Suns News: Week 13 1/21-1/26

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Suns News: Week 13 1/21-1/26

Post by Split T »

I would trade the #1 overall pick for SGA

Split T

Post by Split T »

Booker is showing up on a lot of people’s all star lists. And when he doesn’t, he’s usually 13th. The one thing I can’t understand is why so many have Brandon Ingram over Booker. Both are offensive players with sub par defensive games. Both are on non playoff teams. Booker is the better offensive player and on the better team. What’s the argument for Ingram? Just that he hasn’t been good before? Is booker being overlooked because he was good last year?

Still, I think he’s going to be in the game. I think ultimately he’ll be ahead of Ingram, and even if he gets left off, someone will pull out of the game and Booker will be the first replacement.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Split T wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:11 am
Booker is showing up on a lot of people’s all star lists. And when he doesn’t, he’s usually 13th. The one thing I can’t understand is why so many have Brandon Ingram over Booker. Both are offensive players with sub par defensive games. Both are on non playoff teams. Booker is the better offensive player and on the better team. What’s the argument for Ingram? Just that he hasn’t been good before? Is booker being overlooked because he was good last year?

Still, I think he’s going to be in the game. I think ultimately he’ll be ahead of Ingram, and even if he gets left off, someone will pull out of the game and Booker will be the first replacement.
Saric said after yesterday's game that Booker is the best player he has ever played with.

Putting Book above Embiid and KAT. And he is right.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I didn't realize Devin's MPG
Hmmm :oops:

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:23 am
Split T wrote:

Saric said after yesterday's game that Booker is the best player he has ever played with.

I saw that. I’m not saying Saric is wrong, but he’s currently Booker’s teammate. Doesn’t mean quite as much. KAT is like the big man version of Booker..crazy good offense, bad defense.

Embiid is better than Booker though...although he can’t stay healthy, so that has to play a role. Also, did Saric play with Embiid beyond Embiid’s rookie year? I guess maybe a half year during Embiid’s 2nd season.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I'm not really worried about Book's minutes. Yea you'd like to see them a little lower, but he's had to play more given the suspension and injuries throughout the season. Back in my day, 36mpg was on the low end for stars!

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Split T wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:36 am
JCSunsfan wrote:
Split T wrote:

I saw that. I’m not saying Saric is wrong, but he’s currently Booker’s teammate. Doesn’t mean quite as much. KAT is like the big man version of Booker..crazy good offense, bad defense.

Embiid is better than Booker though...although he can’t stay healthy, so that has to play a role. Also, did Saric play with Embiid beyond Embiid’s rookie year? I guess maybe a half year during Embiid’s 2nd season.
I don't think Embiid is better than Booker personally.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Jordanesque.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:46 pm
Split T wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:36 am
JCSunsfan wrote:
Split T wrote:

I don't think Embiid is better than Booker personally.
When healthy, he’s a pretty dominant force offensively who doubles as one of the 3 or 4 best defensive players in the game. I love Booker, but it’s hard for me to see how he is better than Embiid. Stats, advanced and traditional, don’t back up Booker being better than Embiid.

Embiid manages to be inefficient as a scorer, mostly because he spends too much time on the perimeter. He also turns the ball over too much. But when he stays in the paint, he’s a monster. Plus he’s practically Rudy Gobert defensively. I really think the fit with Simmons hurts both of them.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Booker will be a big star on this league someday soon. Put us in the playoffs and watch it happen. I enjoy BS pod for first time in a while. He thinks Book can put the team on his back now that there is a supporting cast.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

O_Gardino wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:43 am
Obi Toppin feels like a James Jones pick.
Is that a bad thing? Toppin seems like a solid prospect to me.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:00 pm
O_Gardino wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:43 am
Obi Toppin feels like a James Jones pick.
Is that a bad thing? Toppin seems like a solid prospect to me.
I don't mean that as good or bad. I just mean he's a real possibility for this team and maybe worth watching for folks who are concerned about our draft position.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

That Lecque dunk is incredible every time I watch it. Try to stop the video right at the take off point. It's a two-footed jump from no less than 10-feet out. His back foot is barely below the foul line. That would be insane for an athletic wing type, but a barely 6-foot guard? WTF?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Let's hope the Suns can be patient, unlike what happened with Derrick Jones Jr.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Split T

Post by Split T »

LazarusLong wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:36 am
I can’t believe we cut him to sign Mike James and then cut James like two weeks later

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

:shock:

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Split T wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:23 am
LazarusLong wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:36 am
I can’t believe we cut him to sign Mike James and then cut James like two weeks later
yup. That's when they were in their "point guard of the month" phase ...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

He's got amazing athleticism.

Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I personally would have left the banked 3 pointer out of the highlight reel. Lecque has a little Morant in him. Some nice dribble moves to the hoop for a basket or assist.
"Be Legendary."