Game Day: Suns (16-23) @ Hawks (8-32), Tues 1/14/20

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
AmareIsGod

Re: Game Day: Suns (16-23) @ Hawks (8-32), Tues 1/14/20

Post by AmareIsGod »

I've heard over a million animals have already died. There are some devastating photos and videos of koalas burned to nothing and disfigured or displaced without food and a place to live. The fires in Australia are beyond catastrophic. They make the worst fires California has seen, and they have been very horrific, seem utterly tame, in comparison. To think it isn't impacting him because he's a pro athlete shows a disconnect with understanding humanity. Baynes is human. Just like you and I, they aren't impervious to pain or distraction.
Last edited by AmareIsGod on Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Cap wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:15 pm
virtual9mm wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:59 pm
Now we know who deserves to play and who does not. Except that I will give Oubre a pass.
So what are you supposed to do when you don’t have at least five players who deserve to play?
I think that’s why Dario and Elie had to keep coming back out on the floor. Too many guys having just pitiful games.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

djy2j wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:41 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:38 pm
djy2j wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:35 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:16 pm
I’d like to see Ty Jerome get the backup minutes. Need to see if he’s figured it out at all. We know what Carter gives us.
After this game and based on the fact he exists as an option at point guard he now deserves a chance. I’d rather see Lecque go out and fail before Tyler and Elie right now
Not sure why all the Okobo hate. He had 3 rebounds and 3 assists.
His chance to shine was tonight. He had a perfect opportunity with Rubio out and Atlanta’s terrible defense. He failed to score. Had an airball or 2. Was minus 16. He s*** the bed.
I'm clearly kidding. :roll:
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:17 pm
Cap wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:15 pm
virtual9mm wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:59 pm
Now we know who deserves to play and who does not. Except that I will give Oubre a pass.
So what are you supposed to do when you don’t have at least five players who deserve to play?
For one, Ayton needs to be inserted into the starting lineup. Baynes clearly isn't the same player he was earlier in the season. This whole "sending a message" was cute and fun but DA is the far superior of the two players. We need to make a trade for a physical PF and someone who can make a 3 pointer. A competent backup PG would be nice as well.

The holes they are a'glarin.
They really are, it’s not rocket science.

I would love to waive Carter like yesterday, would rather go a Baynes Kaminsky Diallo Saric Ayton lineup than deal with Carter on the court ever again. He is flat out not an nba player. It’s like he won a make-a-wish and the Suns have him out there to fulfill a lifelong fantasy.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:48 pm
I've heard over a million animals have already died. There are some devastating photos and videos of koalas burned to nothing and disfigured or displaced without food and a place to live. The fires in Australia are beyond catastrophic. They make the worst fires California has seen, and they have been very horrific, seem utterly tame, in comparison. To think it isn't impacting him because he's a pro athlete shows a disconnect with understanding humanity. Baynes is human. Just like you and I, they aren't impervious to pain or distraction.
This. Thank you.
Last edited by Wally_West on Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:39 pm
djy2j wrote:
The Bobster wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:31 pm
Gotta get Tyler Johnson out of there.
Now and forever. I will be upset if he sees another minute on the floor in a Suns uniform. He literally isn’t good at basketball any longer and he’s had like 57 chances. What the hell was he trying to do out there?
He had a rebound and a steal and was only -5. Not sure why we're hating on him.
:lol: Hopefully sensing some sarcasm here also
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Wally_West wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:51 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
I've heard over a million animals have already died. There are some devastating photos and videos of koalas burned to nothing and disfigured or displaced without food and a place to live. The fires in Australia are beyond catastrophic. They make the worst fires California has seen, and they have been very horrific, seem utterly tame, in comparison. To think it isn't impacting him because he's a pro athlete shows a disconnect with understanding humanity.
This. Thank you.
A job is a job. Rather execute or leave to be with your country. He shouldn’t be with the team if he’s really that emotionally distressed. He’s not performing surgery, he’s playing basketball. Honestly it’s not an excuse and I’m sure Baynes would say the same.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

djy2j wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:52 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:39 pm
djy2j wrote:
The Bobster wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:31 pm
Gotta get Tyler Johnson out of there.
Now and forever. I will be upset if he sees another minute on the floor in a Suns uniform. He literally isn’t good at basketball any longer and he’s had like 57 chances. What the hell was he trying to do out there?
He had a rebound and a steal and was only -5. Not sure why we're hating on him.
:lol: Hopefully sensing some sarcasm here also
Lollllll

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:53 pm
Wally_West wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
I've heard over a million animals have already died. There are some devastating photos and videos of koalas burned to nothing and disfigured or displaced without food and a place to live. The fires in Australia are beyond catastrophic. They make the worst fires California has seen, and they have been very horrific, seem utterly tame, in comparison. To think it isn't impacting him because he's a pro athlete shows a disconnect with understanding humanity.
This. Thank you.
A job is a job. Rather execute or leave to be with your country. He’s not performing surgery, he’s playing basketball. Honestly it’s not an excuse and I’m sure Baynes would say the same.
So if your home, where you were born and raised, where your friends and family reside were burning at a scale and rate not seen in centuries, the expectation would be for you to go to work and not be impacted at all? Because a job is a job? sauce, someday you'll realize people aren't robots and athletes aren't high paid slaves. This isn't some little fire. This isn't some small thing that's going to go away overnight.

I'm not trying to attack you but I do think you're being highly insensitive to the severity of what's going on in Australia right now.

I'm not saying with certainty that it's the reason we've seen a decline in his production. I am saying it wouldn't surprise me.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:56 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
This. Thank you.
A job is a job. Rather execute or leave to be with your country. He’s not performing surgery, he’s playing basketball. Honestly it’s not an excuse and I’m sure Baynes would say the same.
So if your home, where you were born and raised, where your friends and family reside were burning at a scale and rate not seen in centuries, the expectation would be for you to go to work and not be impacted at all? Because a job is a job? sauce, someday you'll realize people aren't robots and athletes aren't high paid slaves. This isn't some little fire. This isn't some small thing that's going to go away overnight.

I'm not trying to attack you but I do think you're being highly insensitive to the severity of what's going on in Australia right now.

I'm not saying with certainty that it's the reason we've seen a decline in his production. I am saying it wouldn't surprise me.
Guess what, I had a family member killed last year and had to work through it. If my production dipped or I made a mental error because of being distracted not one person would feel bad, they would sue me and ruin my family’s lives because that’s what America is like. No understanding in the workplace by the customers. Why should the NBA be any different.

He’s not earning his paycheck. He’s paid to do a job and he’s not performing. I understand if it’s distracting him, but bottom line is he’s paid to do a job and he’s not performing.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:05 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
This. Thank you.

Guess what, I had a family member killed last year and had to work through it. If my production dipped or I made a mental error because of being distracted not one person would feel bad, they would sue me and ruin my family’s lives because that’s what America is like. No understanding in the workplace by the customers. Why should the NBA be any different
Because your situation = Aron Baynes situation = anyone that endures a tragedy. Got it. I've had several family members killed over the past 2 to 3 years alone. My wife had jokingly asked if my mom's side of the family is tied to cartels. It's just a huge family with a lot of bad luck. In every situation, my employer allowed me to grieve and showed compassion. I'm sorry your employer seems to care less about you. Maybe it's time you started looking for a better place to work if they would sue you and ruin your families lives if you made a mistake.

Thankfully, Aron Baynes doesn't work for such an employer. That being said, it's absurd to think he should be immune to the situation in Australia.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:09 pm
specialsauce wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Wally_West wrote:

This. Thank you.

Guess what, I had a family member killed last year and had to work through it. If my production dipped or I made a mental error because of being distracted not one person would feel bad, they would sue me and ruin my family’s lives because that’s what America is like. No understanding in the workplace by the customers. Why should the NBA be any different
Because your situation = Aron Baynes situation = anyone that endures a tragedy. Got it. I've had several family members killed over the past 2 to 3 years alone. My wife had jokingly asked if my mom's side of the family is tied to cartels. It's just a huge family with a lot of bad luck. In every situation, my employer allowed me to grieve and showed compassion. I'm sorry your employer seems to care less about you. Maybe it's time you started looking for a better place to work if they would sue you and ruin your families lives if you made a mistake.

Thankfully, Aron Baynes doesn't work for such an employer. That being said, it's absurd to think he should be immune to the situation in Australia.
Not the employer, the customers.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
This. Thank you.

Exactly. Thanks for expressing this much better than I ever could, AIG. I would also add that if it is affecting him, I’m not saying it is, that doesn’t mean he should stop playing and fuck off. Everyone is different and process grief differently, Baynes is allowed to work through things. I don’t know if the is the reason, it could be a combination of things that has nothing to do with fires, but as others as said he is a pro. I trust Baynes to work through his rough patch.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:10 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Not the employer, the customers.
What line of work, if you don't mind me asking. Seems very high stress with that type of risk with any mistake or lapse.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Wally_West wrote:

This. Thank you.

Saucy is a doctor. It goes with the territory.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

SunsRIt wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:16 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

I had no idea. In that case, kind of hard to move to another profession.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:21 pm
SunsRIt wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

Sorry, yeah he’s correct. I think it’s ridiculous but my experience (not personal fortunately thus far) makes it hard to empathize.

Sorry you’ve had a rough bout AIG

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:24 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
SunsRIt wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Sorry, yeah he’s correct. I think it’s ridiculous but my experience (not personal fortunately thus far) makes it hard to empathize.

My immediate family is alive and well. We're a close knit group. And I have a 6 week old daughter now. It's hard to complain! Thanks sauce.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:27 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:24 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
SunsRIt wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:

My immediate family is alive and well. We're a close knit group. And I have a 6 week old daughter now. It's hard to complain! Thanks sauce.
That’s great a whole lot of good 8-)

I’m sure the sleep deprivation and suns losses don’t mix. We’re expecting our first this summer too.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

AmareIsGod wrote:
It's actually over 1 billion animals (just counting mammals, birds, and reptiles) that have died already from the fires: https://www.nbcnews.com/science/environ ... s-n1112326
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.