Around the League: Week 13 1/21-1/26

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: Around the League: Week 13 1/21-1/26

Post by INFORMER »

In2ition wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:24 am
No Joe Harris, Davis Bertans or Bryn Forbes? The list is good though.
I think Harris will require an overpay to get him from Brooklyn; Brooklyn has already come out and said they are willing to be taxpayers.

Bertans is too one dimensional.

And I don't want to make a substantial financial commitment to an undersized shooting guard (Forbes). I'd rather just draft Markus Howard.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Hard pass on Thad Young.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:20 pm
I'm watching Minnesota and OKC right now. Someone needs to put on a tape of KAT for Ayton. The way he gets his ass into his defender to create position and drop step for an easy layup should be a fundamental skill for Ayton, but I hardly ever see him do it. He really needs to work on lowering his base on the block to gain leverage against his defender.

I'll also add that Ayton's poor fundamentals in this area are a bigger reason for poor entry passes than the guy passing the ball. It's a hell of a lot harder for a defender to get a hand on the entry pass if Ayton initiates contact and pushes his man toward the rim before the pass. Too often he drifts towards the passer, losing contact with his defender. That allows the defender the freedom to reach around Ayton without fouling and deflect the entry pass.
But everybody here will tell you he doesn't have poor fundamentals.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:34 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I'm watching Minnesota and OKC right now. Someone needs to put on a tape of KAT for Ayton. The way he gets his ass into his defender to create position and drop step for an easy layup should be a fundamental skill for Ayton, but I hardly ever see him do it. He really needs to work on lowering his base on the block to gain leverage against his defender.

I'll also add that Ayton's poor fundamentals in this area are a bigger reason for poor entry passes than the guy passing the ball. It's a hell of a lot harder for a defender to get a hand on the entry pass if Ayton initiates contact and pushes his man toward the rim before the pass. Too often he drifts towards the passer, losing contact with his defender. That allows the defender the freedom to reach around Ayton without fouling and deflect the entry pass.
He's disappeared a bit in the last two games. Some of it was due to foul trouble and some due to his opponents. Both Sabonis and Aldridge are light years ahead of him in hoops IQ, and he's not experienced enough to maintain focus and effort for every possession if a few minutes or chunks of a quarter don't go well for him. It's clear that he's still processing a lot of stuff on the court. The bright side is that he's looked very receptive to instruction, especially from Rubio and Baynes. I can't think of a single time where he made a face or looked upset with one of his teammates.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:44 am
Superbone wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:34 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

He's disappeared a bit in the last two games. Some of it was due to foul trouble and some due to his opponents. Both Sabonis and Aldridge are light years ahead of him in hoops IQ, and he's not experienced enough to maintain focus and effort for every possession if a few minutes or chunks of a quarter don't go well for him. It's clear that he's still processing a lot of stuff on the court. The bright side is that he's looked very receptive to instruction, especially from Rubio and Baynes. I can't think of a single time where he made a face or looked upset with one of his teammates.
Yes, that give me hope. He started basketball late in life so he has a long way to go in spite of his natural gifts.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

WOW Kobe killed in helicopter crash

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Horrible. He was only 41.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

OMG....
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

I saw something pop up on Facebook and thought, "Great, another bullshit story ..."

But, no.

Wow. :shock: :shock:
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

He had just tweeted 16 hours before now:

"Be Legendary."