Happy New Year!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Happy New Year!

Post by Mori Chu »

Wishing a wonderful 2020 to everyone here at phx-suns.net. I really enjoy talking hoops with you all and sharing our collective misery over this Suns team.

Anyone got any New Years resolutions? My goal is to read at least one book per month in 2020. That's a modest number for a real reader, but lately I haven't been keeping to a regular reading schedule.

Shabazz

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by Shabazz »

What are the last good books you read?

carey

Post by carey »

I read 38 books this year, some of them crazy long fantasy epics, some of them short mysteries you can read in a couple days. You can friend me on goodreads: carey dot adams at gmail.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I haven’t read a book in ages.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Happy New Year!

Read a lot of Ursula Le Guin this year, and boy have I been missing out. She's brilliant. I also really enjoyed An Evil Guest by Gene Wolfe, though I admit I have a soft spot for his style.

On the non-fiction front, I found The Archimedes Codex to be very very interesting.

Got William Shakespeare's Star Wars trilogy for Christmas and I'm having a blast with that.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Happy New Year all! I can't believe it's 2020!!! The future is here. :D
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

O_Gardino wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:42 am

Got William Shakespeare's Star Wars trilogy for Christmas and I'm having a blast with that.
Had no idea he wrote that! ;)
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Happy New Year .net!

Indy

Post by Indy »

Happy new year everyone! May 2020 be the best year yet.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:25 pm
Wishing a wonderful 2020 to everyone here at phx-suns.net. I really enjoy talking hoops with you all and sharing our collective misery over this Suns team.

Anyone got any New Years resolutions? My goal is to read at least one book per month in 2020. That's a modest number for a real reader, but lately I haven't been keeping to a regular reading schedule.
I need to get on that schedule. My wife got through 48 books this year. I only read one, but listened to several others since have been doing a lot of day trips and it isn't safe to read while I drive.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:01 pm
O_Gardino wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:42 am

Had no idea he wrote that! ;)
Yeah, he published about 6.5 years ago. ;)

R2D2 beeps in iambic pentameter and the Rancor sings. If that doesn't get you giggling on the toilet, I don't know what will.

https://www.amazon.com/William-Shakespe ... 1594746370
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I love history books, and even though I'm not a car guy I am enjoying ARE WE THERE YET?: THE AMERICAN AUTOMOBILE PAST, PRESENT AND DRIVERLESS by Dan Albert. A very interesting look at the history of the automotive industry.

Since I process the new books at the library I work at I get a pretty good opportunity to catch the intriguing ones (almost exclusively non-fiction for me).

PS - I am also working my way through STAN LEE: A MARVELOUS LIFE by Danny Fingeroth. A pretty fair and balanced account of Lee's life.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695