Game Day: Suns (18-26) @ Spurs (20-23), Fri 1/24/20

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Game Day: Suns (18-26) @ Spurs (20-23), Fri 1/24/20

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm surprised by the amount of hate Kaminsky gets here. Sure, he was maddeningly inconsistent. But there were games that he almost single-handedly won for us, nights where he was arguably our best or second-best player. He gave us a lot for the first 1-2 months of the season. He isn't right in such a large role, but I admire him for giving us everything he could. As has been said many times, he's not meant to play 28-30 mpg; he's a bench guy, 12-14 mpg, more if he's on a hot streak, kind of guy. I want to see him in his proper role before deciding he's trash.

As for Baynes, I support trading him if it nets us a 1st-rounder or an exciting young player. I don't think we should just dump him to pick up a marginal or mediocre asset. Baynes is a really nice backup center; I love his work ethic, his teamwork/camaraderie, his 3-point shooting, his defense, his hard screens he sets. I like that he talks on D and tells guys where to go. He seems like a good dude who you'd want on your team if you were trying to win games. The main worry with him would be that he might command a lot of money in the offseason.

What would you pay to keep Baynes? $8m/year? $10m? That's probably the range we're talking about, at least. Is he worth that? I would much rather keep him, but my guess is that if we could send him somewhere for a pick, that's probably better than just losing him at the end of the season because we aren't willing to pay his new market value.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t want to pay him and my guess is he won’t want to play here. He’ll go play for a contender. Because of that, I’d trade him now and get what we can for him. If that’s just a crap 2nd rounder, then I’d be perfectly fine keeping him around and letting him expire.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

His production fell of a cliff and he's been injured. I'd be concerned with offering him a whole lot. He started out great and I'm sure the whole production plummeting is directly related to being hurt. They are still valid concerns.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

BookTheGoat wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:48 am
ShelC wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:04 pm
Brace yourselves:
What is everyone’s Twitter handle if you have one

Could always use more Suns tweets on my timeline
@chrisdible but I don't tweet that much. depends of I am watching it live or on delay.

BookTheGoat

Post by BookTheGoat »

Followed! Mine is @_The_Serg

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:06 am
SunsRIt wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:55 pm
ShelC wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:53 pm
And if we can get him back healthy and then Frank and then Cam...
I wouldn’t mind Frank being out for the season. He gave us nothing.
I totally disagree. He would be a big help off the bench.
I think the one problem we ran into is that we didn't put Frank next to the right player. He needs to be paired with a rebounder/shot-blocker. We ran him with Saric or in small ball lineups where he was playing the 5 next to small forwards. I think he might be effective as a starter at the 4 next to Ayton.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.