Suns News: Week 11 1/6-1/12

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Suns News: Week 11 1/6-1/12

Post by Superbone »

Just for saucy! :P

Over the last 10 games, Kelly Oubre Jr. is averaging 20.6 points, 6.9 rebounds, 2.3 assists, and 1.5 steals while shooting 40.3% on 3s.

Oubre is really starting to blossom into a key long-term piece for this Suns team. Always providing that much-needed energy boost on both ends.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In 33 minutes, the 5-man lineup of Ricky Rubio, Devin Booker, Kelly Oubre, Mikal Bridges, and Deandre Ayton is outscoring opponents by 39.1 points per 100 possessions (130.3 OffRtg, 91.1 DefRtg).

Very promising sign that Oubre and Bridges can function well within that unit.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:50 pm
Just for saucy! :P

Over the last 10 games, Kelly Oubre Jr. is averaging 20.6 points, 6.9 rebounds, 2.3 assists, and 1.5 steals while shooting 40.3% on 3s.

Oubre is really starting to blossom into a key long-term piece for this Suns team. Always providing that much-needed energy boost on both ends.
Defense. I need to see defense. I need Booker and Ayton to be surrounded by defense.

carey

Post by carey »

INFORMER wrote:I think Al Horford makes more sense than Kevin Love for the Suns. His contract is awful too, though not as bad as Love's. While Love fills up the stat sheet more so than Horford, I trust Horford to have more of a winning impact on a team.

Philly gets: Ricky Rubio, Dario Saric, Aron Baynes, Mikal Bridges
Suns get: Al Horford, Zhaire Smith, Jonah Bolden, Trey Burke, and 2 2nd round picks
Is Horford available? He’s on the other side of 30 and makes a lot of bank but I’d definitely swap TyJo for him if Philly is looking to get off his contract. I know he recently made some comments about being unhappy with the way he’s being used in their system. He’d be an interesting pickup. Not sure I’d want to swap Rubio and Burke though. I think Rubio’s problem is he’s worn out. We should be resting him more.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:34 am
INFORMER wrote:I think Al Horford makes more sense than Kevin Love for the Suns. His contract is awful too, though not as bad as Love's. While Love fills up the stat sheet more so than Horford, I trust Horford to have more of a winning impact on a team.

Philly gets: Ricky Rubio, Dario Saric, Aron Baynes, Mikal Bridges
Suns get: Al Horford, Zhaire Smith, Jonah Bolden, Trey Burke, and 2 2nd round picks
Is Horford available? He’s on the other side of 30 and makes a lot of bank but I’d definitely swap TyJo for him if Philly is looking to get off his contract. I know he recently made some comments about being unhappy with the way he’s being used in their system. He’d be an interesting pickup. Not sure I’d want to swap Rubio and Burke though. I think Rubio’s problem is he’s worn out. We should be resting him more.
I'd like to see him less than 30 minutes a night. Probably closer to 25, though. Elie has been pretty good of late, whether he is running point or playing off the ball with Book running point.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

INF hates my beloved Rubae so much. I'm trying to work through it so he and I can still be friends. But it's tough.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:48 am
INF hates my beloved Rubae so much. I'm trying to work through it so he and I can still be friends. But it's tough.
Well, he is a net negative overall, but you can say that about everyone on the team except for Booker, Mikal, Kelly, and Baynes. They are the only players that have a TPA above zero.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

"Elie has been pretty good of late, whether he is running point or playing off the ball with Book running point."

He still leaves something to be desired, which says little for the two TJs.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Mori Chu wrote:
:lol:

I don't hate him, Mori. He is just a poor allocation of resources. It doesn't make any sense to invest $16 million a year in a point guard that can't shoot and at best is mediocre defensively.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:30 pm
Mori Chu wrote:

I don't hate him, Mori. He is just a poor allocation of resources. It doesn't make any sense to invest $16 million a year in a point guard that can't shoot and at best is mediocre defensively.
Idk if anyone has mentioned this ever, but if they just took Luka, completed the trade for SGA and taken Mitch Rob, We wouldn't have had to deal with this. :D
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

INFORMER wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:

Agree to disagree. I think it's fine and lovely to pay that amount for one of the best passing PGs in the NBA. And I think his defense is actually pretty decent. In terms of his salary and the cap, we would still have plenty of space if we want to sign anybody this off-season or make a trade.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:02 am
INFORMER wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:

Agree to disagree. I think it's fine and lovely to pay that amount for one of the best passing PGs in the NBA. And I think his defense is actually pretty decent. In terms of his salary and the cap, we would still have plenty of space if we want to sign anybody this off-season or make a trade.
He hasn't been good on defense this season. He is 9th on the team by DPS for guys that have at least played 200 minutes this season.

https://nbamath.com/2019-20-nba-tpa/