Game Day: Suns (13-20) @ Lakers (26-7), Wed 1/1/20

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Game Day: Suns (13-20) @ Lakers (26-7), Wed 1/1/20

Post by Mori Chu »

As if the blowout loss wasn't bad enough, now we have an injured Rubae. So sad. Hopefully our WebMD training staff can Google him some advice on how to get healthy asap!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Turned it off in the 2nd. Figured we'd make some sort of comeback but still lose.

Carter couldn't even get the ball over halfcourt in the 1st half. We need more athleticism in the frontcourt. Granted the Lakers have a ton of size and athleticism but Dario and Baynes just can't hang with above the rim athletes and putting Oubre or Cam there isn't the answer.

Concerning that we've been starting games slower and fighting back after halftime. Lakers came to play last night and make a statement. We were embarrassingly unprepared for their level of competitiveness. Good that we didn't fold tho and we really haven't all year. Testament to the players and the coaching staff still believing but can't come out flat so often.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

phatmike wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:59 pm
This looks like a damn video game.
Perfect summary of the first 10 minutes.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I haven't read the whole thread yet - or watched the last 3 quarters.

But wow what a first quarter. I'm glad I got to witness that historically special performance.

I thought Dario and Cheick looked like first graders getting dunked on by their dads at the 8 foot rims. The Suns got "competitive" when Monty brought in Cam and stopped trying to match up the size of the Lakers.

I'll watch the last 3 quarters tonight, but there's not much story after that first 10ish minutes. At least we didn't have to watch Chriss and Dudley trying to start fights while getting eaten alive.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:56 am
Bucktastic365 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:22 pm
Throw in the white towel and walk off the court. Someone is going to get ejected or hurt in this cluster****
RUBIO! In our most important 7 game stretch... with a healthy roster we should win every game, so I was hoping for a 6-1 stretch. Now, let's hope to break even?
I was counting on this stretch to win my Vegas bet. Getting nervous now.
"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

:?

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

That was not a good looking fall. Wouldn't have been surprised had any number of leg injuries been announced.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Stupid Laker ball boys.
"Be Legendary."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:25 am
:?

That fucking sucks.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The curse....

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Ok, I watched the entire game yesterday as I was excited to see the full team.

I get that since Ayton hasn't practiced with the team that he was relegated to coming off the bench. We saw though that this was a mistake. In hindsight, it would have been better for him to take his lumps from rust, indecision and passivity earlier. I am just guessing, but I expect him to start from here on out. Baynes was complete ineffective yesterday.

Wow, it was incredibly obvious that this team wasn't ready for the game, and I don't want to say that they went out on NYE and partied hard in LA, but it's definitely not out of bounds to make that conclusion. Except for Booker for the most part(even he looked bad at times), the team looked completely out of it's class.

At first I thought it was a groin injury for Rubio and I expected him to be out for at least a month, but now I'm a little worried that it could be longer, but I obviously don't know for sure. He could be back in the next game for all I know.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

HOW DARE THEY ALLOW THAT WET FLOOR TO HURT MY RUBAE

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:59 pm
HOW DARE THEY ALLOW THAT WET FLOOR TO HURT MY RUBAE
Haha :lol:
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I know a lot of people are going to give the Suns kudos for coming back in this one, but it was fool's gold imo. Lakers let off the gas and the Suns felt a little pride well up in them. At least it was good to expose the problems they have and have had, so maybe they can learn from it. I hope that the coaching staff is looking very closely into what went on in preparation for this game and the game film to see exactly where they need to fix and shore up the in game product. I also hope that Jones does something to help the team without sacrificing long term stability or future.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It also showed that the Lakers are on a whole different level which they are. The starters anyway. We're in a different class struggling for 8th while they're gunning for #1.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I thought the boys also stayed out late celebrating New Year's Eve in LA the night before this game. That's probably a big factor in their sluggish start. I'll forgive them if they come out with some fire in the next game. Worried about Rubae though after that tough fall. Can't blame the floor for drooling over him and all.

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:28 pm
I know a lot of people are going to give the Suns kudos for coming back in this one, but it was fool's gold imo. Lakers let off the gas and the Suns felt a little pride well up in them. At least it was good to expose the problems they have and have had, so maybe they can learn from it. I hope that the coaching staff is looking very closely into what went on in preparation for this game and the game film to see exactly where they need to fix and shore up the in game product. I also hope that Jones does something to help the team without sacrificing long term stability or future.
Agreed to a point. Last year we would never get back in the game, and there would be video of our best players sitting and joking and laughing on the bench while we were down +40.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:55 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:28 pm
Agreed to a point. Last year we would never get back in the game, and there would be video of our best players sitting and joking and laughing on the bench while we were down +40.
I agree with that. They were straight trash last year and had no hope of coming back and making a game like that competitive. They did reduce a lot of insurmountable leads to respectable by the time the game ended against the other teams 3rd string last yr, but not like this.

BlaCkAdDa

Post by BlaCkAdDa »

The lamers were in a other levelin the first.. We couldn't not turn it over... One of those games to forget.