation on dealing with chronic issues. They got Shaq healthier than he had been. Grant Hill had a rejuvenation here. Even Michael Redd had a solid year health wise. Of course there is Nash too, who had lots going on but was able to mostly stay on the court here.