2014 NBA Draft Lottery

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

2014 NBA Draft Lottery

Post by Superbone »

ImageImage
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Re: 2014 NBA Draft Lottery

Post by TOO »

Jinx thread! We'll pick 14th for sure now. :lol:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Jinx thread! We'll pick 14th for sure now. :lol:
Yeah, with that attitude, cowboy!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Jinx thread! We'll pick 14th for sure now. :lol:
Yeah, with that attitude, cowboy!
I'm putting all my positivity out there today in hopes that it actually does something. :D

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

If there was ever a good moment to pay the Suns back for all the crap we've been dealt over the years, this is it. Number 1-2-3 AND 13 FTW!!!

Go Suns.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

All Morri 's unite!!!
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Prediction

Celtics,Bucks,Kings in the top 3
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

TOO

Post by TOO »

Let the balls fall where they may.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Here goes nothing ....

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Lottery time! I hope the site survives so we can talk about it. :-)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Anjali Ranadive ...!!!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow, the Cavs didn't send Tyrian Lannister to represent them this year.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I know this is only said tongue in cheek, but it's getting more and more prevalent. Can we finally put to rest that there are "Basketball gods"? It's clearly obvious that this is a total farce and their are none. To give the Cavs the #1 pick 3 out of 4 years and 4 out of the last 6 times they have been in the lottery is a freaking joke. Also, it's clearly not rigged either.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

The Kings put the No. 8 pick in the draft on the trade block immediately after the lottery Tuesday night, league sources told NBA.com, clearly looking to add at least one impact veteran in an attempt to push into the playoff conversation next season rather than wait for another rookie prospect to develop.

While several teams choosing in the top 10 on June 26 will be fielding trade offers as part of a deep draft with several intriguing prospects, the Kings have signaled they will take a proactive approach in hoping to make a deal. It is the same aggressive stance the team took early in 2013-14, before the new front office headed by owner Vivek Ranadive and general manager Pete D'Alessandro made two moves, including acquiring Rudy Gay from Toronto in the kind of bold strike Sacramento would like to emulate with a valuable draft pick as bait.
http://www.nba.com/2014/news/features/s ... ef:nbahpts

Morris Twins should be Sactown bound.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:I know this is only said tongue in cheek, but it's getting more and more prevalent. Can we finally put to rest that there are "Basketball gods"? It's clearly obvious that this is a total farce and their are none. To give the Cavs the #1 pick 3 out of 4 years and 4 out of the last 6 times they have been in the lottery is a freaking joke. Also, it's clearly not rigged either.
Agreed. I still can't believe Cleveland got it. Freakin' Cleveland.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
The Kings put the No. 8 pick in the draft on the trade block immediately after the lottery Tuesday night, league sources told NBA.com, clearly looking to add at least one impact veteran in an attempt to push into the playoff conversation next season rather than wait for another rookie prospect to develop.

While several teams choosing in the top 10 on June 26 will be fielding trade offers as part of a deep draft with several intriguing prospects, the Kings have signaled they will take a proactive approach in hoping to make a deal. It is the same aggressive stance the team took early in 2013-14, before the new front office headed by owner Vivek Ranadive and general manager Pete D'Alessandro made two moves, including acquiring Rudy Gay from Toronto in the kind of bold strike Sacramento would like to emulate with a valuable draft pick as bait.

That would be a good landing place for them and good value back.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

In2ition wrote:
INFORMER wrote:

That would be a good landing place for them and good value back.
Uh-uh - Green would be better value and is more expendable.

I'd say Frye, but we'd likely have to pay to unload him.....

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Regardless of whom one prefers when considering Green vs. Morris Bros., Sacramento isn't going to make that deal to get Gerald Green. Green has failed in too many places to have much trade value by himself. He's great here, but others GMs will probably be wary of giving up anything substantial for Green. Combine that with the fact that they Just spent a lotto pick on a 2-guard and have Rudy at the 3, Green just isn't going to do it for them.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

INFORMER wrote:Regardless of whom one prefers when considering Green vs. Morris Bros., Sacramento isn't going to make that deal to get Gerald Green. Green has failed in too many places to have much trade value by himself. He's great here, but others GMs will probably be wary of giving up anything substantial for Green. Combine that with the fact that they Just spent a lotto pick on a 2-guard and have Rudy at the 3, Green just isn't going to do it for them.
I know all that - I wouldn't have suggested Green if it were early last season, but he's proven he can be one hell of a sparkplug off the bench. Plus, his value is the highest it'll ever be - strike while the iron's hot, so to speak.....